JackC

More great guitarists

I know an Andy McKee track called Drifting has been posted here once or twice and that there are a few folks here who liked it. Well here is another guy who plays in a similar vien that people might enjoy. His name is Antione Dufour and he's stoopidly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGemE401r-M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNw9YaXemlM&feature=related

This guy is pretty amazing too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gMgK7h-BA

any of the guys from Candyrat records are awesome...

tommy emmanuel

just a few of my favs...

I'm impressed you know of Tommy, i didnt realise he has any one overseas who was into him :ph34r::ph34r:
I have been listening to him for 20+ years, from his Day in RUSH, also with his Brother Phil, in "The Emmanual Brother Band" and all his solo stuff. he is a bit of a talentB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Tommy Emanuelle is a really good player although he does get carried away with the percussive thing, in fact he gets carried away a bit too much for my tastes.

Still, it has inspired me to put down the electric and learn to play a bit of acoustic fingerstyle.

Tommy Emanuelle is a really good player although he does get carried away with the percussive thing, in fact he gets carried away a bit too much for my tastes.

Still, it has inspired me to put down the electric and learn to play a bit of acoustic fingerstyle.

Yeah he never used to want to be a drummer, but you are right he does lay it on a bit much nowadays
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Although he's an asshole in real life, Ritchie Blackmore was a really good one in that genre.

Also:
Jeff Beck
Alvin Lee
Rory Gallagher

...and I always liked
Robert Fripp
Frank Zappa

But, IMHO, nobody beats:
David Gilmour
Jimi Hendrix
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Fripp and Zappa are both rediculously good. Fripp's cross-picking/string-skipping ideas are insanely difficult to do and Zappa was just so whacky that imitating him would be virtually impossible. Hendrix on the other hand, and I usually get shot for saying this, was over-rated.

While his music might be a little avant-garde for some, Allan Holdsworth has to be right up there in the gods too.

Fripp and Zappa are both rediculously good. Fripp's cross-picking/string-skipping ideas are insanely difficult to do and Zappa was just so whacky that imitating him would be virtually impossible.

Zappa? ehn... I prefer his old band-mate Steve Vai.

As with Zappa, you've got to be into some wacky stuff to like Vai, but his guitar work is freaking GENIOUS. Saw him live a couple years back, it was unbelievable.

Also Joe Satriani. And I'm glad someone finally mentioned Andres Segovia!
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Larry Carlton is right up there on top for one of the greatest guitarist. His work with Steely Dan was amazing and his solo work is awsome. Love the album Alone but never alone. Smiles and smiles to go is amazing.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

One thing I absolutely love about Vai is his ability to put exactly the right note in exactly the right place with exactly the righ attack every single time. His control over the instrument is second to none. The cheesiness of his music is also second to none. Well, OK it's not that bad but it does have a certain plastic quality I can't put my finger on.

Satch I like. A hell of a lot. His music is much more organic and real. But Vai is technically the better guitarist.

<>

Same with Eric Johnson.... excelent technician but somewhat souless at times also, his albums sound 'over' engineered.

On the other hand.....
Jan Ackerman can still do it.
And Garry Moore is the business too.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

...Hendrix on the other hand, and I usually get shot for saying this, was over-rated.

:D:D
Just how many holes do you have in your body?

You can't be badmouthing Jimi on his birthday!!!! Nov. 27.

Jimi was an innovator, died way too young and we never heard his best stuff. RIP
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey