RandomLemming

Adidas goggles suitable for skydiving ?

Thanks to a lot of people who replied about my glasses frame post, I've been looking at all of my options. I was just wondering if adidas goggles are suitable for skydiving.

I've found a set at http://www.adidas.com/eyewear/catalogue/index.asp?pFilter=category&pValue=sc_6&strCountry_adidascom=com&strBrand_adidascom=performance
specifically the yodai model that takes a regular glasses insert.

My only worry is that this goggle is a little big and might get really tugged at while doing things like backloops.

Can anyone please advise me if this would be a suitable goggle for jumping ? If not, I guess it's just wait for SportRx to be able to deliver :D

I've used these clear flex goggles over the last year also. Those snowboard goggles look like they could catch something (air, a hand, or other snag) and take your glasses with them.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

What are those, and do they come in a prescription option ? If they are, they would be ideal :)

My father uses these and he just put lenses from a pair of prescription glasses in which the frame broke in there.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

I hate over-the-glasses goggles. Used kroops for my first 50 jumps or so, then got a full face that I've used ever since, except for 2 tandems. Now I'm about to get into camera flying and was pretty much forced into an open face helmet (Bonehead Helmets, are you listening? WTF? There's a giant market for full face camera helmets and nobody is making them anymore. Get on that already!)

I tried a pair of those flex-z goggles once for one tandem, and really liked them a lot more than the kroops. Much more comfortable and much lower profile. I just didn't know what brand they were at the time. So recently I went and bought a pair of flex-z's and another pair of flexvisions (both from square1). I figured 2 pairs are a good idea since I'm bound to forget goggles every once in a while after not using them in 600 jumps... The flexvision goggles are a flat piece of soft plastic... folds easily so I stuck them in a jumpsuit pocket as backups. Not very comfortable and much much bigger than the flex-z's (they pretty much cover my entire forehead). But both types seem much better than my old "kroops for the blind."

Never tried prescription goggles... looked into sport RX but they only take such low prescriptions that ya might as well go without glasses anyway and save yourself all that money.

Dave

I've just been looking at the Elevation:
http://www.sportspectacles.co.uk/AdidasElevationClimaCool.asp

I'm not sure I can tell the difference between it and the Evil Eye, but I have found an optician that I will be visiting tomorrow to check these out.

Hopefully this will do the trick - now to just find some half way decent sunglasses and I'm done.

The only problem is that now that I've solved my glasses problem, what do I do for the next 21 days until ground school starts? :D

Thanks all!

I've just been looking at the Elevation.....I'm not sure I can tell the difference between it and the Evil Eye

I tried both on and the Evil Eye don't have the foam/rubber liner around the bottom of the glasses, only across the top.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

You don't have a link or a model for the Nike at all do you ?

I had a look at a couple of items today. The Adidas elevation looks like it _might_ work, but the insert is quite small. Also, my prescription is pretty bad, so it's going to be a bit of a wait and see job. I wouldn't mind looking at other options in the meantime :)

These seem to be working for our prescription customers so far:

http://www.iseattlecommerce.com/merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GG&Category_Code=Wiley+X

Wiley X SG1.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What type of material/metal/plastic are Wiley X frames made of?
Specifically, will they tolerate students "lovingly" slamming my head into the door frame?

The only problem is that now that I've solved my glasses problem, what do I do for the next 21 days until ground school starts?

Not to be a downer, but I believe you have to use clear goggles until you're off student status, or at least for a while. But that could've been just a dz policy, not a USPA one.[:/] Something to look into, you may end up having to wear the giant plastic goggles over your regular glasses for a while.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

The Wiley X are made of a plastic composite. They are very rugged. My nephew is special ops and wore them in Iraq. He said they were good. They have a good warranty also.

From their web site: "Designed for jump missions, close-quarter combat, urban warfare or just looking good in your downtime."

Our local ParaRescue Team also uses them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

These seem to be working for our perscription customers so far:

http://www.iseattlecommerce.com/merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GG&Category_Code=Wiley+X

Wiley X SG1.

In my opinion, snowboard goggles are not low profile enough for skdiving.

Sorry to bug you again, but I don't see anything on that page about these being able to take a prescription. Have I missed something somewhere ?