superman0710

need some feedback on my Tonysuit design (

what'dya all think? these are the concepts i've pretty much settled with.

concept 1: (suit 1, a1, a2)
Pretty much all snow camo, white forearms, back, and grippers. B|

concept 2: (suit 1 front, b2, b3) Snow camo front, white back, white back, white grippers in front, camo back half of grippers.) I really like this design and am leaning towards it.

concept 3: (suit c 1,2,3): navy front, white forearms, red pants. going for a USA theme here.

so what'dya all think?

Be aware that red can bleed quite badly on screen if it's dubbed to VHS and shown on a TV. Not a problem if it's being put to DVD.

edit: this definitely occurs with PAL, and I believe it's also a problem with NTSC.

so you're telling me to keep in mind how this suit will look on video?

Yes.

It's a rel suit, and rel suits tend to get videoed and judged, and if the colour's bleeding it can be hard to judge if the grip is on or not. Which is why red grippers can be a bad idea. Just something to keep in mind if you start tweaking the design.

For the record, I like option 3 best.

Superman... yep... what bob.dino is saying is true, bright colors, like red, tend to bleed on video and this can become a factor in judging... I don't know of any instances where a team has been busted because of their jumpsuit color choices casued "bad video", thus, something un-judge-able, but I suppose it could happen.

As for the camo version of suits you designed... I suppose they're kinda cool... but be advised, depending on where you jump with them... they may be viewed as "Bounce and Blend"... :P

Do you plan to compete?

If so, best to keep the back of the suit and the back half of the grippers black. Not a hard rule, but better for vid and judging. you can do whatever you want for the front.

I like the simple color patterns you chose anyway - people tend to overdo it - their choice though.

The camo is nice - in case you ever go in, your friends know not to bother looking for you until it's nice and bright out the next day.:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

i do plan to compete. i jump down @ skydive miami, so i don't think the camo will be an issue ;)..feedback?

the snow camo won't be an issue then in the case of an outlanding :|

Say hi to everyone there. Was where I did my 1st jumps in may 2002

Oh and for the colour, why camo ?? Wouldn't grey black and white be "nicer" ?' Just my opinion...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Oh and for the colour, why camo ?? Wouldn't grey black and white be "nicer" ?' Just my opinion...

Like this?

Edited to add - Next suit I would switch the leg grips to black and add inside grips. The white leg grips look nice but could present judging issues and show dirt really easily.

Easy Does It

i think it's got a little attitude. it's nice and loud..it fits my style, i guess. :S

OKAY :P but will your teammates have the same colours ?

i have no teamates now. regardless, i'd probably end up buying another suit. because, unless i'm clairvouyant, i proably wouldn't choose colors that my teamates would want.

The camo is nice - in case you ever go in, your friends know not to bother looking for you until it's nice and bright out the next day.:P

I know I'm f... if I go in! :)

plus, my Pilot has the 5 center cells colored black, and the rest green.

That's why I carry as whistle in one of the pockets of my flight suit :D:D
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no