schuey87

Would crazy colours put you off buying a 2nd hand rig?

If you saw a brilliant 2nd hand rig, everything you wanted in it, great size but the container had crazy colours, would it put you off buying the rig? Such as 3 or 4 colours mixed into a big tye die all over the rig. I'm mainly thinking along the lines of would it make the rig much harder to sell when donsizing?

I'm mainly thinking along the lines of would it make the rig much harder to sell when donsizing?

You won't neccessarily have to get a different container to downsize your main. You can safely go down one size in just about every container on the market; you can go down two sizes in most of them.

To answer your question, no, colors wouldn't put me off buying a used rig if it had everything I wanted and was priced well. Unless it was solid pink. If it was solid pink it'd have to be a really, really good deal.

In my experience reselling gear, all black rigs are actually LESS desirable than those with some colors.

But colors that clash, fade or are solid pink, tend to sit on the shelf quite a bit longer.

Colors that fade are Neon Yellow, Neon Green, Neon Orange, Neon Pink....well, you get the idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Personally I dont care what my first rig looks like as long as it is safe.

I cared what my first one looked like but now I'm a whore. I'll jump anything.

Thankfully used Infinitys are sufficiently plentiful that I don't have to jump scary stuff. But ugly stuff? Sure, I'd jump a faded neon pink and lemon rig with blue piping and camouflage legstraps.

Hey, it's less likely to get stolen, right? ;)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

He he... I see GravityGirl two posts above. She sold me a great rig. SCREAMING YELLOW! :)
Seriously. It doesn't matter (and I love my rig Bonnie), but if you want to appear a bit style-conscious you do have the option of getting a jumpsuit that matches. Anything goes if you're bold enough... ;)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

At the very least it would change how much money I would be willing to pay for such a rig, depending on the degree of craziness.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Your not the only one. I'm waiting for my Neon Yellow Icon that I ordered from her. Only about 2-3 weeks left till I get it.

Fitz
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

my first rig looked normal, but the canopy.... :S i bought it because the price was right, and it was the canopy i was looking for. soon to be retired, as soon as my new lotus arrives.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

i've heard of SAPPS (skydivers against pink and purple shit). fortuneately for me, the local chapter is not big on enforcement. oh well, it served me well for jumps 40 - 150 or so, and i hope to sell it locally so it will stay on the dz. people always knew it was me coming in to land though, no mistaking it for anything else. as an added plus, if i ever had to cut it away, it would be pretty easy to find. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Back in the '80's a local jumper (who also happened to be a single-parent of two young kids) decided he wanted a new PD170. So he got out the coloring pattern (on paper in those days) and let his kids color it. He told them they could make it anything that they wanted. Well, when the local dealer sent the order in to PD they responded that they wanted 100% of the sale up front; it was so damn ugly.