turtlespeed

Pet Peeves

I was replying to you b/c you started the thread and asked the question. I wasn't replying about your last reply to me. But since we're replying about replies I could go for some "wood again".:P

How much wood do you want?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

When people who wish to express disinterest in something say "I could care less".

People who wait until they're on some form of public transport to choose their ring tone.

The fact that finding a decent sandwich without mayonnaise on it is ridiculously hard in my city.

When people who wish to express disinterest in something say "I could care less".

People who wait until they're on some form of public transport to choose their ring tone.

The fact that finding a decent sandwich without mayonnaise on it is ridiculously hard in my city.

When people still haven't figured it out that it is spelled "S A M M I C H"!!!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I could care less, but I'd have to try very hard indeed... :)

Edit: typing is very hard...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

My Numero Uno Pet peeve is people using the word "I", "me", "my" "Mine" in team based projects. I think that is a subtle clue towards the inside of what makes that person tick. I had to rate a few speakers last night at a conference and I gave everyone who did that a big fat zero.
=========Shaun ==========

1. People who take the elevator to the 2nd floor in ANY building...i mean seriously...come on

2. SHORT people who take the exit row in airlines, which then forces my 6'5" ass to try to fit in a normal seat and then the person in front of me decides they want to recline their seat the entire time and can't because the seatback is at my knees.

3. People who are too gutless and spineless to break up to your face and resort to the "text message breakup"

4. People who whine and bitch about their situations but sit there and don't do anything to help themselves or to find help

5. Girls who go to the club to "hang out with their girls or their friends" dressed in mini-skirts, tank tops, halter tops, knee high boots and 4 lbs of makeup on..
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

What is your current Pet Peeve?

Watching a scary movie in the theater with a family of six or seven behind me. Lil five year old Maria watching aliens impregnate pregnant women and have the lil alien babies explode out her pregnant uterus.... seven year old Ricky and his friend/brother talking while the Predator takes on the main Alien.... imagining the Christmas night questions of Julia asking "Mommy, did EVERYBODY in that movie die? Even the babies?"

When going to movies like that - GET A BABYSITTER!!!!

(sometimes I wonder about some of the people that are "parents")

My Pet Peeves:

Most of it is due to driving, but there are a few others that I will post.

First off, my drive to work every morning for the last 2 years has consisted of about 30 minutes down a 2 lane highway. For this reason, I have developed a shitload of road rage. The speed limit on this highway is 55.

These are the things that make my blood boil:

1. People that are incapable of driving the speed limit, it just pisses me off, because this happens every morning, someone feels that he/she can't safely drive 55, therefore, reduces the whole traffic flow to bumper to bumper 40 mph for 15 miles because they haven't woken up enough yet for their brain to process those kinds of speeds. I'm sorry, but if you can't at least drive the speed limit, you need to get off the fucking road and call a cab. There are exceptions to this rule, certain vehicle configurations, such as pulling a load, etc that will make it unsafe to drive that fast, but if you can't hop in your nice brand new Honda Civic and drive your vehicle at the posted speed limit, you need to get off the damn road.

2. Failure to use a signal, c'mon now, how difficult can it be. You have no trouble dialing a number on your cell phone, or changing your radio station, both of which require more energy than to flip that little handle up or down on the left hand side of your steering wheel. I can't read your mind, and it's gonna piss me off when when you start braking for no apparent reason.

3. Cell phones and driving, I have no problem with it, if you can handle doing both at the same time. However, if the use of your cell phone while driving impairs your ability to drive the speed limit, use your signal, or any other skill needed to efficiently drive your car, either get off the damn road, or get off the damn cell phone!!

4. Taking forever to make a right turn onto another road, street, drive, etc. Ok, so we're driving at 45 mph in a 55, because you don't know how to drive your damn car in the first place, then you feel the need to come to a complete stop before making a right turn onto your street, then slowly execute the turn. Why? Chances are, you're on your cell phone, or you're scared your car is going to flip if you make the turn faster than 5 mph.

5. Not taking advantage of that huge center lane used for making left hand turns, and left hand turns only. I don't know why, but I see it everyday, there is a center lane made specifically for this, yet they can't understand why it's there. Instead they would rather stop in the fast lane without a turn signal, cell phone stuck to their ear, and wait for oncoming traffic to clear, then slowly make the left hand turn into Food Lion.

There are several other driving pet peeves. I could probably write a book about them all, but these are just a few that I encounter everyday that really pisses me off.

Other Pet Peeves:

-Using the wrong form of there, their, or they're,
-Using the wrong form of your and you're
-Not knowing when to use then vs. than
-Not knowing when to use or vs. are-They sound alike, but I promise, they have different meanings.

The grammar pet peeves only bother me about as bad as someone not realizing they have a bugger hanging out of their nose.

Anyway, enough of me ranting, everyone carry on!!