Unstable

It's Saturday - Why arn't YOU jumping?!?

Our DZ is open and jumping despite the high of 24 deg F for the day, but the runway is ploughed and we're going up.

I'm calling it a day for me though. I love jumping in the cold, but I was up for a few hours last night tossing my cookies after eatting some chicken that wasn't prepared all the way. So, I may swing out later and help with the accounting, but I'm resting today.
=========Shaun ==========

Currently at 10:30AM
RAIN
Temperature: 37°F
Cloud Cover: 100 %
Ceiling: 1500 ft

Forecast tomorrow is clear and cold. If the winds aren't too high (they're forecast to be pretty high) I might do some popsicle jumps.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My whole point of this thread is to poke fun at people for not jumping for sissy reasons. In your case, with rain, you really leave me no where to go...:|

Maybe you can't jump because you need to clip your toenails? Tea party? Anything?:)

Same weather at 11:11 AM. Plus our daughter is in the school play tonight, and she has to help with the matinee show too. So today we'll be at the theater.:)
She's the lead in "The Diary of Anne Frank." She did a great job in the Thursday night show. Tonight is the closing show. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again. B|

Current conditions are 30 degrees and overcast, ceiling is 1800 feet.

Besides that, we currently have no plane, and even if we did, it's hard to scrape up even 4 hardy souls this time of year.

Oh, and tomorrow's high is supposed to be 21 and Monday's 17, with lows in the single digits.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Too cloudy, so I've been cleaning and declutting the house. All of my linens are in cute baskets on the shelf now.

I might do popsicle jumps tomorrow too. In Florida terms, that means it is supposed to be below 60 on the ground. Brrrrr!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No Cash...

Lemmi get this straight.... You have No cash for jumping, but you have at least 1 kidney that you arn't using, and ample amounts of blood and plasma.....

Has anybody ever done the donating blood for money thing? I'd like to keep my kidney and most of my liver, but selling blood for money doesn't sound too bad.

you kids over in mad hatter town are just hardcore and I have lost that edge years ago.. but then again it's 24degrees and i really don't like jumping in the cold.
For all you Manhattan jumpers, a group of KC locals are going roller skating tonight in overland park, you should come over!
www.greenboxphotography.com

For all you Manhattan jumpers, a group of KC locals are going roller skating tonight in overland park, you should come over!

I just called the Dropzone, after flying a few loads of Students, we shut down and sent the pilot home. Bummer. Last week, in the same temperature, we flew some 15 loads.....

BTW, are you gunna make it out sometime? We have some good events coming up this spring!

Ceiling: 1500 ft

What?!? You've never heard of a hop and pop?!??!:|

:P:P:P:P:P

I'm in the northwest. If it weren't raining, I'd be turning points.

Better? :P:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My whole point of this thread is to poke fun at people for not jumping for sissy reasons. In your case, with rain, you really leave me no where to go...:|

Maybe you can't jump because you need to clip your toenails? Tea party? Anything?:)

Me and two other funnies were socked in at a dz once where it was 100% covered ground to 22k.... RAIN to beat the band...as we eyed SSW we saw something coming from the distance which we figured was a HOLE... We asked if it was ok to ride up and if looked good enuf for the pilot and we 3 agreed, we would exit! We also agreed to whatever the pilots choice was! The DZO bestowed alot of TRUST in us ... I mean alot of TRUST here! Anyway, when we got to 7100' that HOLE was about 1/4mi away and HEADING right over our LZ at maybe 10mph... This HOLE was about 1/2 to 3/4mi wide and 8k AGL (think of a 1/2mi wide WINDTUNNEL without wind) It was cylindrical and way cool and calm.... about 72degF grdwindsSSWat8-11mph

ALL 4 of us AGREED to....... "DOOOR"...

It was a blast! We got wet, we got lost(sorta), in and out of the clouds but none of us ever lost sight of the dz and or landing area. I popped at 2800 one popped higher and the most exp brother went down to about 2000 or 2200....... We didnt have much time to play or anything, just exit, fall, open fly alittle and land...

It was ALL GOOD!!B|B|B|

NO jumps for me AGf@&*ingAIN... I was planning on SDC tomorrow, but our company Christmas party is tomorrow noon and straight to work right after!

Has anybody ever done the donating blood for money thing? I'd like to keep my kidney and most of my liver, but selling blood for money doesn't sound too bad.

I think you have to sell plasma ... I think whole blood can only be donated in the U.S.

I think you have to sell plasma ... I think whole blood can only be donated in the U.S.

Does it pay good?