LisaM

Restless Legs, anyone?

Anyone here have restless leg syndrome? What are your late night techniques?

Mine is to get up, go for a walk to the kitchen, eat oreos and drink orange juice. Only bad part is someitmes I toss and turn half the night before I wake up enough to realize I need to get up and walk. :(

Anyone tak meds for your restless legs? What's your trigger?

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I also find that antihistamines aggravates it quite a bit. I was in a clinical trial a while back for it.... the drugs worked.... but then they made me stop thew the study was done. >:(

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I had it for like ten years before my mother mentioned it one day and I was like "I have that!"

The medictions they use to treat it commonly are medications used for Parkinsons disease.

5 out of 7 women in my family and my mom's family have it.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I saw a commercial the other day about a new drug for restles leg syndrom or RLS.
I am dead serious on this.
I can't remember the side effects, but I think one of them was headache. So now my legs is ok, but I have a headache.
I don't have this anymore, but when I did I just used to beat the crap out of my leg until it was charlie horsed.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

restles leg syndrom or RLS

Can't people just call stuff what it is, anymore? Must everything be abbreviated? I swear, members of the United States Army Committee for Arbitrary Acronyms ("USACFAA") must have been discharged and gone to work for the pharmaceuticals and medical industries, or P&MI.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome is now "IBS"
Impotence is now, "ED."
Primary Syphilis with Chancres is probably "PCS"

It's not like the medical profession hasn't had their own abbreviations in the past, i.e., "MS" for morphine sulfate, which can obviously be confused with Multiple Sclerosis, Mass Spectrometry, Mitral Stenosis, etc.

I always thought RLS was Robert Louis Stevenson. Now it's Restless Leg Syndrome, or RLS. Yet more abbreviations and acronyms to take the place of effective communications...

No, it's not your fault. Rant over...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I agree. I cracked up when I saw the commercial. I thought it was a joke, like one of those geico commercials or something. But then it was serious. I was like RLS? Give me a break.

You could mess with a SO with that though. Say it's the first time sleeping together and you stop and say I just have to tell you I have RLS. Don't worry though I take medication and it's not contagious:D:D

edit: I had RSL instead of RLS. Come on clear skydiver mistake.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Iron deficiency, which we now know as "ID" has been correlated RLS, or Restless Leg Syndrome. TFHI's, what used to be called "those foods high in iron," BTNSICAEC, or "Before the New Standards of Concise and Effective Communication," include the standard BSPPL, or "Beef, Seafood, Poultry Pork and Legumes." Cokking food in an IS, or Iron Skillet, has been shown to be an effective way of raising BIL, or Blood Iron Levels.

If you think you suffer from ID or anemia, contact your FD, or Family Doctor, for more information...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Take Magnesium. One soluble pill in a glass of mineral water before going to bed. The easiest way to get rid of restless legs. Drink a lot of very good mineral water and just add one pill of it in the afternoon and anyhow, one before going to bed. Your legs will be sleeping like babies....

:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I've had it since I was a child. Carbidopa/Levidopa was prescribed by a neurologist some years ago. It worked, but it wasn't something I wanted to keep taking. Can't remember why though.

Since I'm a back sleeper, when the legs start jumping, it helps for me to roll on my side and bring one leg up to my chest. It works most of the time.

RLS is a lot more common than one might think.