bigway

This world is going where?

WTF is a facebook boogie :D:D
Do you only chat to each other via a computer, person to person contact, and only virtual skydives and beers allowed:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Does anyone else reading this thread find it very funny? Not because of facebook, but because there's two guys on a skydiving social networking/forums site making fun of a skydiver from a different site. This same conversation was had by many skydivers back when posters first started talking about having a DZ.com gathering back in 2000.

:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sure yall are. That's fine, infact I'll join you in the jokes, just as long as we can make fun of ourselves and DZ.com.:D

Dave you're right but at least the reason they got ON the forum in the 1st place was for the sport of skydiving:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Skydiving? I thought this site was about beer drinking, posting pictures of your cats, writing poetry about your cats and telling off color jokes.:P

You mean it's not? ;)

Only in Texas.

I have no clue where I'm going but, wherever, I'm ridin' the handbasket.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

it may be called dorkzone.com but it is also the biggest marketing tool for every dropzone when they are putting an event on.

This website does amazing things for skydiving. It also does some terrible things.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Dont you mean Dorkzone.Com. I have heard it referred to more than once at several different dropzones around the country because of the high level of computer geeks and very low time jumpers present.

Has nothing to do with geekiness or time in sport.

Has everything to do with people who don't know wtf they are talking about giving advice (I can say this because I've been one of those people ;)).

Has nothing to do with geekiness or time in sport.

Has everything to do with people who don't know wtf they are talking about giving advice (I can say this because I've been one of those people

Haven't we all? Its the same thing that happens at every DZ every weekend but magnified. Someone has their block of knowledge and they want to share it, but their block of knowledge isn't very big and may not apply to the person they're trying to give it to.

Dorkzone.com
Disneyland.com (due to people being disconnected from reality)

Those are the two that stick out in my mind of having heard, I know that there's a lot of other resentment as well. Some people see it for what it is. Somewhere that has some good info sometimes from some people, but its great for advertising, events and the classifieds.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."