n2skdvn

Well since people are trying their shot at photography.

thanks every once in a while when the skies are clear I take my tripod and camera and go get some shots. waiting on the right time to get some full moon rise shots but the timing or weather has sucked. wating for spring to get some good macro flower shots. here's one I took the same day
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

I generally see sunsets.

Me too. And sometimes, when I look to the east while the sun is setting, I see cool stuff like this.

Photo taken with a Rebel XTi at 800 ISO, 5.6 aperture, 1/500 shutter speed. Manual settings are fun. :D

Nice shot....always check 6!!!

Did you pick up that book from Peterson?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nice shot....always check 6!!!

Did you pick up that book from Peterson?

Thanks! Haven't picked up a book yet, but I've been playing with the manual settings a lot.

Manual settings rock! Admittedly, the semi-auto modes have their strong points, but I'm a big fan of manual. My two pics in the December Parachutist were manual shots - no worries about "how is the camera going to meter/expose this"?

Here's an overview of Peterson's book - he touches on a couple of the principles.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've been playing with my photography equipment ever since I quit the photography class and realized that I used to really enjoy it.Here is some of my work in progress.The first is a B&W of my dad.He was nice enough to let me use him and a guinea pig.The other one is a closeup of one of our horses.I wanted to see just how close I could get and if you look closely you can see my reflection in her eye.(if the pic isnt too small).

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

thanks every once in a while when the skies are clear I take my tripod and camera and go get some shots. waiting on the right time to get some full moon rise shots but the timing or weather has sucked. wating for spring to get some good macro flower shots. here's one I took the same day

That is gorgeous!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Nice pictures, I use a Sony dsc-h7 its a pretty much automatic camera but you can do manual focusing,iso,ect with it I pretty much use it in manual mode. cool thing is it has a remote with it so i can set up a pictuer step away and take a pic so i dont bump the camera.only thing I dont lie about the camera is you ant take pics in the raw format. looking at getting either a dslr nikon or cannon as soon as I can
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site