jimmytavino

Who reads a newspaper EVERY day???

Prompted by a Nick DG post...

anyone out there who begins, or ends the day by reading the local fish wrapper???

we have a Gannett Paper in our city which is home delivered each morning..... by a very reliable paper carrier..

4 sections,,, the usual AP or UPI stories....
National section, local section, Living section, sports......

I also pick up other papers at the drug store,,, if I'm looking for something to read...

p.s. I love to read,,,, but usually not books,,, ( inadequate attention span I suppose ) I read papers, magazines, and of course forum posts...

ANYONE else??????

Almost everywhere I've lived, I've subscribed to the "local" fish wrapper and read it FTB every day. It's a habit I picked up from my folks.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I read the newspapers everyday. I'm deaf and can't hear radio.. my brothers (hearing) often tell me something they heard on the radio.. and i'll tell them I read that 2 days ago...or day ago..

I read newspapers from every where...

I got to internet public library and read newspapers on line.

IPL.org go to newspapers / north america

Before I started skydiving I used to get the Sunday paper delivered and a few hours going through that with coffee was a ritual; but wouldn't you know it - I started going to the DZ and next thing I knew I had four weeks worth of Sunday papers piled up.

Now, I'll get pretty much all my news online (CNN, Reuters, local papers). I'll flip on morning news when I'm at the gym sometimes, but usually I'm half paying attention to it while I read a magazine.

My dad, on the other hand, has to have a paper to start every morning. No matter where he is. At home they get the local paper (well, the daily from the "big" city nearby, and the weekly from their small town) delivered, plus on Sundays they'll pick up the Washington Post, too. On vacation, he'll pick up whatever the local paper is. When I was traveling a lot I'd ask for the WSJ to be delivered to my hotel room instead of USA Today. I do still enjoy the WSJ... maybe I should restart my subscription.B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

nNe of my favorite things to do on sunday morning is to buy the paper and go to brunch with my boyfriend and just sit there pouring through the entire paper. Throughout the entire time we sit there and read certain parts to each other or get into a discussion/debate on the various articles. Plus I love reading the travel section and dreaming about trips i want to take.

Otherwise, no i don't read the paper every day. Jut bits and pieces of it online. i wish I had the time or energy.

I read the paper every morning before I head to work. It's a hbait I picked up from Mom and Dad. I get pissed when the paper is not in my driveway at 5:00 or 5:30 when I get up.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I subscribe to the Birmingham News. Get it delivered every morning in the tube attached to my mailbox post. I'm not always able to read it though. Usually have to wait until nearly bedtime when everyone else is asleep. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The USA Today is my 'vacation paper'

whenever i'm away... or on a trip somewhere I usually look for a copy of that paper...

Sometimes the hotels will offer it to guests as a courtesy...
I really like the section which includes a news item from each of the 50 states,,,,
I find it fun to scan through each state, and see what's happening there..
I always read the editorial page and letters to the editor in any paper... (AND of course Dear ABBY or whoever it is that is dispensing advice to those who have all sorts of questions for them.......sometimes those situations described in those columns make MY life seem awful bland.... by comparison... [:/].. )
Very often readers letters to the editor make lots more sense than what "professional" reporters and editors say...and sometimes they DON'T.....

I also like to look at pictures:o:P;), and most papers now have color..... and not just B & W ...

jmy