turtlespeed

What's your pain med of choice?

Fentanyl-300 times stronger than morphine!! Dilaudid works well also!! BlueSkies

300 TIMES?:o

Fuck!:o

Do you like stop breathing and go all comatose?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Darvies are great!So is hydrocodone when chased with a few Amaretto Sours or Valium.But Dilaudid is the way to go when you're in serious pain.They gave me that when I had my gallbladder rupture/removed.

I wish I had something other than excedrine right now for my toothache.:S:(B|

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I just like to breathe . . . sans meds - no deep breath no cough or sneeze w/o becoming a huge runny nosed crying baby.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I just like to breathe . . . sans meds - no deep breath no cough or sneeze w/o becoming a huge runny nosed crying baby.

So I guess that Tarzan chest pounding thing you do so often, is on hold for a while? :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So I guess that Tarzan chest pounding thing you do so often, is on hold for a while? :ph34r:

Pounding ANYTHING is on hold for a while - I need a nurse.:)

Fentanyl-300 times stronger than morphine!!

300 times!!!:o I've been given 20mg of morphine at once and I felt that morphine rush through my body so bad I thought my heart would stop.B|

Are you sure you're not embalmed?:|

300 times!!!:o I've been given 20mg of morphine at once and I felt that morphine rush through my body so bad I thought my heart would stop.B|

Eh, it's not 300 times more powerful than morphine....only 80 times :D

From Wikipedia

Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic, first synthesized by Janssen Pharmaceutica (Belgium) in the late 1950s, with a potency eighty times that of morphine. Fentanyl was introduced into medical practice in the 1960s as an intravenous anesthetic under the trade name of Sublimaze. Fentanyl has an LD50 of 3.1 milligrams per kilogram in rats, and, 0.03 milligrams per kilogram in monkeys. The LD50 in humans is not known. In the United States, fentanyl is a Schedule II drug.

Action©Sports

Currently I'm on Naproxen...don't know what the hell it is, but at least it's helping with this pain in my shoulder.

When I was a kid and in the hospital year to year they used to give me morphine (I loved that button thingy:ph34r:) but that was until I became allergic to it...spoiled all my fun>:( So then they started giving me demrolll and Tylenol with codeine...That did did the trick, I guess.

I once took a Vicodin because of BAD back pain.......I felt like I just smoked the best grass none to man, and it KNOCKED ME THE F*CK OUT FOR 17 hours. Best sleep I ever got. :D

Overall though, I still prefer Jack, Tequila or vodka. :P

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Morphine via patient controlled analgesic pump or subcutaneous injection. Quick pain relief and no discomfort from flushing out the saline lock. Obviously not an option at home but who wants to be in hospital?

I ate one 7.5-500 Lortab at 7:30 and it hadn't worked enough by 8:30 so I ate another. 15mg hydrocodone = the gold standard of 10mg morphine. Another hour later I finally had some relief. Add a couple beers to relax and I'm feeling human apart from when I move in the wrong direction.

Opiate tolerance means I don't get too high and can actually function getting some work done. That's a good thing-I never liked being that out of it when I had a lower tolerance for them.

Jumping off something low is a bigger rush than the legal morphine which goes with bad judgment doing that.

Currently i'm on Hydrocodone.....and if you look at the time I posted this you will see its not working.

After my skydiving accident....broke several vertebrae and crushed another....I entered a world of shit.
Due to the initial accident....I also received an artificial hip , five years later.
I live with unrelenting pain as best I can.
A couple months ago my Dr recommended Methadone for the chronic pain and I must say it worked as well as he said it would. I was sleeping all nite for the first time in ten years. I could finally get thru most of a day on one tablet.
The big problem arose when I started developing anxiety attacks and at one point started having negative weird thoughts that I couldnt justify...all side effects of the Methadone.
I decided to dump that shit and go back to the hydrocodone....at least my thoughts were my own.

Trust me when I say....withdrawl from Methadone is a real true bitch. I bounced off the walls for at least a week.
Some things are worse than pain.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Trust me when I say....withdrawl from Methadone is a real true bitch. I bounced off the walls for at least a week.
Some things are worse than pain.

I've never been on Methadone but they did put me on Neurontin after I shattered my leg. I was having some strange phantom pains in the foot long skin graft they used to close the wound. The graft didn't have any nerves but it hurt like a bitch for some reason.

They ramped me up to the highest dose and then failed to give me a refill. I went through the same thing - bouncing off the walls, no sleep at all for about 4 or 5 days, anxiety attacks, my skin felt like it was on fire, etc....it was one of the most fucked up experiences I've ever had.

On the same day the withdrawals subsided they gave me my refill. I flushed it down the toilet without a second thought.....

Action©Sports

probabaly because it has caffiene in it, it helps it
to work better, a synergistic effect...
For me, anything that works eventually stops working
or you need to take too much for it to work. I've taken up yoga to relieve pain in my wrists, back, shoulders and neck and it's worked better than anything I've ever taken. I hurt when I don't do it now, I still have some pain, but really it is minimal compared to what it used to be so I am happy with my choice of pain therapy..!;)

Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!