Cajones

Saving lives with your computer.

hrmmm... wish they have the source posted... i've got a couple of sun E220Rs that aren't doing anything, and a coupld of Linux/Alphaservers sitting idle too....

ahh well, my wintel and linux/intel boxen are running :)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Craig: What was your computer doing?

Jerm: I haven't had a chance to look into any other RISC based codes. I did find a user forum at: http://forum.folding-community.org/. I am also aware they have a Beta team. They may be writing/Optimizing code for your other platforms. Might be worth looking into if you are the computer guy you'd appear to be.

Edit: We're up to eight strong, with Phree on the board!

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

We're growing! A new name "piriya" showed up today... Not sure who it is, so let us know who you are!

Hey Cajones! That would be me! After I registered, it occured to me that I should've used my DZ.com moniker, but obviously it was too late. D'oh! :$

So, for the record piriya = craichead B|

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

You can change your name on it ;):)

D'oh! (again) :$

Guess I was too preoccupied with getting it installed and running to find the configuration settings. :)
Thanks!

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Ack! I installed this at work and it caused problems. Also, when I used the uninstall option, it didn't uninstall anything except the shortcut in the Program menu.

The biggest problem of all is that my company is still using Windows 98.

This screensaver brought on the blue screen and my machine crashed every time I tried to open Explorer, until I manually deleted the files.

I'm going to install this at home tonight so it can work all day while I'm here rebooting...

Andie

Yay, completed my 1st WU at last and got my name on the score board. Cajones - do you have lots of boxes working on this? You sure are racking up workload quickly. My poor 266 is still only 53% done and its on 24/7; and 3 days to go then :P

Rich M

hey baby, that's ony big bad machine ya got there, you say it can do 4 at a time... Wow...!

my little ol' school laptop is at 153/200 on my first unit, still.

can i take credit cuase your laptop is really my laptop? well, whatever's mine is yours.
http://www.exitshot.com

What do you Folding@Home geeks think about the current stability of the Folding client? I ran it a couple years ago and it wasn't that great. Is it rock-solid now and worthy of a second look? If it is glitchy, I don't want to run it, but if it is good enough, I may join the DZ.com team and get back in.

I don't run the screen saver at all ... I just have it minimized in my taskbar at all times and it runs just fine! I don't even need to open it to look at the stats, I just put my cursor over the icon and the pop up tells me stats. It's fine when it's open as well, but not that good at all in full screen. Haven't had any problems at all so far running on XP.
These are JMHOs ...

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!