skysprite

Uninsured driver vent

I didn't need this today or any other day!

On my way to work this morning I was cut off while a driver made an illegal U-turn right in front of me (and the lane next to me), then was sideswiped and hit by the guy as he merged into my lane, via me. Immediately afterwards, this other driver drove off the scene. About ten minutes later he came back and cooperated with filing the report, and I got his insurance information and I took down information off his driver's license.

I called his insurance claim number and found out that he's in fact not insured, and that there was no policy in force on that vehicle!

Grrrrr. My insurance is going to fix my car for me, but I do have to pay a deductible of course. Going to have to rob Peter to pay Paul and do a little tap dance to make this all work.

The good news is that while this was all happening, I got a call for a phone interview for a new job! Please think positive thoughts for me that I get the job, and that this whole mess gets resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible!

I'm going to go turn my phone off, take a hot shower, and go to bed now. :|
~skysprite

Make sure your policy for sure doesn't cover uninsured/underinsured. If it does no deductible or other costs to you.

They might just be trying to hose you and make it an "at-fault" accident to get the deductible and raise your rates. [:/]

Glad you're okay and congrats on the interview. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm going to say good luck to both you getting your car fixed and for the interview! :)
My 2007 Honda Civic had less than 3500 miles on it when some asshat sideswiped it and drove off. My insurance company SAID they would pay for it after I paid my deductible. The collision center called me when the car was ready and told me that they were having "issues" getting payment from USAA. FINALLY, after about 15 phone calls and me bitching for endless hours, they paid for my vehicle, and I was able to pick it up a week and a half later (it was finished, but they wouldn't release it without payment). So, good luck with that, and hopefully, you don't have USAA. :| Oh, and another thing... If your insurance company has "preferred shops" they want you to use, take it to where YOU want it fixed, NOT them.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

You wanna talk about the "uninsured"? Here in San diego we have our southern neighbors to worry about. It's hard to chase down a hit and runner when they can flee to Meheeeko!!! It's bad enough they use the Interstate 5 as their personal bedroom furniture dump.>:(>:(>:(

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Add "dangerous" and you're describing the lady herself

Don't forget easily amused also. BTW, did you know that she can scarf a McDonald's garden salad in mere seconds using only a pair of tweezers?:o
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Add "dangerous" and you're describing the lady herself
---------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget easily amused also. BTW, did you know that she can scarf a McDonald's garden salad in mere seconds using only a pair of tweezers?

You 2 are funny. :D Ralffers has had the 'displeasure' of meeting me a few weeks ago. That boy just doesn't know what he's in for yet. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Make sure your policy for sure doesn't cover uninsured/underinsured. If it does no deductible or other costs to you.

i'm confused

Basically confirm if she is being treated fairly or if they are trying to screw her out of coverage she paid for.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.