skymama

Where is your favorite city to visit?

Paris. Like Hemingway said, it is a moveable feast. I've only visited it with Vskydiver, never lived there, but I'd like to. Meanwhile, we've had fun in a bunch of places all around the world, even skydived in a few. :)
I'm guessing V would pick Rio Maggiore in Cique Terre, Italy as her favorite city (village). I loved that place too, some great memories.;)

Munich. Super beer gardens, incredibly laid back people, nice train system, nice parks, Deutsches Museum.

Hong Kong would be a close second, I think.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Was in London for the first time this last April. We had a jolly-good time there. Love the historical aspect. I saw the palace , the tower , bobbies carying machine guns (not much road rage seen where the cops carry machine guns) Soho , Camden and way too much to list further . Ill go back as soon as I can. Did you make a jump there Andrea ?
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

No, I didn't jump in London. My trips were totally sightseeing trips and I didn't want to lug my rig around.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Saint Petersburg (Leningrad)

Old Soviet joke:

Q: Where were you born?
A: St. Petersburg.

Q: Where did you go to school?
A: Petrograd.

Q: Where do you live now?
A: Leningrad.

Q: Where would you like to live in the future?
A: St. Petersburg.

:D Yeah, that's kinda' how I ended up going there. I'd forgotten that they'd changed it back to St. Petersburg....I was thinkin' Florida! :(
"T'was ever thus."

Hands down: Paris

Dunno Jerry....;)

Been there 3-4 times this year alone, and yes it's nice and there is certainly plenty to do & see.

But ya can't swing a dead cat in Rome without hitting something worth spending a day exploring & learning about...and the FOOD in Italy is considerably better than the horse-meat in France! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Maui, Hawaii:)
I know it's an island and not a city but, it is my favorite place on earth. I wouldn't want to live there though. I would miss the variety of the main land too much.

Loved it there, but you can drive around it in a day, so pretty though. I dont like cities much, Loved Alaska, the Amazon places with lots of nature stuff :-)
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Those would be the cliffs of Moher in my background. I went to that part where all the "tourists" are not supposed to go (our secret);) Ireland was really great. Dublin was extremeley fun, I just didn't get to spend much time there.[:/]

Me: I want to ride a bull out of a skyvan.
vegasjoe: How the hell are you going to land that thing?
Me: Who said anything about landed with it? I think after we'll have some Bar-B-Que.

Those would be the cliffs of Moher in my background. I went to that part where all the "tourists" are not supposed to go (our secret);) Ireland was really great. Dublin was extremeley fun, I just didn't get to spend much time there.[:/]

Those cliffs are SO beautiful. I saw them in wintertime, and the rain was turning to ice and burning our faces. When we got back to the car, it looked like we'd been stung by bees! Worth it for pictures like this, though!

But ya can't swing a dead cat in Rome without hitting something worth spending a day exploring & learning about...and the FOOD in Italy is considerably better than the horse-meat in France! :ph34r:

Rome was pretty gritty, Paris a little cleaner, as far as we saw. Both are pretty damn cool.

IT was only a light drizzle when I visited the cliffs. however that did make for a rather slippery adventure in order to get my picture. I loved it though, and the hrill was like no other!:D

Me: I want to ride a bull out of a skyvan.
vegasjoe: How the hell are you going to land that thing?
Me: Who said anything about landed with it? I think after we'll have some Bar-B-Que.

It would have to be Rome. B|

. . .and yes I remember when it was just a little village! ;)

In your experience, was it better as a republic or after Augustus became emperor?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I've travelled quite a bit. Compared to many European cities, London was not my favorite. I blame that on the fact that it was burned during the war and there's so many modern buildings mixed in with the historical. I've yet to see Rome, which is on my must see list.

My pick for favorite city to visit is an odd one since I grew up in one of its suburbs. That's NYC. For me, hands down, it has the most to offer.

Oh yeah, Seb mentioned Vancouver. I've yet to go there and I've always wanted to.

Honorable mention is Montreal. Stunning city, but too cold in the winter.

I like travelling in foreign countries; the damn dollar is just making it so expensive right now. [:/]

JerryBaumchen

NOT FOR SOME OF US:P:ph34r::ph34r: Sux to be Jerry:ph34r::P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?