sangiro

Dropzone Reviews Gone Bad

Okay, so I have a little exploring to do on the new DZ.com since the forums and the first page are the only things I've seen but from what *head honcho* just said, I think it's sad that skydivers feel the need to bash other DZs. All DZs are a place where skydivers can jump.....maybe I'm just too new but I don't see how one is any *better* so to speak than the next. We all have our home DZs that we know and love but I don't see how any DZ deserves bashing. All have their purpose I think, but again, maybe I'm just too new to understand.
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

You're not too new, their just too stupid!! No really, you're correct. We all have our "home" DZs, but that doesn't mean that even a DZ that is in the same area, or close by, needs to be the target of unproductive, unsportsmanlike conduct.
I would have to say that it probably started with a "skygod" and his limited views on how things should be. People like that shouldn't go to boogies. But, then again, maybe I am too new and that is my opinion.

Hi there,
Can I suggest a small rule to stop the bitching: If you have a good experience at a DZ other than your own, then tell us by posting it. If you have a bad experience, then tell the DZO.
If Sangiro refuses to accept reviews of a skydivers home DZ, the through time we should be able to get "some warning" if the DZ doesn't have any reviews.
Meanwhile, let's keep it constructive.
Mike D10270.

I have been watching this issue for a week and haven't said anything. On the old Dropzone.com, I previously expressed my personal feelings regarding "dropzone bashing." I was taught from day one as a jumper that you do not publicly bash dropzones or their staff, etc. I have some harsh personal DZ experiences that I feel you would all find very relative to this discussion if I chose to share them, but I don't. While I was going through these experiences, I was given this advice: It may not seem like it, but...skydiving is a very small community. It's like Cheers...everybody knows your name. It won't do you any good to badmouth anyone in skydiving...it will only do you harm. If somebody asks you how you feel about a DZ you don't like, just make a funny face and shrug or something like that.
This advice was given to me by many jumpers and I believe we should heed it. This is only my humble opinion and two cents. I respect my fellow forum posters and their opinions, which may differ from mine. I am only trying to help you guys out and tell you things I think may be of benefit to you. :)Brotherly love and blue skies,
Sis

If Sangiro refuses to accept reviews of a skydivers home DZ, the through time we should be able to get "some warning" if the DZ doesn't have any reviews.

I think this would be bad. Some of the smaller DZ's would never get any reviews because they don't have many visitors. Just because they don't have many visitors or more importantly visitors who are on the net AND would take the time to write a review doesn't mean they should not be reviewed. For example, there is a small DZ closer to my house than my home DZ, some others from my area might want to try them out, and I wouldn't want them to be scared away by a lack of reviews. They are actually a good DZ.
I think what got things started down the wrong path was DZO's impersonating students and writing reviews of their own DZ.

I agree with Dutchboy-this problem seemed to begin with a DZO posting a review of his own place while pretending to be a student there-coincidentally,this same DZ is listed in three states,using three different aliases as if it were three different DZs,all with varying rates. It is unfortunate that some people show few morals in our mostly close-knit,caring community. I also agree that positive DZ experiences should be shared-but I believe unscrupulous or unsafe DZs should be reported on as well...the informed jumper is the winner here...

but I believe unscrupulous or unsafe DZs should be reported on as well...the informed jumper is the winner here...

Couldn't agree more. But if you plan on writing anything about a DZs safety record you better substantiate your claims VERY EXTENSIVELY or I'll delete it. I'll leave no room for speculation or hear-say on safety.
In so far as other negative reviews are concerned - you are more than welcome to post a negative review about your experiences at a DZ or the service you recieved. It's a good idea in general to substantiate negative comments or they quickly loose their credibility.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

did you mess up a clicky on your own site:D
or did the Page the link was linked to get deleted?

I'm gonna guess that the process for making a clicky has merely changed since 2001... ;):D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm gonna guess that the process for making a clicky has merely changed since 2001... ;):D

Actually I guess if I just pasted the www. address instead of the whole thing I would get the page....:$

Ima try it now.

EDIT: You fucker, Chris.:ph34r: I didnt even look at the date until AFTER I retried the address.B|
My photos

My Videos