MagicGuy

Raw Oysters

Oysters are the shizniz! I guess i'm really spoiled coming from a country with such a large coastline - we see so mny types of sea food. Gotta have black pepper, tobasco and lemon juice on them, mmmmm mmmmm

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Please. All of you. If you're going to eat raw oysters in my presence, please let me know before hand so I can leave.

If you fork them and sauce them it's OK. If you're going to slip those slimy things down your throat right off the shell, I will projectile vomit all over the place.
[:/][:/]

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Please. All of you. If you're going to eat raw oysters in my presence, please let me know before hand so I can leave.

If you fork them and sauce them it's OK. If you're going to slip those slimy things down your throat right off the shell, I will projectile vomit all over the place.

Thank God! For a minute I thought I was the only weird one who wouldn't touch them at gunpoint! :S:D

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

B|:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Been eatin' em for 40 years. Forkem off the shell and putem in your mouth and chew, to extract the incredable flavor they offer.

"Shuck me, suck me, eat me raw" yummyB|

Any month with a "R" is fine, doesn't have to end in "R". You're good to go till the end of April, then start up again in September!!!!

edit to add the following advice"

1. For your first oyster, place him on a saltine with a little cocktail sauce, it will add some consistancy to the little fella.
2. If you are served an oyster that has sand or alot pieces of shell on it, send them back. A little shell is ok, but it indicates the shucker doesn't know what he's doing. Sand can indicate he wasn't shucked properly or he was open just prior to being taken out of the water.
3. If you chew an oyster, you need to skwish him with your tonge first to make sure there isn't a pearl in him. A pearl will chip your tooth if you're not careful.
4. Savor the flavor. Please don't hastily swallow the critter. The little fucker gave his life for you:)
Jon

If you blow chunks in front of me, I'm blowing my chunks in your direction! :D

I've only eaten oysters raw a few times. There was one place in New Orleans where a friend of mine grew up in. It was the only place he'd eat them raw as they had the best quality. Pretty good stuff.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

WOW! I never thought I would get this much response about raw oysters. I had no idea that so many people liked them. Oh, by the way, I'm trying them raw - no cooking around here, folks.

Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions, guys. Hopefully I can try them soon so I don't have to wait until September.

I liked the idea of putting an oyster on a cracker to add some texture. I think that will be the best bet for the first one. That, or the shooter idea! Nothing like some vodka to wash the little guy down... although I'd prefer a beer or two!

I grew up eating them on the Gulf Coast. I can remember getting in trouble for 'drinking' half a quart of raw oysters on the way home from the seafood store when I was about 6 years old.

12 1/2 dozen was the most I ever ate at one sitting. It was during the drought of 1986, and they were AWESOME!

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I'm all about food and weird foods, but I'm not a huge fan of raw oysters....but I've always had them w/o lemon or cocktail sauce....it reminds me of snotty seawater...
haha

but my grandpa and dad eat them like crazy, especially when we're out in Washington over Christmas...I'll have to dress them up this year...

Try 35 dozen! This guy must be the ultimate ladies' man http://www.komotv.com/news/offbeat/17663719.html

I like em w/ lemon and a speck of hotsauce on a cracker. They're fun to just suck down sometimes too. Just had some fried ones on Wedenesday- di NOT like them served that way. Raw is the way to go.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

This guy must be the ultimate ladies' man

That whole myth about raw oysters being an aphrodisiac is a bunch of bullshit. I ate a dozen once.

And 3 of them didn't work.>:(>:(:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Get a Triscut (sp), you know, the cracker.

Not for me.

Shuck it, sprinkle on the "special, hot-green sauce" and a touch of cocktail sauce and slurp it down.

B|

Be sure to try them in the next couple weeks or not until September. It's the "R" months rule-of-thumb to live by.

I wouldn't try them unless you're seaside, either. They're not fresh, unless.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Not for me.

Shuck it, sprinkle on the "special, hot green sauce" and a touch of cocktail sauce and slurp it down.

B|

Be sure to try them in the next couple weeks or not until September. It's the "R" months rule-of-thumb to live by.

I wouldn't try them unless you're seaside, either. They're not fresh.

;) your so right!! I like a little cocktail sauce or hot sauce. its nice living in the pacific northwest fresh seafood!!! :)
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Not for me.

Shuck it, sprinkle on the "special, hot green sauce" and a touch of cocktail sauce and slurp it down.

B|

I wouldn't try them unless you're seaside, either. They're not fresh.

I'm 30 minutes from Malibu. B| I'll keep the "R" months in mind. Thanks!

Which green hot sauce do you use? Louisianna?
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Louisianna is tasty if I remember correctly, but I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the name of it is.

It's a local (i.e. made in the Southeast) mix. SO good! SO hot! But, I really love peppers & spices.

The South loves their hot sauces. :$ We have some really awesome ones. For example, I love Rumboggies. This particular one is not very hot, but I love mustard-based sauces. I love it on a decent veggie-burger, or to dip my raw veggies in for a snack. :)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.