SansSuit

Dude! Slow down !

So there I am in the sky by myself at like 2,500' just hanging out. A glint of reflected sunlight from the ground catches my eye. It turns out to be the tape on the side of a squad car. He is set up behind a large building near the road running by the dropzone. An obvious (from that altitude anyway) speed trap. I look up the road and there is a car coming, too fast. I wanted desperately to warn the guy. At one point I even yelled. Sure enough, as i was turning onto final, I see the cop pull out after the guy.

Dude, I wish I could have helped !

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

God, I hate radar cops. Always wish I could design a HARM missile for radar - you detect a cop radar, launch, and destroy the sending unit!!!! Not lethal or anything, just blow the shit out of their f'in radar unit. And the worse are motorcycle cops!! Would like to have one in my ER passing a kidney stone. "Here is 2 aspirin while my tests are completed - might take about 4 f'in hours";)

Doc:S

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Would like to have one in my ER passing a kidney stone. "Here is 2 aspirin while my tests are completed - might take about 4 f'in hours"

My what an ethical doctor you are. You must be the pride of your profession.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Would like to have one in my ER passing a kidney stone. "Here is 2 aspirin while my tests are completed - might take about 4 f'in hours"

1. It was unprofessional of the Doc to say what was said.

2. Speeding/traffic tickets seem to be more a revenue generator than a public safety issue at times, to your average motorist...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

2. Speeding/traffic tickets seem to be more a revenue generator than a public safety issue at times, to your average motorist...

Sure, then again they've never had to cut a dead chick out of a car due to the vehicle being rear ended by someone going well over the posted speed limit...

Sure, then again they've never had to cut a dead chick out of a car due to the vehicle being rear ended by someone going well over the posted speed limit...

I'm not arguing that, Dave. I'm a law student who worked in Auto insurance claims. I know, just not first hand (the raw accident reports plus pics). I'm just saying that most see traffic tix as simply a way podunk towns raise revenue.

Geez Louise, Aggie, can't a guy have a little fun with a radar cop without gettin his ass reamed here?

Gawd, I have even treated lawyers with compassion and respect;);)

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Geez Louise, Aggie, can't a guy have a little fun with a radar cop without gettin his ass reamed here?

Doc

Just for the record, doc... I'm not going into tort law. family law or tax law... Dilaudid or loritab, please.

What's wrong with doing the posted speed limit anyway? [Says the "Granny" driver] :)

Can you imagine the anarchy on the roads if one person in four strictly obeyed the posted speed limit ?? It would be mayhem I tell you !

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

But isn't the issue more the speed differences than the speeds? You can have smooth safe traffic flow if every one is going 20 over. It's when you have a person going under or the speed limit that it gets dangerous.

IMO if the primary goal was safety, they'd go after the ones going faster than traffic AND the ones going slow and impeding it.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

What's wrong with doing the posted speed limit anyway? [Says the "Granny" driver] :)

2fat2fly would like you. Too bad you're out of his territory. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

J>>>

LOL

So I won't give you shit about the "it was unprofessional" comment!!;);)

"Dilaudid or Lortab" - now you sound like my typical patient:S:S

Just for the record, didn't Aggie Dip notice the smiley faces, tongue in cheek about my "umprofssional" comments. ??

Sometimes these forums are kind of brutal.

Doc

"

didn't Aggie Dip notice the smiley faces, tongue in cheek about my "umprofssional" comments. ??

Even jokes hit home sometime.

You (and anyone else reading this thread) should go do a ride along with a local police department sometime. Its a high stress, high danger job that most of the public don't understand since all they know is one side of what officers do or what they see on TV. And we all know that reality shows on TV are real, not to mention that the media always presents a fair and unbiased view with all the facts.

I'd explain in more detail, but the krispy kreme truck comes to the store by my house in a couple of hours and I have to get ready for that.:D

[

Even jokes hit home sometime.

You (and anyone else reading this thread) should go do a ride along with a local police department sometime. Its a high stress, high danger job that most of the public don't understand since all they know is one side of what officers do or what they see on TV. And we all know that reality shows on TV are real, not to mention that the media always presents a fair and unbiased view with all the facts.

I'd explain in more detail, but the krispy kreme truck comes to the store by my house in a couple of hours and I have to get ready for that.:D

Hey Dave, Sorry if I offended. I work in the ER, and interact with the cops almost every shift, often after one of their stressful times. I respect them, and give them shit :)
Doc

"

If your ER is like the ER in my area, then I really feel for you. Between a large number of people that call 911 and get an ambulance ride to the hospital for a headache or similar and then the large number of people that show up to the ER for routine doctor visit stuff, it has to suck. Then all of your staff are resources are taxed out when the real emergency stuff arrives.[:/]

..."Here is 2 aspirin while my tests are completed - might take about 4 f'in hours";)

:D:D:D:D
Having passed a kidney stone, I can appreciate the humor in that. Davie's just P.O.'d because of the cop tie-in.

Oh, BTW...my vote goes to demerol...lots and lots of demerol. Woooopeeeee!
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

..."Here is 2 aspirin while my tests are completed - might take about 4 f'in hours";)

:D:D:D:D
Having passed a kidney stone, I can appreciate the humor in that. Davie's just P.O.'d because of the cop tie-in.

Oh, BTW...my vote goes to demerol...lots and lots of demerol. Woooopeeeee!
:)

Boobies are better - Boobies make the world feel good.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"""If your ER is like the ER in my area, then I really feel for you. Between a large number of people that call 911 and get an ambulance ride to the hospital for a headache or similar and then the large number of people that show up to the ER for routine doctor visit stuff, it has to suck. Then all of your staff are resources are taxed out when the real emergency stuff arrives."""

Were you hiding at my ER last night.??
We average about 200 patients a day, and if the wait is long, I have seen someone from the lobby call the ambulance so they can go to the head of the line.>:(

Doc

"

That's why I have to be in intense INTENSE pain to go to the ER. The last time I went I was having back spasms so bad I couldn't walk. Well, I could walk but it took me 5 minutes to walk to the 20ft from the drop off drive by the door to the door while my wife parked my truck. While the check in nurse watched me with a wheel chair next to her.

If I'm sick and I'll make it another couple hours through the night, I go to my doctor. Anyways, I better stop, I'll get all upset and preachy.:D

If you ever get my BIOTCH of a neighbor as a patient I will pay you handsomely to get a sudden case of the slows.

(before anyone flames me, or the Doc, it's all tongue in cheek and YES YOU"VE thought bad someone too, so get a life!)
Doc
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I don't mind making fun, it was just a doctor talking about withholding modern treatment to someone because of their profession that really spiked me. Recently a guy I know died due to a hospital, an ER, not giving him full treatment and sending him home. So contrary to what people think, its about discrimination, not my personal career.

On the flip side the large majority of "radar cops" aren't what you think they are. Most are average patrol officers who in between calls for service, walking the streets, getting drugs off the street and investigating cases of abuse, they go out to the highway to get people to simply slow down. After a few fatality accidents it tends to make people want to get people to slow down and drive right. Funny how that works. Its only larger departments that have a separate traffic unit.

I went to our base hospital's ER yesterday (I took a spill on my bicycle yesterday and had/have a rather substantial gash on my elbow from the ground stopping me.)

I was lucky that a couple stopped by after my wreck with a pickup truck and was nice enough to give me a ride to my house (which is about a 1/4 mile from the hospital) I drove myself to the ER and fortunately by that time wasn't bleeding enough to make a mess all over the place... :$

The primary reason I went to the ER was to confirm that I had not in fact broken anything in my arm (it didn't feel like it but I wanted to make sure) I also felt that it would be a good idea to get a doctor to look at and assist in cleaning up the wound since it is on my elbow and difficult for me to get a good look at...)

I was only there for a couple of hours... I tihink there were a few people there trying to get flu shots... :|

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...