guppie01

RAPE ME

Jesus, dealerships are bloody rapists!!!

Took my car in for a 30,000 mile service, I just received a call from the dealership quoting me the following:

Power Steering fluid flush $149.00
Replace oil pan (apparently it's leaking - I haven't seen a drop of oil on my driveway) - $300.00
Manual Transmission flush - $79.00
Carbon Build up on Throttle flush - $310.00
Replace clutch - $1000.00
Valve adjustment and cylinder work - $735.00
Replace Spark Plugs - $152.00

Okay, so it started off with $199.00 30,000 mile service and now I'm looking at $2900.00 worth of work. WTF - HELL NO!!!!

>:(

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Any type of FLUSH is probably BS.

If your oil pan is leaking now, I guess they broke it and they shoud fix it for free.

You would know if your clutch was out. And if your clutch is out at 30,000 miles, please see your warranty.

The spark plugs MIGHT be a valid repair.

I get this same shit ALL THE TIME! I would just go pick your car up and say fuck you very much.

Oh NO, I didn't approve any other work.... Oh, and the audacity of the service guy.... "oh you can just put it on a credit card." WTF :S

I'm going to have the guys at my sister company take a look at the car to let me know if any of this shit is really needed / prioritize / and have them do the work for probably quarter the cost.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

FUCK ME do you have the world famous 76 cylinder engine in your car ?

Or is it an AN-2 ?

I'd charge that much to replace the plugs in a 4 cylinder VW. Most asinine fucking powerplant design ever. It's actually LESS work to take off the intake manifold than it is to work around it.
cavete terrae.

Yup what kitty said.

The manual flush may be warranted if you have never had it done. You should have to do it around 15- 30 k and then I've been told not for over 100k later.

Carbon build up, umm that is like a bottle of additive to your gas, 20$.
Are they replacing the plugs, or the plugs and wires. If just the plugs that is Bull shit.

I seriously would say fuck you very much and never go back. Speak with the manager and tell him your side.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Good luck with this fight!! So is the work done?? Or is this an estimate?? They won't let you take the car without paying for the work. I WOULD get the car for ya..I'm a little far away though. I love this type of situation! Don't piss me off!! Heads will ROLL!!

:D;)

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Or is it an AN-2 ?

I'd charge that much to replace the plugs in a 4 cylinder VW. Most asinine fucking powerplant design ever. It's actually LESS work to take off the intake manifold than it is to work around it.

Why is it you have to take all VW's to the dealer to do anything to them. hmmmmmmm I think they are onto something there.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Any type of FLUSH is probably BS. agreed on the steering, not sure on the tranny

If your oil pan is leaking now, I guess they broke it and they shoud fix it for free. agreed, and if they won't, it's ridiculously easy and much cheaper to do at home

You would know if your clutch was out. And if your clutch is out at 30,000 miles, please see your warranty. I think she meant a multiple of 30,000 mile service...probably 120k. ;) And it wouldn't surprise me if it were going

The spark plugs MIGHT be a valid repair. and less than $50 & a half hour of time at home

I get this same shit ALL THE TIME! I would just go pick your car up and say fuck you very much. Being a guy, I dont get it too often (though I did have a guy at Jiffy Lube try to tell me the clinking sound in my PCV valve meant it was broken :D). Still, I agree with your course of action. ;)
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Or is it an AN-2 ?

Why is it you have to take all VW's to the dealer to do anything to them. hmmmmmmm I think they are onto something there.

I'm convinced that piece of shit knows I'm Jewish. God knows it's fucked with me every way short of actually trying to set me on fire, and I'm sure the seat heaters will have a go at that any day now.
cavete terrae.

I'm convinced that piece of shit knows I'm Jewish. God knows it's fucked with me every way short of actually trying to set me on fire, and I'm sure the seat heaters will have a go at that any day now.

You are a racist. That is racist. Can I finish, Can I finish. Ok I'm finished.:D:D:D:D
Skymama's #2 stalker -