MagicGuy

How Often Do You Dream?

For as long as I can remember I have always had dreams. Very, very rarely does a night go by where I don't remember at least one or two of the dreams I had that night. I'm beginning to feel as if I'm in the minority when it comes to how often I dream.

My dreams are, for the most part, fairly realistic and accurate. Mostly good dreams, or at least good humored and not scary or bad. Of course I have bad dreams every now and then, too. Oh and I always dream in color, never black and white.

When I was a kid I was actually able to, when I was having a bad dream, able to tell myself in the dream that I was dreaming, and immediately wake up right after. It was an awesome ability to have, and occasionally I can do it these days. I later found out that this is the beginning stage of full on lucid dreams, where after you realize you are dreaming, you can actually take control and turn the dream into what you want it to be (heh..).

Anyways, dreams are really interesting to me. I don't really try to interpret them, although I've heard that there are certain types of dreams that actually can/do mean something.

So, how often do you have dreams that you remember? Do you try to make anything of them? Ever had a dream that turned out to be real?

When I was a kid I was actually able to, when I was having a bad dream, able to tell myself in the dream that I was dreaming, and immediately wake up right after. It was an awesome ability to have, and occasionally I can do it these days. I later found out that this is the beginning stage of full on lucid dreams, where after you realize you are dreaming, you can actually take control and turn the dream into what you want it to be (heh..).

It's called "lucid dreaming" - I got pretty good at it for a while, and on occasion when I'm dreaming - Usually when it's an unpleasant dream, I'm still able to do it. Unfortunately, the really "good" dreams (hehehehe - ) I haven't had so much luck with.

I dream most every night, but 99% I don't remember after waking. I have had a few dreams and later on some "deja vu".

Easy Does It

For as long as I can remember, I had dreams that I would usually remember when I woke up.

For the past several months, I have had dreams every 3-4 hours (R.E.M. stage) that I get caught in. In other words, they are so vivid, seem like they last for a long time and they won't stop until I fully wake myself up. Then I'm awake for several hours. It leaves me exhausted. These dream have become extremely stressful.

I've been having vivid dreams pretty regularly, ever since I can remember. Sometimes they're about "normal" things, like having a conversation with someone, and they're so vivid that I have trouble remembering if they really happened or not. :$

And I've been having "awake during sleep paralysis" dreams since I was around 12 years old. Those are usually nightmares, but in the last couple of years (I'm 36 now) I've gotten pretty good at realizing that I'm dreaming and then turning it into a lucid dream.

Especially in the last six months or so... My new trick is that, if I suspect I'm dreaming, I'll decide what I want to happen next, which is usually to fly... And then I'll float up in the air and start doing all sorts of cool things. A lot of times I seem stuck in my house, so I'll just float around inside my house. But sometimes I'm able to fly over trees, over the ocean, or over cities, stuff like that. Those dreams are really cool. :)
Anyhow, yeah, I'm quite the dreamer. But no, I don't think I've ever had one that turned out to be real, though I'm not sure what you mean by that. And yes, I often try to find symbolism in my dreams, but I don't pay much attention to that unless it's pretty obvious.

I dream almost every night. Most dreams are really cool. The kind that I don't really want to wake up from . . . . other times I wake up more tired than when I went to sleep from all the running and adventure in the dream. Then occasionally I have the really scary dreams that are so realistic that I wake up and wonder how true they may have been.

Most of the time I LOVE my dreams.... but sometimes I just want to sleep!

I dream, according to my wife, but, I usually dont remember. 2 to 3 times a week in the middle of the night, my hands come up, like they would be on the controls of my ultralight, and I am flying, and talking on the radio, apparently, cause, I dont remember anything in the morning. :)

What you just described are some of the dreams I'll have. They'll be so intense, feel so real.. that when I wake up out of them, I feel physically exhuasted. Strange.

Yeah, I never got good enough at lucid dreaming to the point where I could change or control the dream. I could only ever do it to wake myself up out of a bad dream. I've heard, however, that it's a skill that CAN be learned.

Symbolism I guess is more what i was talking about.. if anyone's ever noticed it in their dreams. I've also seen on those talk to the dead via a psychic medium shows that when loved ones that have passed away come to you in your dreams that it can be a psychic type connection.. I don't know how far I'll go to believe that, but I do stand by the fact that DREAMS ARE WEIRD.

Yeah, I never got good enough at lucid dreaming to the point where I could change or control the dream. I could only ever do it to wake myself up out of a bad dream. I've heard, however, that it's a skill that CAN be learned.

Well, I'm pretty sure that I've learned it, but it took me almost twenty years. :)

I remember my dreams most nights, and I agree that they mean something. In my case they are so similar to what I think about and do during the day, that the meaning is pretty obvious, even without a degree in psychology.

I don't think they can tell you anything about the future or things that are going to happen, but they are an indicator about how you feel, what you worry about, what you want.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

For as long as I can remember I have always had dreams. Very, very rarely does a night go by where I don't remember at least one or two of the dreams I had that night. I'm beginning to feel as if I'm in the minority when it comes to how often I dream.

My dreams are, for the most part, fairly realistic and accurate. Mostly good dreams, or at least good humored and not scary or bad. Of course I have bad dreams every now and then, too. Oh and I always dream in color, never black and white.

Anyways, dreams are really interesting to me. I don't really try to interpret them, although I've heard that there are certain types of dreams that actually can/do mean something.

So, how often do you have dreams that you remember? Do you try to make anything of them? Ever had a dream that turned out to be real?

I remember the majority. If I have really freaky one I wake up. I then force myself back to sleep to get the ending. Kinda like a movie. I love my sleep. Edit to add.> I dream in VIVID color. Who dreams in color or black and white?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Dreaming every night is not even a little bit unusual.

In fact, its been well established that everyone dreams every night unless something interferes with the process like drugs or alcohol. We just don't always recall the dreams.
__

My mighty steed

I dream pretty frequently.

I had a really bad dream last night.. I was walking around campus (which had been taken over by skydivers) and I looked up to watch someone who was jumping, and then they went in with nothing out about 5 feet from me. The person I was talking to had to run out of the way to not get squished.

What a crap dream!>:(

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I usually wake up remembering two or three different dreams throughout the night. It can be exhausting sometimes.

This morning I was dreaming that I walked over to my neighbors' house in my nightgown, went into their kitchen, and stole a packet of cocoa. As I was leaving, they saw me, so I went out the back way, walked around the neighborhood, and tried to sneak back into my house. But the neighbor dude met me at my door and asked why I was breaking into their house and taking their cocoa. I was trying to explain that I had no idea why I had gone over there, especially since we have our own cocoa, but then I woke up, and was relieved that it was just a dream.

And I have no idea what that one was all about. Perhaps I am subconsciously coveting my neighbors' cocoa. :D

I've also seen on those talk to the dead via a psychic medium shows that when loved ones that have passed away come to you in your dreams that it can be a psychic type connection.. I don't know how far I'll go to believe that, but I do stand by the fact that DREAMS ARE WEIRD.

I'm definitely not into talking to the dead through psychics, but I had a wild dream after my grandmother died, wherein she called me on the phone from heaven to tell me that she had, in her words, "defrosted the frigidaire" that day. In my dream, I wondered how I could tell her that she was dead and couldn't call me anymore. :D It was so incredibly realistic that it still stands out in my mind as a very different dream than any "normal" dreams I've ever had. I woke up and wasn't really sure what had happened.

I saw a lot of my grandmother and loved her but wasn't so tremendously close to her that her death was devastating to me, otherwise the dream would have made more sense. I'll never forget that one--and I'll always wonder about it just a little bit.

Oh, and not only do you dream every night, I think you'd have some fairly serious medical issues if you didn't. As others have said, the real issue is what you actually remember.
TPM Sister #102

I've also seen on those talk to the dead via a psychic medium shows that when loved ones that have passed away come to you in your dreams that it can be a psychic type connection.. I don't know how far I'll go to believe that, but I do stand by the fact that DREAMS ARE WEIRD.

I'm definitely not into talking to the dead through psychics, but I had a wild dream after my grandmother died, wherein she called me on the phone from heaven to tell me that she had, in her words, "defrosted the frigidaire" that day. In my dream, I wondered how I could tell her that she was dead and couldn't call me anymore. :D It was so incredibly realistic that it still stands out in my mind as a very different dream than any "normal" dreams I've ever had. I woke up and wasn't really sure what had happened.

I saw a lot of my grandmother and loved her but wasn't so tremendously close to her that her death was devastating to me, otherwise the dream would have made more sense. I'll never forget that one--and I'll always wonder about it just a little bit.

Oh, and not only do you dream every night, I think you'd have some fairly serious medical issues if you didn't. As others have said, the real issue is what you actually remember.

I remember most of my dreams....they tend to be in color and are the most bizarre things. the ones that i hate the most are when something happens that irritates me.....and I wake up angry.[:/][:/]
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!