BillyVance

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Well, I was 9 rows away from finishing off mowing my 3 acre yard when my riding mower came to a jerking halt and would not move forward or backward, even though the engine was still running. All belts are still attached and the mower blades still work. So, it's the transmission or drive shaft, or whatever the fuck it is that makes these damn things move. I aint a mechanic, but I know it aint good.

Damn thing was stuck on the hill so I had to get my truck down there and chain it up to the back of the truck to haul it back up to my driveway. Now, this tractor is the kind that even if its in neutral, it will not roll even if you push or tow it. The rear tires will not roll. So basically I drug the damn thing, leaving tracks in its wake. :S

So, now its sitting in my driveway and I'm trying to figure out how to get the fucking thing into the bed of my truck so I can drop it off at the local lawn mower service. I have no way to do it. I'll just have to go out there and tell them what the deal is and see what they'll do.

Shrek, any idea what you think is wrong with it and how much could it cost to fix, with you having your own lawn care business?

And yes, I'll have some whine with my goddamn cheese. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Seem it's transmission. But not 100% sure of it unless you are near here so I can come to see what is REALLY problem! That's only I can help, since I'm landscaper. I really wish to help you. If you found a problem with picture, I can help too tho.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I'm betting it's one of those goddamm green an yellow fuckers (that are programed to brake down) with the initials JD, Not to be confused with the
golden brown liquid that bears the same initials JD which initially will never let you down,

Any way sounds like you've got a severe case of the laughing shaft not meshing with the giggling pin.
the only remedio is plying yourself with a good quantity of the latter JD an seeing the funny side of life.

Gone fishing

Was it making any sort of strange sounds???

:D

-S

:D:D:D

Billy, here's what's going to happen:

You're going to take it to the shop and they are going to charge you a big $999 to fix it for the little $2 part that's broken. You're going to take it back home and it's going to break again within 2 rows of mowing. You're going to repeat the series of events until you finally figure out buying a new one altogether.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If it's a JD, it is highly fixable. Might cost a bunch, but unlike a Cub or other lightweight stuff, it can be repaired much like a car. (Many lightweight machines are throwaways because everything is stamped thin metal and too integrated to replace just the broken bits).

Biggest thing is whether it is automatic (such as a hydrostatic drive) or a manual; with or without clutch.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

What kind of mower?

Craftsman. I would have to look under the seat for the model #, like that means anything here... I've had it for 7 years. Bought new when I bought the house. Yes the warranty's long gone by now.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn thing was stuck on the hill so I had to get my truck down there and chain it up to the back of the truck to haul it back up to my driveway. Now, this tractor is the kind that even if its in neutral, it will not roll even if you push or tow it. The rear tires will not roll. So basically I drug the damn thing, leaving tracks in its wake. :S

I have a tractor like that and there is a disengage pin on the back axle. Just pull it out and it frees up the back wheels to you can push/tow it. Some mowers have the release pin on one of the wheel hubs.
Mine (John Deere) is on the rear differential.

I have a tractor like that and there is a disengage pin on the back axle. Just pull it out and it frees up the back wheels to you can push/tow it.

Yep, I found this out today when I had the lawn equipment repair guy come out to pick it up. Boy do I feel like such a blockhead! I remember using that when my wife ran it downhill into the woods and I had to tow it out 5 years ago, but I just totally forgot about it this time.

Well the good news is the drive belt snapped. So it'll cost a LOT less just to replace that! I didn't look far enough in there to see it to begin with. :)