ExAFO

Dear Housecat...

Why do you ignore me for seven straight hours, despite my offers of toys or treats, to only pay me rapt attention while I am taking a shit? I leave the door open because only you and I occupy our little abode, but seriously, a little dignity whilst I drop some kids off at the pool?

Also, my eyelids really don't need your 60-grit tongue on them at 0500 simply because you cannot wait for your breakfast. For Fuck's sake, you're going right back to sleep 5 minutes after I leave for school, so what the fuck is the rush?

I love you dearly kitty, but at times I think you still take tips from the ex-girlfriend I still don't talk to...

:|
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

and what's up with this "race down the stairs" thing they do in the morning?

When I get up & head towards the stairs the cats seem compelled to position themselves right at the top step & race down the stairs with me.

WTF is up with that? I just got up & just wanna go down & turn the kettle on. I'm not here to race down the steps.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

CUTE photo!:)
One request: Remove bell from collar.

:P

Oh hell no. Franklin's sneaky enough. I want to at least have an idea of where he's getting into trouble before I'm alerted by (for example) the crash of the coat tree.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

CUTE photo!:)
One request: Remove bell from collar.

:P

Oh hell no. Franklin's sneaky enough. I want to at least have an idea of where he's getting into trouble before I'm alerted by (for example) the crash of the coat tree.

Precisely the reason Neko is belled. It's somehow my fault if her sneaky ass gets stepped on/bumped in the dark. The bell is what I like to call "risk management.":ph34r:
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

The bell is what I like to call "risk management."

Sabre is who we like to call "quality control". He decides what decor is satisfactory enough to be left alone, and which must be destroyed (or made into an "original". He's a very talented artist.:P)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Biscuit just used to get 'trodden' on or 'kicked' if he got under my feet in the dark. He now uses his superior night vision to get out of my way. ;)

Clearly he didn't do that with the neighbourhood ferral cat called Cazanova who inflicted the injury in this picture. Not that Biscuit ever minded, I think he's just glad to know that despite his colour pattern he will now NEVER have to go to a cat show again. I could have told him that after I picked him up from the breeder, he just wanted to make sure...:)
tash

oh and Biscuit, if you're reading this, when I'm reaching out from under the covers to hit the snooze button, that is what I'm doing, not putting my hand out to pet you - if you keep interfering with that the high pitched beeping just last longer!>:(

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Our QC expert is Roger, who is about 18 months old now. This year we'll find out whether or not a Christmas tree is acceptable decor for him. Last year, we didn't even bother because we knew it wouldn't last and all the beautiful ornaments I have been collecting my entire life would have been toast. :S

:D

You know, I kid but the fuzzy butts (two kitties, one dog) are really very good. Most damage was done in their kitten/puppy years--we replaced--and not so much since.

But, they do still make their marks here and there.:ph34r::D:P

There are probably a billion stories I could tell, but what's ironic is they're all hilarious to me. It's ironic b/c I'm a clean & neat freak. And I like to keep nice things nice. But, if one of the fuzzy butts is the culprit I just can't help but laugh--especially when I see it happen. It really just doesn't at all bother me. Ever. I even take pictures.:S I really wish I could have captured that moment when I caught Sabre dangling from my favorite sweater. He ruined it of course. But his claw was stuck and the only reason I found him was his terrified meow and there was no time to grab the camera. I had to rescue him. But the image is forever in my mind and still makes me laugh. It's a good thing. It makes me realize how silly it is to love a sweater.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.