apollard24

Whats your meaning of a best friend?

Interesting post...really made me think

My best friend and I know each other for almost 18 years-he was 5 and I was 8 when we met. For a while now though, we rarely talk; although we both live in the same city we talk once, MAYBE twice a month.

Guess things change :|

Edited to add: as far as the definition of what is a best friend....I agree with what the others have said thus far. In short; accept my strengths AND weaknesses

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

A Good friend is someone that will come bail you out of Jail at 4:00am.

Your Best Friend is the one sitting right beside you going "Dude!! That was Fuckin awsome!!":P:D

DING DING DING!!! Winner! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Your Best Friend is the one sitting right beside you going "Dude!! That was Fuckin awsome!!":P:D

A Good Friend will help ya move. :)

Your BEST Friend will help ya move a body! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That should make it easy, since you have lots of the former and little of the latter

Bwahhhhhhhhh!!
Dude...you don't have to live with this angry little white woman! But I thank you just the same...suck up!:P:);)

I'll leave that job to your SO. He has the required training. I just want to have you think of me fondly when I come to play in the sandbox you run.B|

If not toooooo busy, can you say jungle gym jump? PuLeeeeeeeeese!!!!
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

A Good Friend will help ya move. :)

Your BEST Friend will help ya move a body! >:(

That's my definition too! Just ask my best friend! He'll back me on that one! ;)
'Shell

LMAO..yep the "You better behave cuz I know how to kill you in 36 ways in less than 8 seconds" kinda thing? LOL:)

That's hot. :$
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have a very short list of best friends who are very dear to me.I tell them I love them as often as possible even if I only get to see them a few times a year,if that much.

To me, I see a best friend as someone who will always be there for you no matter what the situation,cost,time,etc. I know I could call any of these friends if needed and they would be there for me in whatever way I needed.

Example,I hadnt spoken to my best friend Jake in almost 2 yrs b/c of different life situations and school and such.He was in Boston at Berklee College of Music and I was at SHSU in TX.My grandmother passed and I called him and he talked to me for a long time.He couldnt make it to the funeral but his family did and sent his best wishes.

Another example, I was living it up at WFFC 04 on my birthday and my cell phone rings.WTF? who could possibly be calling me...it was my best friend Sherri calling me from her Air Force station in Iraq to wish me happy birthday.

I would do anything for my best friends no matter what the cost.Thats my definition of a best friend.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I have a couple of "Best friends". Friends that you can trust, know that they're there for you in thick and thin, and know that no matter what they're there for you. You can call them up any hour of any day, and they will always make time for you. In addition, they know that they can depend on you in any situation and know that you're there for them when they need a friend, and companion. They know what they tell will won't go any farther than you, and they respect your deepest thoughts, ideas, and theories as well.

A best friend is someone that you can spend time with, have great laughs, and know that no matter what you're doing, you're just glad that you are together. That's my interpretation of a best friend.

I'm lucky I have more than one!!! :)B|

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Someone that loves me for all that I am, and all that I am not.

someone who returns her emails so she can hear great news >:(:D:D

seriously though...What people have already said plus someone who, when life rolls in and everything falls away is still standing there for moral support. :)
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Someone that loves me for all that I am, and all that I am not.

I'm your best friend?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm your best friend?

Will you love me inspite of the things I may say or do?:P

Yes, Mistress.:| Of Course, Mistress.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have only a couple and I cherish the friendship. It hurts when they are at a distant.

So whats your meaning? :)

Someone you'll let pee on your leg when you get nailed by a jellyfish.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Somebody that can keep their word no matter what and NEVER talk behind your back, nor stick a knife into it!

Seriously, does such a person exist? I have taken that route with many of my "friends" and offered up those qualities only to be shot down, and treated that way time and time again... Now I have superficial friendships and I no longer get hurt... its great!