namgrunt

THANK YOU

I want to express my thanks and offer prayers to all the great young men and women serving our country.
Be they in the military or public safety uniform.. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I am proud to have served my country even if it was during a peaceful time.
I am thankful for the men and women who have lost lives and those who continue to serve.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I want to express my thanks and offer prayers to all the great young men and women serving our country.
Be they in the military or public safety uniform.. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

Ditto
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Be they in the military or public safety uniform.. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.

And I would like to thank you, for it is your generation that has ensured that we (current and all generations) receive such gratitude. You're part of the greatest generation in my opinion.

God loves the Infantry. B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Be they in the military or public safety uniform...

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.

And a quick prayer for our countrymen in uniform that are away from home, to return safe to their families.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Thank you, & thank you!
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

And I would like to thank you, for it is your generation that has ensured that we (current and all generations) receive such gratitude. You're part of the greatest generation in my opinion.

God loves the Infantry. B|

My Dad served in 'nam. It wasn't until I joinded that he was able to talk to me about some of the stuff he went through.

He also told me how proud he was. Not just of me for joining but to the civilians for finally supporting the troops even if the war is a merky topic.

Some of them finally understand.
My photos

My Videos

today I remember
Lt. David Sullivan KIA 1968 RVN

Sgt. Tommy Dorris WID x 8 times 1968
died from wounds 30 years later
Tommy was full blooded Cherokee Indian and without a dought the bravest warrier I ever kned.
Wounded while on ambush patrol in the DMZ ,he refused to be evacuated til entire patrol was releaved. He was unconcous for 32 days and woke up in a Navy hospitol listed as unknown marine and was very upset .

He sat on my back porch years later and cried while saying the lucky ones were those that died over there since they did not hurt anymore.

we all need to think about those that gave all so we could bee free

www.dzmemories.com

today I remember
Lt. David Sullivan KIA 1968 RVN

Sgt. Tommy Dorris WID x 8 times 1968
died from wounds 30 years later
Tommy was full blooded Cherokee Indian and without a dought the bravest warrier I ever kned.
Wounded while on ambush patrol in the DMZ ,he refused to be evacuated til entire patrol was releaved. He was unconcous for 32 days and woke up in a Navy hospitol listed as unknown marine and was very upset .

He sat on my back porch years later and cried while saying the lucky ones were those that died over there since they did not hurt anymore.

we all need to think about those that gave all so we could bee free

A heartfelt thanks and prayer for all who have served, and what they edured on and off the battlefield.

A special thanks for their families as well...they serve too.
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Went to my town's parade for the holiday, never been there, usually away in Lake George with family friends.

It's amazing how big the ceremony is for such a small town. The fact is I was not expected. There were no other Coasties there, and only a few active duty servicemembers. The rest were American Legion, prior service gentlemen from all branches, and they just sucked me right up, and I marched with them in the formation and joined them under the canopy for the speeches. It really is incredible how much camaraderie there is between different branches and different generations. It's a good feeling knowing that the public does actually value our service to some degree, though it seems that support is decreasing. I hope that support doesn't drop to Vietnam levels, or we're going to have a problem.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I hope that support doesn't drop to Vietnam levels, or we're going to have a problem.

we viet nam vets will see that NO OTHER generation of military has to suffer the pain of being FORGOTTEN

www.dzmemories.com

I don't doubt it, there's just only so much you can do. I guess if everyone does their part though, including those in the services now, we won't have the same problems. And that's why I always try to be as upstanding and professional as I can be, no matter the circumstances. I'd rather not see another US citizen spit on a fellow servicemember in my lifetime or my childrens' or grandchildrens' lifetimes. Just an observation though, maybe it's more paranoia than anything.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche