Dutchboy

What a joke

WOW Dutchboy! Those new reviews are slammers! LOL I'm staying away from this from now on. Read my posts above I'm to lazy to type it out again. -LOL

We want reviews from real skydivers who have actually been to a DZ. I have been to every DZ I reviewed and gave an honest account of my experience. I think that is exactly what those reviews are for.
BTW, do you know what is happening with Rome? I heard they lost the Super Otter. They also built a swoop pond. I was there the day after they built it, but it was so cold I think there was ice on the surface.

Nope, sorry I dont have the slightest clue-LOL, Ice-swooping pond?- New concept?? I didnt even know they had a super-otter-LOL. Lots of planes move around this time of year it seems. With the Northern DZ's getting ready to re-open and all. Most dz's lease their larger more popular jump planes, prolly get a better deal in the winter and in the summer whiz-bang, but I'm just assuming. The costs of leasing these planes are HUGE! Owning one is even worse. Can you imagine what any DZ has to pay in insurance for them? LOL. On the other hand you might think that with the spring coming, more $$ would be rollin in, who knows-LOL, with this weather we will all be road-tripping to skydive!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

A-2584 Anonymous! How many years are you going to stay with an "A".

I believe that the NZPF preceding that 'A' number is New Zealand Parachute Federation.. In other words, it's NOT a USPA number.. Not all countries have 37000+ 'A' licenses out there..
BTW, am I right about what NZPF means? I'm just assuming that one..
Mike

Well,
I don't know about ya'll but I have jumped at all of the dz's posted about. I find that thomaston is by far the best DZ in the state of georgia with Monroe running a very close second. The only reason Monroe is second is the power lines are fairly close and I have seen a number of people get close to them and the landing area isn't as flat as thomaston or quite as large. Mike Powell is a great dzo and a good pilot at Thomaston and Bill Scott is just as good an instructor and dzo as Mike is a pilot. So I have no problems with either. Rome is a pretty nice place also but I don't know the dzo nearly as well so I really can't say anything about them. ASC, on the other hand, even with the talent they have working there (Charlie Mullens, Mike Searcy, Gene K. , etc., is still not the place I would chose to jump, and I DID jump there a number of times. The people for the most part were pretty nice but it truly was a tandem factory. And Dutchboy is absolutely right... Cary should never have posted as a student when he is really a part owner. I will give him this tho -- he is a good flyer
Triple F

WOW, didnt know so many from around the southeast here-LOL
wonder if I know any of you? I know a few of the names you mentioned from ASC, all great folks, I believe a few of my AFF jumpmasters or folks that used to jump in Monroe when I started skydiving in 96 are jumping there these days. Definately some good folks there, as is the case anywhere i presume. Do you mean Gene K as in "Big" Army former Golden KNight? I heard that he moved to wisconsin or something???
Anyhow thats all I have to go on. I know a few folks there and I know what I have seen on the net and the rest is stories and comments from others. I had no opinion of them before all this mess started sprouting up-LOL. I figured when B VAnce started raising hell that maybe I should listed a little, and the Saga continues-LOL- rec. skydiving is funnier than ever. With all the hoopla going on I've seen quite a few familiar names pop up, people who I know and value their opinions.
On a lighter note, I'll be finishing up the new skydive monroe website here in the next week or so hopefully. I hope everyone takes the time to stop by and give me some comments on it. The one that is up now has been up quite a while, and my goal is to make the new site both fun and informative. Lots of folks from the DZ are chipping in with what they can, making my job that much easier and ensuring that the new site kicks butt. Weather sucks here-LOL
blues everyone!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]

Cyberskydive,
Yeah, I mean "big Gene", the Golden Knight. And he was my first JM when I started (at Monroe, btw). He also taught me flat packing and Yeah, I know it's the old way but that's the way I learned.(I know also it takes up more floor space). I didn't know that he has moved tho. I haven't been to ASC in quite a while.
Triple F

Thats cool triple F. Gene was one of my JM's on my level 2, along with russ D, sucks he moved, but life goes on. He taught me alot about paking as well. And many other things.
(phone calls)
There is nothing wrong with flat packing. Your name sounds familiar but you need a pic-LOL.
Yeah I saw that dutch. They must pass them out at staff meetings-LOL
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]

it is CSPA. Some of us are from the rest of the world...

Naw, you've got to be kidding, everything outside of the US is so primative they don't even have planes much less jump out of them a couple miles in the air like us *civilized* countries. So, since you obviously can't be anywhere else besides the US and since you have an odd A#, you must be in Arkansas, since everything is odd there anyways...;)
(since really dry humor doesn't translate well via the 'net sometimes, that really was a joke, although a bad attempt at one. :)
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

yes, I suspect these are mimeographed reviews, in case anybody wanted to speak NOT in their own words. :P Man, dishonesty and con-man games sure don't give us good advertising in any sense of the word. Nor is this the way we as jumpers want to be seen as- >:( Somehow, I doubt this DZO'll ever learn.

Well believe it or not, there are some folks "south of the border" who really have that attitude! BTW, out of 215 cities worldwide, Vancouver BC, along with Zurich, Switzerland, got the nod as the best/most livable city on the planet! (can't remember the name of the organization that did the research) And EVERYONE knows that Victoria is MUCH better than Vancouver ... so I can proudly say that I live in the best darn spot in this little ol' world! :)

iflyme,
It was interesting to find out that Vancover and Zurich were the best/most livable cities on the planet. I had no idea, and Victoria is even better?? Wow!! That's cool (as long as ASC didn't do the research..tee-hee). Sorry, guy, the target was SOOOO tempting.
Triple F

Wow, you don't look at a thread in a while and you get all sorts of talking about you *behind* your back.:)Yes, whoever guessed I was from New Zealand was right. I finished my training in July and have jumped every weekend since. I have about 73 jumps and am committed to this sport FOREVER!!!(probably for the same reason everyone else is)
Who ever anonymously quoted my previous post, I thank you. Where do you jump? I would love to add you to my log book, friend.
I have moved to GA to get a job, so if anyone out there knows of any openings in the business field (consulting, economics, ANYTHING) please contact me. The sooner I get $$ the sooner I can be back in the skies.
To AGGIE DAVE, you should have gotten my private message by now, but if you haven't...YES we do jump out of planes in other "less primitive" countries. In fact, Matamata DZ in the N. Island of NZ is the next POPS location. AND...GO HORNS!!!! AGGIES SUCK!!!! :P (actually I don't care, but with ALL of my family ex-Horns,your forced to carry traditions you don't give a sh** about) When I come to TX to visit the rellies next time, I will venture up to SDD, or whereever you are and do a jump together:)Aside from that, I have plans to do lots of travelling to other DZs while I am here in the US (for only about 4-5 years) so I would like to meet some of you.
I have already been welcomed privately by a couple of you guys and I just want to sincerely thank all of you for making me feel welcome. This is such a HUGE difference from the community I am used to in NZ that it is nice to see that other places in GA and the rest of the US are as nice to new comers as we are in NZ.
So, if you're ever in the south pacific, stop by NZ and do a jump. Some of the scenery will make your mouth water ever afterward for more.
Cheers,
:);):D
P.S. my USPA rating is in the mail, so hopefully it won't be long, but I will still use my NZ one on the forums:)Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

. so I can proudly say that I live in the best darn spot in this little ol' world!

Frank, I didn't know you lived in B.C....you want some visitors for a weekend? We can go snowboarding:)
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

Hey, where are you going? We should all meet up!
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher