MichaelMoore

Finding a girlfriend at the dropzone

Never found love or romance at the DZ in over 29 years. I dated a girl years ago who started jumping after we were together and became a C license holder. I was her JM throughout most of her S/L progression, and even did some L-4 type jumps to help her stop spinning.

All the other girlfriends were content to just do tandems with me. :(

I did take one chick out to a boogie after she had done a tandem with me, but it was the day after the Ohio tandem incident, and she chickened out at altitude. >:(

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Never found love or romance at the DZ in over 29 years. I dated a girl years ago who started jumping after we were together and became a C license holder. I was her JM throughout most of her S/L progression, and even did some L-4 type jumps to help her stop spinning.

Yeah, but she tried to kill you, didn't she? And you stayed with her? Of course she was pretty hot--I'd have stayed with her too!

Walt

I don't know about finding romance at the dz. I guess it can work for some people, but I've found that 99.99999% of the guys, at the dz are looking to get laid but will try to romance you and sweet talk you but leave you fleeing the dz in tears. This doesn't just go for skydiving males, but it just seems pretty prevalent, so I busied up my schedule and took myself out of the dating circle.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

I don't know about finding romance at the dz. I guess it can work for some people, but I've found that 99.99999% of the guys, at the dz are looking to get laid but will try to romance you and sweet talk you but leave you fleeing the dz in tears. This doesn't just go for skydiving males, but it just seems pretty prevalent, so I busied up my schedule and took myself out of the dating circle.

Sounds to me like your picker is broke

Sounds to me like your picker is broke

Good observation, but I also give Gail credit for recognizing a pattern and stepping away for some perspective and some quality time doing cool stuff. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Good observation, but I also give Gail credit for recognizing a pattern and stepping away for some perspective and some quality time doing cool stuff. Smile

Thanks girl!! I figure that I'm young in life and no need to rush having a boyfriend. I'll just fight fires instead :-).

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

If you were successful, what was it that set you apart from the other skygods at your dz?

(Since he thinks posting here is silly--I'll speak for my hunny: :P)

His voice, the fact that everyone LOVES HIM, and that it didn't me take long to know exactly why!

Billy is amazing--but you'll never hear him say that about himself.

Kelly-bell once called me "starstruck". And she was right. And I still am. :)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Is that a PA???

In certain circumstances, if she had called her a "dirty whore", I think that'd be a compliment.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's funny 'cause it's true. :D

Well, all except the part about AFF. I did S/L. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Good observation, but I also give Gail credit for recognizing a pattern and stepping away for some perspective and some quality time doing cool stuff. Smile

Thanks girl!! I figure that I'm young in life and no need to rush having a boyfriend. I'll just fight fires instead :-).

Attagirl!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Im scared to date anyone from the dz cause of all these horror stories. So whenever a guy starts to show interest in me I just automatically shut it out. Last thing I want to be is the football. :|

Believe it or not...we're not *ALL* fucktards!! Just do the same thing you would in WhuffoWorld®, and get to know them first.

*Unless* you're looking for a short-term thing...in that case, have fun!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Im scared to date anyone from the dz cause of all these horror stories. So whenever a guy starts to show interest in me I just automatically shut it out. Last thing I want to be is the football. :|

Nah, just tread carefully. At 51 jumps, you're wise to be wary, but there's also no need to shut down entirely. I think the best thing that single women new to the dropzone who are interested in a social life* on the dropzone can do is just get involved at the dropzone. Have fun, get to know people on a casual, platonic level, and build up some trusted friendships. It's a great way to get to know who's who and what's what. You'll figure out pretty quickly which ones will treat you like a football and by just hanging out and having fun you'll have a better chance of uncovering the ones who won't. Because there really are a lot of good guys out there in this sport.

*And when I say social life here, I mean that in a very broad sense of the word, in that you would like to make friends, male and female, and hang out after the beer light is on and be social and have some familiar faces to road trip with to boogies and organize goofy jumps with and all the sort of silly shenanigans skydivers are known for. "Social life" may or may not ever include dating/sex/relationships.

I'm sorry you've lost so much faith in nice guys that may be looking for something more than getting laid.[:/]
I guess I'm one of the 0.00001%

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Hi Michael,

I'm going to take this as a serious inquiry. :o

I met my one & only wife at a skydiver New Year's Eve party. Took us 24 years & two kids to finally find out that we really weren't meant for each other. [:/]

But sometime it works out. :)
Now to NWFlyer:

OK, when you get down to Orlando for that BOD meeting and you are standing at the lectern to address the BOD, why not start with that story (just to break the ice a little) before you get to the real funny stuff, like impeachment and all? ;)

JerryBaumchen

All I know is i would never date a swooper.

I have no interest in dz girls, , lust here and there, but no real interest. and the ones that lust was there, I would never go near them with a 10 foot pole.. all the instructors and freeflyers already had their turn :D

now, the bellyflyers. that's where the quality girls are. but they too old for me! haha

oh well, i'm getting married in March to a whuffo, so I won't need to ever date a dz girl. good!

CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720