mcezmac

Triathlon

Maybe the canopy is really out of trim or has very porous fabric, you load it very lightly, you're flying in brakes, whatever. But there's a reason crew canopies are 7 cells :P

What's very lightly? (1.1) I believe I've eliminated the other suggested causes.

Thanks for the info on the sale. I have a Triathlon that I LOVE & I've been looking to downsize....so I went ahead and bought one off the website. WooHoo! Hubby needs to downsize too so he gets my "old" one with less than 200 jumps on it! Sweet price! :D

Old age ain't no place for sissies!

I hate to pop the bubble but there is a reason they are going for so cheap.

The fabric!

5 year old Triathlons with 200 jumps are better canopies

$700 is below dealer price, don't you think the gear sellers would have snatched them up at that price.

Something sounds fishy...

If you can get new Triathlons for that price, go for it. Although without checking the website, they may well be demos, but still... I have had 3 Triathlons and put over 1000 jumps on them. Love them...

THey are all brand new stock Tri's. We double ordered and are trying to get some off the shelf to make way for new stock.

Get em while they are hot. They are going fast.
Dom

The fabric!

:S

Where do people come up with this stuff. It is the same material as we use on all of our canopies!!!!

Don't believe the hype!:S Fact goes a long way compared to fiction.
Dom

THey are all brand new stock Tri's.

I just got mine in yesterday, and it's definitely new stock, DOM 06/2005!

I was worried that it might be a bit small for my container (I have a PD 260 9 cell in there now, and bought a Tri 220), but after opening it up for inspection, now I'm wondering how I'm ever going to get that slippery ass pile of seriously auto inflating nylon in the D-bag! Holy Shit! :S

I swear, it's taken on a life of its own on my closet floor, and seems to get bigger with each passing moment!

What was I thinking? Oh yea, it was a really good deal!:P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

The fabric!

5 year old Triathlons with 200 jumps are better canopies

$700 is below dealer price, don't you think the gear sellers would have snatched them up at that price.

Something sounds fishy...

No need to suspect any funny-business. Like all companies with excess stock, it's within Aerodyne's rights to have a sale.

I'd suggest researching the fabric change from the Triathlons of old to the new & improved version before slandering the company. It's exactly the same stuff the rest of the fleet is made of. Yes, the hand feel of it is a bit different from the pre-2003 Triathlons, but it's still excellent zero-porosity - the same stuff you'd get from PD.

People got really bent out of shape about how "soft" the cordura felt on the Icon when it was first released, equating it with sub-standard, cheap material, when in fact the denier is higher than that of the cordura used at Sunrise, Sunpath, etc. Surprise!

I just received mine (Triathalon 175) and am packing it back in the box to return it. Apparently someone made a mistake and sent a yellow/silver when I ordered navy/red. If they still had the navy/red they'd send it out but there aren't any 175's left... well they'll have 1 in a few days...
Too bad, I was looking forward to my first new canopy...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Why not keep it and jump a silver and yellow canopy? It's still a great deal, and the first time you change canopies the new one won't match anyway. Neither would a used one.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Why not keep it and jump a silver and yellow canopy?

Yeah, really... you're buying a brand new canopy at what is probably better than a used canopy price!

Maybe I'm not that picky though, hell, my old canopy has bunch of pink in it, and I still jumped it! :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Why not keep it and jump a silver and yellow canopy? It's still a great deal, and the first time you change canopies the new one won't match anyway. Neither would a used one.

Wendy W.

Basically, I didn't get what I paid for... no offer to replace it with what I paid for, no attempt to satisfy the customer... just a "keep it or send it back"... I work for a small custom cabinet company and we do everything humanly possible to make sure the customer is satisfied, due to our customer service policy we are booked thru October and we don't even advertise.
If you were in a restaurant and ordered your steak medium and they served you one that was well done and told you "sorry we don't have any others" would you accept it?

Sorry but customer service dropped the ball on this one.. it may be a great deal but an unhappy customer is an unhappy customer....

Why not keep it and jump a silver and yellow canopy?

Yeah, really... you're buying a brand new canopy at what is probably better than a used canopy price!

Maybe I'm not that picky though, hell, my old canopy has bunch of pink in it, and I still jumped it! :P

My points are...
Receipt states the colors I ordered
Packing invoice states the correct colors
Canopy is the wrong colors
Customer service had the 'take it or leave it' attitude... that attitude is what sealed the deal... had they been willing to work out a solution that would be one thing but they didn't and that same reason is why I'll be skeptical about doing future business with Aerodyne...

I bought my Triathlon used so the colors did not mean much to me seeing that I would be downsizing in less than a year anyway. But if I ordered a brand new one with exact colors that I wanted I might be a little upset too if I already paid and didn't have any resolve to my problem.

But on the other hand - I bought my used one for $550, if I would have had the chance to buy new at $700 I probably would have taken any color.
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

My points are...
Customer service had the 'take it or leave it' attitude...

I can see your point... did they offer to let you swap the canopy for another color, or were they just out of 175's, making that color your only option, and hence the take it or leave it (the website did state limited to stock on hand). Just curious... they got mine right. :D

My points are...
Customer service had the 'take it or leave it' attitude...

I can see your point... did they offer to let you swap the canopy for another color, or were they just out of 175's, making that color your only option, and hence the take it or leave it (the website did state limited to stock on hand). Just curious... they got mine right. :D

No other 175's available... I'm guessing that either the someone in shipping is color blind and sent the one I ordered to someone else or they sold it twice and I'm the one who didn't get what they ordered and someone figured I'd accept it. Realistically had customer service been willing to do something (anything) about it I probably would keep it instead I was given the impression they don't really care if the customer is satisfied or not.

Do you think this is the primary place for customer complains? Why don't you give them a call or send email?

Perhaps if you had taken the time to read what I stated, I did give them a call. The canopy I ordered, which I paid for, which the shipping invoice lists was sold and sent to someone else. I was told since there were no others left I had to keep what I didn't want or send it back.
I called them within 5 minutes of opening the box and seeing it was the wrong one. I am not stupid, my first recourse IS customer service. When customer service told me I had no other choice, to take it or leave it I decided to share my experience with others who are also purchasing the same product and letting them know what kind of "support" they really give.

Another call or email would be in line before getting too bent outa shape about it...sometime you just hit the wrong person in the wrong mood...judging a whole company by the actions of one employee is not the best way....now if you get the same service from others higher up...well.....

BTW....did you want a great looking Tri like this one?;):P:P;)

Another BTW...I love my Tri 175...its my 1st canopy and has been very good to me.:)