ypelchat

$5.75 a gallon.

Look at the prices in saudi arabia

Gasoline prices in the United States, which have recently hit record highs, are actually much lower than in many countries. Drivers in some European cities, like Amsterdam and Oslo, are paying nearly 3 times more than those in the U.S.

The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy, according to AirInc, a company that tracks the cost of living in various places around the world. Many European nations tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said a spokesperson for AirInc.

Sydney $6.60
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

In a few Latin America and Middle-East nations, such as Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, oil is produced by a government-owned company and local gasoline prices are kept low as a benefit to the nation's citizens, he said. All prices updated March, 2005.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

In a few Latin America and Middle-East nations, such as Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, oil is produced by a government-owned company and local gasoline prices are kept low as a benefit to the nation's citizens, he said. All prices updated March, 2005.

There is some more up to date numbers here in this Economist article: http://www.economist.com/finance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11453151&CFID=8813681&CFTOKEN=73007015

The subsidies are going to start killing even the oil producers.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Look at the prices in saudi arabia

Gasoline prices in the United States, which have recently hit record highs, are actually much lower than in many countries. Drivers in some European cities, like Amsterdam and Oslo, are paying nearly 3 times more than those in the U.S.

The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy, according to AirInc, a company that tracks the cost of living in various places around the world. Many European nations tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said a spokesperson for AirInc.

Sydney $6.60
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

Not sure what website the prices above came from (although it's quite clear it's a cut-and-paste opertation), but I can guarantee you that Puerto Rico is not selling gas at $1.74 a US gallon.... it's well above US$1.00 a LITER (that's 3.78 g/l )....
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Yes.

Americans are always going on about gas prices when their prices are still cheaper than most countries prices 3 years ago.

On top of that i also wanted to show the price of venezuela and how their prices have not changed

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry, thought i had also added this for comparisson

Highest prices in the world

Norway $8.73
United Kingdom $8.38
Netherlands $8.37
Monaco $8.31
Iceland $8.28
Belgium $8.22
France $8.04
Germany $7.86
Portugal $7.84
Italy $7.73

Lowest prices in the world

Venezuela $0.12
Iran $0.40
Saudi Arabia $0.45
Libya $0.50
Swazliand $0.54
Qatar $0.73
Bahrain $0.81
Egypt $0.89
Kuwait $0.90
Seychelles $0.98

Source: AIRINC NOTE: Countries surveyed between March 19 and April 1
Jacksonville Daily News, May 5, 2008 Page 1A

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

a gallon of what?:P

Hey...Jameson is about $86.50 a gallon...

Drinking diesel would be cheaper...:P

I was just thinking about the price of a gallon of Tequila when you posted that. Or heck, cheap wine for that matter is about 10 bucks a gallon.

A gallon of wine, a tank of gas. Heck, I'll have to buy TWO gallons of wine at a time to save the trip to the store. Just think how much money THAT will save me!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

a gallon of what?:P

Hey...Jameson is about $86.50 a gallon...

Drinking diesel would be cheaper...:P

Here in holland unleaded is approx 1,67euro/liter. Beer is approx 1,50euro/liter.
Don't drink and drive. Stay with the beer. saves you money:S
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

Sorry, thought i had also added this for comparisson

Yeah, but it neglects population density and the resulting availability of fast public transportation.

France is smaller than Texas yet has 62M people vs. 24M in Texas. Germany is about the size of Montana but has 82M people vs. 950 thousand in Montana.

Some place like Amsterdam which got popular in the late 1400s before they had cars you have town homes 25-30' wide with no front yard and small back yards. Some place like Anaheim which got built around cars you have an average lot size of 1/5 acre.

Most of America isn't dense enough to support public transportation so you have to drive long distances to live an average lifestyle. Much of Europe is so you don't have to drive often or go far.

The five times I've been in Europe over the last fifteen years I didn't need a rental car. Every American trip I've made in the same time frame (except vacationing in downtown San Francisco) has meant a rental car or $100+ a day in cab fare.

Europe was built around pedestrians and horse carts and had expensive gas for a long time. It's not a big deal.

America was built around cars with an average gasoline price around $1.50 in current dollars. $4.32 gas (the average in California) is a big deal for people who bought into housing developments 20-35 minutes by car from the jobs.

10 years ago New zealand was $3.40nzd a gallon. Now it is $8.40nzd a gallon.

10 years ago diesel in nz was $2.00 a gallon. Now it is $8nzd a gallon.

Similar in Australia. New zealand and australia the average person drives about 15 miles each way to work.

Public transport in Sydney is on par with third world countries at the moment.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSL1062226620080610

It's a global issue.

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish drivers and shoppers stockpiled fuel and food on Tuesday, fearing shortages after lorry drivers blocked deliveries across the country for a second day of an indefinite protest at the high price of fuel.

I wonder if we have enough fuel reserves in the US to prevent another 78/79 crisis.

Does america have cheap tuesdays like here in Australia?

No

America was built around cars with an average gasoline price around $1.50 in current dollars.

Which was very short sighted. It was no big secret that oil would eventually start to run out, or hit its peak and cost would go up dramatically. Problem is that most people pretended they were ostriches and put their heads in the sand.

Many of those suburbane communities will look like ghost towns when the price of crude starts hitting $200 a barrel.