gonzalesna

Sunburns suck!

Use towels soaked in ice water, place onto affected area of skin. This reduces the heat. Keep doing this until you get relief.

When you can stand it, put Nivea on it. And do consult a physician. My Dr. gave me this a few years ago and it really does work.

So, that branding iron idea my rommate gave me really isn't helping?:ph34r::P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Now stuck with the fantasy of licking iced tea and yogurt off off SkyMama.

You're so silly! :ph34r:

Just verbalizing what all the guys, (and several chicks), were already thinking.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I burn super easy, my mom and a couple of my sisters are red heads, so my skin thinks I am a red head too. When I work outside, I use SPF 32 everywhere, and I still burn every day. Unfortunately, I just had a mole removed that was "very very" dysplastic. I don't know how many "verys" there can be before you have cancer, but the long side of it is, I have to have more surgery in a May 23 to remove another 10 mm of tissue all around to make sure that the "very very" cells don't spread.
Slather on that sunscreen folks!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Yes. I am very pale skinned (I don't tan - I can merely get a deeper shade of light purple).

And if you are looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between "shit" and "syphilis." I'm sure others of the easily sunburned ilk can agree.;)

I'm there with ya, bro!!!

*pic from a couple years ago at Skyfest
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's my natural skin color, Mike.

*Damnnnnnnnnnnnn*

So, I should do a quick investment in Coppertone, the next time I see you mention taking a vacation? :P

***** hmmmm note to self, start tanning now before skyfest and still take a ton of aloe... thanks guys******
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

That's my natural skin color, Mike.

*Damnnnnnnnnnnnn*

So, I should do a quick investment in Coppertone, the next time I see you mention taking a vacation? :P

***** hmmmm note to self, start tanning now before skyfest and still take a ton of aloe... thanks guys******

Good idea - I got that sunburn in half an hour at 9am, making breakfast in open shade (this was a Spaceland - don't know if the sun will be better/worse in Cackalacky).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Why the need for a tan? Just use some good sun block.

A tan is temporary, the skin damage is permanent.

Just sayin. :)

:D:D:D All of us fair skinned folks constantly saying stuff like that:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Why the need for a tan? Just use some good sun block.

A tan is temporary, the skin damage is permanent.

Just sayin. :)

:D:D:D All of us fair skinned folks constantly saying stuff like that:D:D

:D True!

But I don't want to look like a lizard in 20 years. And after having 3 skin cancers removed, I kinda like to lecture. ;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

very true, :|

this rare white Roo from the pacific northwest will still be cooked even with a fantabouls sun block if I dont get something started, [:/] and even then.
its just the way it works for me. I'll just always look embarassed, no one can tell right....lol

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

very true, :|

this rare white Roo from the pacific northwest will still be cooked even with a fantabouls sun block if I dont get something started, [:/] and even then.
its just the way it works for me. I'll just always look embarassed, no one can tell right....lol

Stay in the shade as much as you can. ;):)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

You dumb Marines think you're soooo tough! ;)

Seriously, dude, that's gonna hurt for a while. B|

Pain's gone already. Didn't put enough lotion on it though, so I can tell it's gonna peel pretty bad.[:/] It'll probably start here in a couple days.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Pain's gone already. Didn't put enough lotion on it though, so I can tell it's gonna peel pretty bad.[:/] It'll probably start here in a couple days.

A friend told me that you could make a sunburn heal faster by taking a really hot shower that night you got the burn. A cold shower makes it worse. Sure the hot water will hurt like a motherfucker, but the redness will go away sooner. Damned if I'm gonna try it.

So anybody, any truth to this???
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A friend told me that you could make a sunburn heal faster by taking a really hot shower that night you got the burn. A cold shower makes it worse. Sure the hot water will hurt like a motherfucker, but the redness will go away sooner. Damned if I'm gonna try it.

So anybody, any truth to this???

I heard just the opposite. Hot makes it hurt like hell and makes it peel faster because it dries your skin out and cold takes the heat out or something like that. Don't know if there's any truth to it or not.

Been there too! Being red-headed and fair skinned I have had my fair share of nasty sunburns... After many years of tanning beds and the sun I have learned the hard way to put sunscreen on. It is scary as hell to wait for the path reports to come back from the dermatologist office[:/] Only to find out that you have skin cancer, then they gotta take more.... If don't use sunscreen next time, when you get burnt again, take advil or tylenol and slap the aloe gel to it ASAP, and keep putting it on.(keep the gel in the fridge).:o it's cold but feels good!

When I used to get burned like that, I'd get the itchies so very bad when it started to heal.

Between the pain or the itche, I'd take the pain.

Itches started yesterday morning. Last night I started peeling on my head. Today, I was peeling all over my head and upper back including my shoulders. I look like a leper right now.:D