bigway

Dry Socket

I also got the threat from the dentist about not smoking, as well as avoiding drinking straws, after I got my wisdom teeth out.

I didn't get dry sockets, but geez, I was down for the count for a solid 3 days after getting those suckers pulled. God, it was, up to this point, the most miserable thing I had to go through. Before I got it done I heard that everyone's experience is different. I happened to be in the percentage of people who got screwed..

Really? I remember being threatened when I had my wisdom teeth taken that I could get dry socket if I smoked. I did, but I didn't-so what does it feel like? Should I have been more scared of it?

I smoked on my last wisdom tooth and did not get it.

I smoked 2 weeks later on this one and have got it.

200mg total of codeine and the pain was still killing me.

This is the most pain i have ever felt in my life.

i have managed to get rid of the pain mostly after 350mg total of codeine. I can feel it wearing off though. The pain was so bad for the last 24 hours... so bad!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If you have dry socket you need to go back to the dentist and have them pack it. Takes the pain right away and helps the healing process.

I had dry socket on two of my four....yep, sucks!
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

200mg total of codeine and the pain was still killing me.

This is the most pain i have ever felt in my life.

so bad!

There is a nerve that runs down your jaw, its a biggie and its very close to effected area. I've had much more brutal injuries farther from nerves that didn't hurt as much as the wisdom pain. Narcotics were my friends but they didn't all work as well, so I had to experiment to find the right one. I feel for you.

I had 3 different dry sockets on 3 different sockets. I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once. The only way to make the pain stop is to go back to the oral surgeon and get them to pack it. The pain nearly instantly stops. No amounts of the prescribed narcotics stopped the pain.

Back in high school I marched a half time show on what I found out later to be a broken foot. That hurt, but the pain wasn't even close to the pain of a dry socket! It makes your skull hurt.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at the same time when i was 18yrs old. I developed one dry socket. Prolly due to drinking a shake with a straw (not from giving a bj ;)). Anyhoo, it was sooo freakin painful. You definitely have my sympathy.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I had 3 different dry sockets on 3 different sockets. I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once. The only way to make the pain stop is to go back to the oral surgeon and get them to pack it. The pain nearly instantly stops. No amounts of the prescribed narcotics stopped the pain.

Back in high school I marched a half time show on what I found out later to be a broken foot. That hurt, but the pain wasn't even close to the pain of a dry socket! It makes your skull hurt.

Your absolutely right... I had 2, and the pain was ridiculous. After a few days of no eating and lots of meds, i got the pack shoved down in there.

I ate a cheeseburger 45 minutes later:)
BASE 1384

Dude, I totally feel for you. I had dry sockets when I got my wisdom teeth removed. The reason? I had non-stop hiccups for 37+ hours. Come to find out, I was allergic to Vicodin. :S Anyways, the doc came in on a Sunday to pack them, which hurt like a motherfucker and changed my medication to prescription morphine. After that I don't remember any pain at all. :$

One day at a time... Isn't it something like 'time heals all wounds?' B|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

On opening the thread, I was going to suggest lube but I see you're talking about an entirely different socket.

Sympathies, dude.

I'd suggest Demerol from your hospital friend...kills the pain and you won't care if ALL your teeth fall out.

Hey...wait a minute. They have dentists over there?
**well WTH, somebody had to say it!**
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I also had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once and developed a dry socket. Holy shit! Good thing I was able to contact my oral surgeon on a weekend and he met me at his office. After 5 minutes of packing it, the pain was gone almost immediately.

Hope you feel better quickly, bigway.

A couple of years ago i got pain in my tooth so bad after opening my canopy i started to pass out!!!! Didnt really know what was going on and tears streaming down my face i just aimed for one of the cornfields and the remember waking up in the most intense pain of my life. I couldnt move for ages and when i finally got back to the dz
Chomped back a ridicules amount of painkillers and slept for 4 hours.

Still not sure what caused the pain???? Pressure buildup in a tooth or middle ear sounds pretty possible....

But ill tell you that it took me two days to jump again and i was themost frightened id been in a long time.[:/]

But for you Gaza i recomend a kick in the nuts:ph34r: or smash your hand with a bit of wood....TRUST me ;) Its all to do with the pain signal redirection thingy!

.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!