waltappel

What's your favorite Rolling Stones song?

Hmmm....

Depending on my mood...

Dead Flowers
Emotional Rescue
Faraway Eyes
Beast of Burden
Don't Look Back
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think I heard that Satisfaction was composed just to fill up the B-side of one of their singles. It was just bullshit they threw together over a repeated guitar lick, which is why Mick Jagger sounds as though he's just making up the lyrics as he goes along. lo & behold, it became an accidental hit.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

one of my favorites that doesn't get played too often is "West Coast Promo Man"

its fun to go through Stones albums & hear tracks that usually don't get played on the radio but are actually hidden gems.

After Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street, one of my favourite Stones albums is Between the Buttons. It's full of great songs.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The "Let it Bleed" album is one of the best ever recorded. The sone "You Can't Always Get What You Want" is always a favorite. The french horn at the beginning of that song shows that the Rolling Stones had greater depth and musical ability than just guitar riffs.

"Love in Vain" and "Country Honk" are also great songs from that one album.

"Sympathy for the Devil" is one of their darker hits, but it always puts a smile on my face!
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

I think I heard that Satisfaction was composed just to fill up the B-side of one of their singles. It was just bullshit they threw together over a repeated guitar lick, which is why Mick Jagger sounds as though he's just making up the lyrics as he goes along. lo & behold, it became an accidental hit.

"Green Onions" by Booker T. and the M.G.s was a tossed out B-side filler. Ends up being a huge hit. B|

Favorite Stones song, huh? Probably "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" but they have had so many good songs it's hard to pick just one.