glyrenden

What would be a good first container???

ok So I'm looking at infinity, talon3, and wings. I'm thinking that I'm going to put a 190 in it.

I want to know if you have any thought about these containers? also can wings even be made to hold a 190??? the wings in the only on that I haven't jumped yet but I have heard a lot of good things about. so what do you think??

Thanks
Jason

Any of the containers you mention will be a good first container, as would pretty much any container on the market.

Some things I think are important to consider when choosing your new container (note - order is not based on importance) -

1. Safety – Which container is safest? In my opinion every new container on the US market will be safe regardless of what type of flying you intend to do.

2. Price – What can you afford? When comparing prices between two or more containers be sure you are comparing the total cost including all of the options that you want. Containers are priced like new cars; there’s the base price, then there are the options. Options can as much as double the your total price of a container depending on which and how many options you choose to put on it.

3. Delivery time – How long are you willing to wait? Delivery times for custom containers vary depending on the manufacturer and what time of year it is. Delivery times vary between 4 and 26 weeks for the most popular containers.

4. Looks – Which container(s) do you prefer the look of?

5. Customer service from the manufacturer – Some manufacturers do a better job of taking care of customers before and after delivery of your new container.

In my opinion, if you buy any new harness/container system and it is sized to fit your body measurements and the canopies you put into it, it will be comfortable and work just fine for whatever kind of skydiving you intend to do.

I'm not familiar with the Talon3. The Infinity is unsurpassed with respect to workmanship and attention to detail. The Wings is unsurpassed with respect to value. It is also very well built.

I would highly recommend the Wings or the Infinity as a first rig.

For Great Deals on Gear

Like everyone else said, if you are buying new great, you can get everything you want...just make sure you get measured properly. If you are buying used, be sure to try it on and jump it first. And have a FEW expereinced people check you out to make sure its a good fit. The first rig I bought was used, and it was a great deal, but the harness was way too small for me. I didn't notice it at first cause anything was more comfortable than the student gear I was jumping, but my back felt it later. When I got measured for my new rig, I found that the old one was made for someone about 4-6 inches shorter than me...ouch.

I have a Wings and love everything about it and the manufacturer.

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

I have heard a few dealer and rigger complaints about Wings also. I lean towards the Talon FS or Mirages personally since their harnesses were the most comfortable (to me). Javs/Odys are good rigs too, but they take way too long to deliver IMHO.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Any of the containers you mention will be a good first container, as would pretty much any container on the market.

Some things I think are important to consider when choosing your new container (note - order is not based on importance) -

1. Safety – Which container is safest? In my opinion every new container on the US market will be safe regardless of what type of flying you intend to do.

2. Price – What can you afford? When comparing prices between two or more containers be sure you are comparing the total cost including all of the options that you want. Containers are priced like new cars; there’s the base price, then there are the options. Options can as much as double the your total price of a container depending on which and how many options you choose to put on it.

3. Delivery time – How long are you willing to wait? Delivery times for custom containers vary depending on the manufacturer and what time of year it is. Delivery times vary between 4 and 26 weeks for the most popular containers.

5. Customer service from the manufacturer – Some manufacturers do a better job of taking care of customers before and after delivery of your new container.

In my opinion, if you buy any new harness/container system and it is sized to fit your body measurements and the canopies you put into it, it will be comfortable and work just fine for whatever kind of skydiving you intend to do.

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Good post. I just wanted to add:

Don't get hung up on manufacturer's suggested retail prices. For example, Container A might have a higher MSRP than container B. However, the manufacturer of container A may well offer a much larger dealer discount than does manufacturer B. The net result is that the two containers actually have similar street prices, despite having significantly different MSRP.

For Great Deals on Gear