eeneR

Men: What do you mean when you say "My partner"

:D:D

Im sorry all I am hearing is an excuse :P

:D:D:D:D(with you not AT you):D:D:D

Its not an excuse. I cant just go wandering into that area with no reason. I keep trying to run into him, but it isn't working dang it. I am curious :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

word not used in your personal vocabulary?

I call co-workers co-workers or associates.
A woman in my life is my girlfriend or friend if we're not "that" friendly yet, possibly that "W" word I hear some people use...but I'm not so sure I'd even use that word. :P

Its not an excuse. I cant just go wandering into that area with no reason. I keep trying to run into him, but it isn't working dang it. I am curious :ph34r:

Oh. My. God.

have you not jumped this guy yet? I think Bolas' "Man Rules" thread should let you know that hints, obvious or otherwise, are not working.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh. My. God.

have you not jumped this guy yet? I think Bolas' "Man Rules" thread should let you know that hints, obvious or otherwise, are not working.

+1

:D:D:D:D:D

besides you know his coworkers by name...if he meant him wouldn't he just say his name instead of calling him 'partner' :D:D:D
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Actually the question was posed because i was curious if guys ever call there girlfriend just there partner. I rarely ever see this used as a term that way, but more so either co-worker or gay partner.

Yes I know he doesn't want to go out with me I get it...I was just someone to use as a ego stroking post. I get that, this was more of a question of used phrase.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Guys So if in a conversation at work with some one you make comment to "My Partner" what do you mean?

In a work context which this is from I take that as to mean his coworker he is paired up with.

However outside of work I have seen this more used for homosexual partners more so then heterosexual partners though it can be used both ways. Most straight guys I know would just say "girlfriend" or "lady friend"

So what do you take it as?

When refering to my band member (musical group), I always refer to him as my partner.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Yes I know he doesn't want to go out with me I get it...I was just someone to use as a ego stroking post.

Awww. :(

Fuck him then!!! (and for once I don't mean in that way)

He's not good enough for you. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm just teasin' ya, didn't want to have to refer you to "He's Just Not That Into You" or tell you to go knock him upside the head again because he's not smart enough to be That Into You. :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Here's how it works.

* Being a guy, if I minimize the person I am having a relationship with by using the term partner, there is either something I don't want to discuss or I want to fuck you but not give up my relationship.

* If I say, "I'd love to fuck you really hard but I'm sooooooooooooooo in love with my [wife, SO, GF, or whatever]", then I'm not really into you but I want to leave open the possibility.

* If I say, "I love you", after I've been drinking it means, "I want to fuck you", unless you are a guy then it means I've had waaaaaaaaaaaay too much to drink.

* If I say, "I want to fuck you", that means that yes, I do indeed want to fuck you but realize that no way in hell will you say yes unless you are really drunk, horny, and desperate or will lower yourself to nearly any level to piss off your soon-to-be ex-BF.

That being said, ladies of dz.com, I want to fuck you!:D:D:D:D

Walt

stroking post.

He's using you as a what?!? :o:o:o

Honey, between this and your 'pole', Freudian slip for 'poll' as normiss attempted to point out, methinks someone has sex on the brain. :)

An ego stroking post is a girl a guy flirts with and does it for nothing more then to get attention to stroke his own ego. Girls in fact do this to. It is quite hurtful to the other party if they do not realize that this person really does not like them.

It is a lack of sex on the brain....:|
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

An ego stroking post is a girl a guy flirts with and does it for nothing more then to get attention to stroke his own ego. Girls in fact do this to. It is quite hurtful to the other party if they do not realize that this person really does not like them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! :o And here I thought it was some type of feline masturbation device! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

The pole disagree's with you guys so far though....:S

Yeah, well the majority of people thought the earth was flat for a long time too.

Walt

I could swear there's still a turd floating in your bathtub.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.