wildWilly

XBOX 360 WTF???

So my Xbox360 just kacked on me >:( and I've only had it about 6 months.
I talk to some guy on the 800 line who i'm sure was in India and he asks a few questions that I have a hard time understanding.
He determines that I have to send it in for service. They will send a box from UPS for me to put it in send it to them and then it will be another 3-4 weeks to get it back.
This SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Anyone else had any problems and how was it handled?

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Red Ring of Death?

Microsoft was actually at about a 2 week delay on getting the "coffins" from their supplier at one point since they were needing to request so many since thousands and thousands of units were dieing or were projected to die in the neart future.

They will fix it and send you a repaired unit provided you didn't install mod chips or anything on it. They also extended the warrenty from 3 to I think 5 on those units.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have heard about people having problems with their boxes but (touch wood) I haven't had a problem with the 2 that I own. Those that I have heard of having problems, usually had a replacement very quickly from the factory. Sorry to hear your box crashed.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Happened to me with an out of date 360, called the number and they agreed to fix it despite it being out of warantee. Doesnt cost you a penny, just a hassle and a wait.
Personally I thought it was really stand up of Microsoft to do what they are doing in regards to the 360 problem. They could have just said fuck you, you paid your money and took your chances.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

i also want orange box.

Just got it a a gift and it looks absolutely awesome. Its the kind of game that could make a whole day(or week) fly by.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just dropped mine off at Puralator today. There was a guy in line in front of me picking up his. He said it was his 5th one. The lady behind the counter said they handle about 15 - 20 per week. And that's just one small
depot in one small city, in one province, in one country. Holy Fuck, that's a lot!!!
We'll see how long it takes.
I miss HALO3 already.>:(

Willy

growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Just dropped mine off at Puralator today. There was a guy in line in front of me picking up his. He said it was his 5th one. The lady behind the counter said they handle about 15 - 20 per week. And that's just one small
depot in one small city, in one province, in one country. Holy Fuck, that's a lot!!!
We'll see how long it takes.
I miss HALO3 already.>:(

Willy

WTF do you guys do to your boxes? I've fallen into the space time continuum on several occasions and put both of mine to some serious non stop useage for extended periods of time with no ill effect. Hell, I've even taken one to combat in the likes of Afghanistan and all of it's dusty spelndor and heat/cold with no ill effect. I find it hard to believe I am just lucky or am I?
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

We had the red ring of death about 3 months ago and they sent us the free shipping box within a few days. We removed the hard drive and sent it in. Less than two weeks later they sent us a brand new console with a note saying they could not repair the old one so they replaced it. They gave us a new 3 year warantee with the new box.

So we were only down for two weeks and got a new box for no charge. All our games were saved on the hard drive. We only had a one year warantee on the original box and even though it had expired they took care of it. Can't beat that for customer service.

I find it hard to believe I am just lucky or am I?

Humm what about the guys that weren't there but the helmets and guns were stuck in mid-air? Software problem or XBOX? lucky...damn straight you are!:P

That was a SW/programming issue with the game,not a problem with the Xbox, AFAIK.:P
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING