BGill

Point Break 2 - oh yes, it's true!

That's right, Patrick Swayze has signed on to make a sequel to the beloved skydiving classic Point Break. Keanu Reeves won't be back as Johnny Utah, but let's keep our fingers crossed that Swayze can provide another totally realistic skydiving scene. Oh yeah, who else is as psyched as I am??

Clicky

So the sequel will begin in Indonesia with him getting out of that monstrous wipe-out at the end of the first film, lurking in the water quietly until Johnny Utah leaves the beach and goes his merry way back to USA? Will he then take Johnny's FBI badge that he threw in the water and go robbing banks all across the Pacific rim with a dual identity as Bodhi and Johnny Utah, the FBI agent?

If that's the case, why not make a sequel to Scarface, where he plays dead in that pool in his lobby where the movie ended, waits for all of the Colombian gunmen to leave and then gets out of the pool and takes off his bulletproof vest, finishes the mountain of coke on his desk and goes on to take over "The world chico, and everything in it"?

That's what we need, more sequels. There just aren't enough of them. :|

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

That's right, Patrick Swayze has signed on to make a sequel to the beloved skydiving classic Point Break. Keanu Reeves won't be back as Johnny Utah, but let's keep our fingers crossed that Swayze can provide another totally realistic skydiving scene. Oh yeah, who else is as psyched as I am??

Clicky

Since he was getting 4 minute freefalls back in '91, I expect to see him getting 12 minute wingsuit flights now.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Since he was getting 4 minute freefalls back in '91, I expect to see him getting 12 minute wingsuit flights now.[Tongue]

...nah, Bodhi (Swayze) was a pro. The 12 minute w/s flights will come from some newbie on AFF. Bodhi should be getting at least 20 minutes.

"1000 ft, you pull!"
"Nah broseph, I don't need to pull. I'm just gonna hum it in with my wingsuit."

Since he was getting 4 minute freefalls back in '91, I expect to see him getting 12 minute wingsuit flights now.[Tongue]

...nah, Bodhi (Swayze) was a pro. The 12 minute w/s flights will come from some newbie on AFF. Bodhi should be getting at least 20 minutes.

"1000 ft, you pull!"
"Nah broseph, I don't need to pull. I'm just gonna hum it in with my wingsuit."

OK, here is my half-baked theory: Jeb Corliss has been saying for a couple years that he has worked out how to land a wingsuit, but couldn't raise the funds to cover the logistics. Recently, in a posting in the BASE forum he stated that the obstacles were coming down, and he would soon be doing it. So my theory (with tongue in cheek), is that Jeb (as Bodhi's stunt double) will be landing a wingsuit with the film production picking up all the costs.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

OK, here is my half-baked theory: Jeb Corliss has been saying for a couple years that he has worked out how to land a wingsuit, but couldn't raise the funds to cover the logistics. Recently, in a posting in the BASE forum he stated that the obstacles were coming down, and he would soon be doing it. So my theory (with tongue in cheek), is that Jeb (as Bodhi's stunt double) will be landing a wingsuit with the film production picking up all the costs.[Tongue]

...and Eli will be filming an episode of Stunt Junkies from the set. And you can bet your ass they'll have a shot where Bodhi cracks open a can of Go Fast in freefall and says "I love this Go Fast shiiiiiit!!!!!"

...and Eli will be filming an episode of Stunt Junkies from the set. And you can bet your ass they'll have a shot where Bodhi cracks open a can of Go Fast in freefall and says "I love this Go Fast shiiiiiit!!!!!"

Now the big question will be: Which ex-president mask will Jeb be wearing for the landing? Clinton?B| Dubya?:S And of course the wingsuit will have "Air Force One" emblazoned on the side.

So the sequel will begin in Indonesia with him getting out of that monstrous wipe-out at the end of the first film, lurking in the water quietly until Johnny Utah leaves the beach and goes his merry way back to USA? Will he then take Johnny's FBI badge that he threw in the water and go robbing banks all across the Pacific rim with a dual identity as Bodhi and Johnny Utah, the FBI agent?

If that's the case, why not make a sequel to Scarface, where he plays dead in that pool in his lobby where the movie ended, waits for all of the Colombian gunmen to leave and then gets out of the pool and takes off his bulletproof vest, finishes the mountain of coke on his desk and goes on to take over "The world chico, and everything in it"?

That's what we need, more sequels. There just aren't enough of them. :|

Why not? Jason Voorhees made coming back from the dead "in vogue" and he was the first to do it. All the copycats got nothing on him. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

point break 2 because the first one was sooo good right.

that's what i was thinking. all the classics get sequels, right? the godfather, rocky, james bond, LOTR, and finally point break :P

:D:D:D:D:D!!!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Now I have renewed hope that they will come out with a sequel to Cutaway!

In part 2 they go EVEN FASTER!!!!

1. I hope to hell they make the sequel w/o notifying Stephen Baldwin.

2. They need to make "Swoop" the central character.

THEN, I might pay to see it.,

Now I have renewed hope that they will come out with a sequel to Cutaway!

In part 2 they go EVEN FASTER!!!!

1. I hope to hell they make the sequel w/o notifying Stephen Baldwin.

2. They need to make "Swoop" the central character.

THEN, I might pay to see it.,

I think you have two movies mixed together.

Anyways, a sequal to point break would be fucking amazing. The first one brought a lot of business to our sport, which is something I don't think most DZs would complain about.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

OMG.. the storyline.....arrrggghhhh

The new film is said to fix on ex-professional surfer who enlists in the US Navy and is recruited to track down a criminal gang based in South-East Asia.

If the surfer is named Lance Johnson, and played by Sam Bottoms, they could make it a sequel to two movies!;)

Anyways, a sequal to point break would be fucking amazing. The first one brought a lot of business to our sport, which is something I don't think most DZs would complain about.

He's right.

Actually, in all fairness, I was about 13 years old or so when I saw Point Break and that was the movie that made me want to skydive in the first place.

. So my theory (with tongue in cheek), is that Jeb (as Bodhi's stunt double) will be landing a wingsuit with the film production picking up all the costs.:P

But will they spring for a high end casket or just a plain old pine box?

Actually I saw it in the theatre and it was good at the time to a wuffo. They play it on cable and DirecTV like every 4 days now for the last 5 years. It's amazing how it's had staying power.
I dunno about a sequel though.
The funny thing is, at the time, no one would want to go see it because of Keannu, but might go cause Patrick was in it. Now they won't go cause Patrick is in it, but might go if Keannu was. It's amazing what a few years do to a career.

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com