VanillaSkyGirl

Travel ideas?

Hello everyone~
I have been working (school, work, certification requirements) my bum off. I like to get away, travel and find new adventures, either in June for a short while (unless I take a short break) or in August. I will be able to travel more, after August. I have some short trips (within the U.S.) in mind, one of which I will probably take within the next several months. However, I prefer to travel to international or exotic locations. I would easily travel to other side of the planet, if the place is worth it.

Soooo, does anyone have any ideas of where I should go? If so, please post ideas, send links or send contact names. I don't have any plans, yet. I also am not opposed to meeting up with someone along the way. Fyi, I will not be jumping, while I'm there. I'd like to try NEW adventures. Thanks, everyone! :)

How about a trip to Southeast Asia? I've only been to Thailand, but I've heard amazing things about Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Singapore as well. You could easily spend lots of time in any or all of those countries. Lots of adventures, and you can also take time to just be a beach bum.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That's a great possibility. I've only very briefly been to Singapore, but I love the idea of exploring much, much more of Southeast Asia over a longer period of time. I know that I will eventually make it there, when I have the time to spare. For now, I would like travel ideas that are unconventional, yet able to be done in a shorter period of time. Thanks for the response, Krissane. :)

So how much time are you looking to spend? That wasn't quite clear in your initial post. 1 or 2 weeks?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I've been to Australia and New Zealand when I represented the United States as a student ambassador. It was with the People to People program which was started by President Eisenhower. I visited so many places and met so many amazing people. The people were so friendly and not to mention, the scenary in AU and NZ is just breath taking. One of the many things I did was go abseiling off the southern Alps of New Zealand, much fun =) The people I did that with also offer lots of other adventures and like motivational speaking, I don't know how to explain it but they really pump you up about life and living your life to the fullest and achieving your dreams before you go do w/e(in my case, abseiling). They also have team building things as well.

*Link...
http://www.rockice.co.nz/

I also visited one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Beach Resort. They have so many things to do and it's one of only a handful of places in the world where you can feed wild dolphins. They have sand toboganing, snorkling, atvs, the most crystal clear beach/water I've ever set foot in and the condos/rooms are amazing. And lots more..

*Link...
http://www.tangalooma.com/

Hope those help, I'd love to go back if I could afford it but now I'm saving for my first rig and training ;)

Note-I'll try to scan some pics from my experiences. I have tons, I just gotta find em lol

"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

I live in Egypt and it is incredible. There are many things you can do there from snorkeling or wind surfing in the Red Sea to camping among Roman ruins in the middle of the desert. There is a place called Whale Bones Valley that many people love to visit - it was the bottom of the ocean way back - very cool - and there are whale bones there (go figure). I have visited many different countries around there (Turkey, Israel, Romania (one of my favorites), Greece, Jordan, Morocco, Mali, and the list goes on). If you want to know any specifics about any of these places, send me a message. I'm planning on going on safari this summer in Kenya to see the migration (your August time frame would fit this). Things are not as dangerous as most think and the lodges are suffering from the lack of tours now. You may be able to get a good deal.

There are so many places within the U.S. to visit. have you explore our/your own country? New England is beautiful. The Keys are awesome.

Bobbi

Very true but she mentioned "I have some short trips (within the U.S.) in mind, one of which I will probably take within the next several months. However, I prefer to travel to international or exotic locations."

;)
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

I've been to Cuba a bunch of times and I personally find it the best place to go an unwind. You can sit in the sun enjoying free food and drinks and have no worries in the world.

I go there, and I just forget about my life anywhere else, and just live there for the week.

But i guess it really depends on what you prefer to do on vacation.
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

Not so exotic but definitely beautiful is Nova Scotia, Canada. I've always wanted to go to Peru to see the Inca ruins........machu picchu.........

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Hello everyone~
I have been working (school, work, certification requirements) my bum off. I like to get away, travel and find new adventures, either in June for a short while (unless I take a short break) or in August. I will be able to travel more, after August. I have some short trips (within the U.S.) in mind, one of which I will probably take within the next several months. However, I prefer to travel to international or exotic locations. I would easily travel to other side of the planet, if the place is worth it.

Soooo, does anyone have any ideas of where I should go? If so, please post ideas, send links or send contact names. I don't have any plans, yet. I also am not opposed to meeting up with someone along the way. Fyi, I will not be jumping, while I'm there. I'd like to try NEW adventures. Thanks, everyone! :)

These Eco-Tours would be fun for you::)
Costa Rica http://www.adventure-life.com/costa_rica/costa_rica.php

Bora Bora http://www.boraboraisland.com/todo/islandfun.html

South East Asia is a great destination, I have been to quite a lot of it. you can go, 1st or grass hut class, and the majority of the people are GREAT:)
But if you do go that far some and Visit Perth OZ is a pretty special place too:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not so exotic but definitely beautiful is Nova Scotia, Canada. I've always wanted to go to Peru to see the Inca ruins........machu picchu.........

I'll send ya a few pics, I'll be there in January B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'll send ya a few pics, I'll be there in January B|

You're going to Machu Picchu? Oh, it's only a dream for me............I'd love to go though............yes, post or send pics.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Malaysia, definitely! Air tickets for Asian destinations are cheeeap. Plus I'm there. :ph34r:

Then I guess you can go visit Squeak. Or go Bali. Japan is good, too. Singapore might be a little too metropolitan if you're looking for adventure.

Go scuba diving with me at the Great Barrier Reef.

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.