grue

So, who wants to guess at what my canopy repair will cost? *details & pics*

Question:

What happened? Terminal deployment gone bad?

That's kinda scary, hopefully you landed OK if it happened on a jump. Is it an older reserve?

Chris

It's a main, first post updated to reflect that. Blew up on opening.
cavete terrae.

Ah that makes much more sense. Am I crazy but did it not say reserve previously? I could have sworn it said reserve. That's why I was so shocked you were Ok.

Sorry for being retarded!

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I wouldn't think it would be more than around $200.

Oh, and get a new packer;)

I like your estimate, let's hope it's around there. I fired the packer, but he won't leave! It's like I'm stuck inside him or something.. wait, shit.
cavete terrae.

Ah that makes much more sense. Am I crazy but did it not say reserve previously? I could have sworn it said reserve. That's why I was so shocked you were Ok.

Sorry for being retarded!

Chris

You may be crazy, but I doubt you're retarded :D
cavete terrae.

Holy Phuk Dude!!! Thats not good... There is no more to the story? You were on your belly and stable when you deployed? If so, you obviously cut it away? Are you blaming the pack job? Man, thats crazy shit there bro!
Josh K.
"Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2000 of something"
Mitch Hedberg '68 - '05

Are you sure you want that fixed? I don't think I'd want to jump something that was in bad enough shape to be torn like this, even if properly repaired.

And I'd estimate at about 800$ for the repairs. I say - hang this one on the wall to look at whenever you don't feel lucky, and get a new one.

Holy Phuk Dude!!! Thats not good... There is no more to the story? You were on your belly and stable when you deployed? If so, you obviously cut it away? Are you blaming the pack job? Man, thats crazy shit there bro!

Yeah, I flipped out of my sit at ~4500', pulled around 3,000. *BANG* Looked up, went "Wow, I can't believe it's flying straight" right as it started to spin. Chopped it. Pretty sure it was my pack job, but I'll let Precision tell me.
cavete terrae.

Are you sure you want that fixed? I don't think I'd want to jump something that was in bad enough shape to be torn like this, even if properly repaired.

And I'd estimate at about 800$ for the repairs. I say - hang this one on the wall to look at whenever you don't feel lucky, and get a new one.

I'm hoping it's not that much. Hopefully I'll be working out some sort of trade-in with Precision anyway, since I'm ready for a 190.
cavete terrae.

Hopefully I'll be working out some sort of trade-in with Precision anyway, since I'm ready for a 190.

Yea because there's a huge market for second hand canopies that have blown up.:)

:D

I actually get the impression that the damage could be a lot worse. The damage was all on stitching, except for the tear in the stabilizer.
cavete terrae.

>Yea because there's a huge market for second hand canopies that have blown up.

Hey, who knows? You may see a Ralph Special sometime soon - "Six cell canopy, one-of-a-kind - only $400!"

OMG, that's hilarious! "CALL RALPH!!"

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...