guppie01

Ignoramus F&*()((*&)( Whuffo Co-worker

Grrrrr

I stopped talking about skydiving in the office a while ago simply because the people are so fucking closed minded.

Elsinore lost a great jumper, friend, dad, and husband a week ago, and we had a celebration for his life last Friday. I didn't mention it in the office (per above), and today I walk into the office to this...

Co-worker 1) "Hey Gia I've been meaning to ask you... I saw in the news a jumper died in, what was that, um, Elsinore, and he didn't have a parachute."

Gia) I hate the media - they never get the story right... :(

Co-worker 1) "WOW looks like it must have just been his time."

Gia) It's so sad

Co-worker 2) "HA, another good example of thinning of the herd."

:o

OMFG - I so wanted to bitch slap this dude. >:(

I took a deep breath and walked to the back of the office to make some tea.

I can't even imagine someone saying something like that - it's so heartless, insensitive, and callous.

:S

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Co-worker 1) "WOW looks like it must have just been his time."

Gia) It's so sad

:o

OMFG - I so wanted to bitch slap this dude. >:(

I took a deep breath and walked to the back of the office to make some tea.

I can't even imagine someone saying something like that - it's so heartless, insensitive, and callous.

:S

g

Granted not everyone knows how to deal with death, that comment about "his time" was just plain stupid and insensitive...B|...And I probably would have bitch-slapped him...kudos for not doing it...;)...

~R+R:)...

edited to add: At one point when I started jumping, I was accused of being suicidal...B|:S:o...I guess they didn't understand that I wanted to skydive repeatedly, not just once...:|...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

People say crap like that to appear super-cool or "edgy".
As if they are in a position to be judgmental of the actions and lives of others.

Sometimes, people on here will use the "Darwin" analogy when discussing a death caused by a stupid non-skydiving action in some news story. The perception of non-jumpers is that skydiving is a death wish and pointlessly risky.

I have heard people say stuff like that and respond with, "No, Darwin would start at the bottom of the herd by making couches lethal."

People like that are monumentally insensitive and deserve some sarcasm to think about.

Kudos for not b*tchslapping him. Now you know he's an ignorant insensitive prick. I've experienced similar comments from co-workers in the past. Its hard to walk away and keep your mouth shut but sometimes that's the best option in the long run. He's shown his true colors and he's really not worth your time and definitely not worth getting upset over.

Don't get your panyies in a bunch.

During your lunch break, dump some sugar in his gas tank. ;)

Stitchypoo, what are panyies ;):ph34r:

As evil as I'd like to get with this guy right now.... I need to re-group. I have a HUGE presentation to Suzuki on Thursday and I have to get 2 drafts and a final out today. :P

Thanks everyone...

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Granted not everyone knows how to deal with death, that comment about "his time" was just plain stupid and insensitive...B|...And I probably would have bitch-slapped him...kudos for not doing it...;)...

Well, there may actually be more than one side to a comment like that. Ever read "Fate is the Hunter" by Earnest Gann?

Gann was a pilot that saw a lot of his buddies die in the early years of aviation and, unfortunately, all the way up to the time he retired as well. He came to understand that it is, in fact, possible for a person to do everything right that they can in aviation and that sometimes, "Fate is the hunter" and that sometimes fate just wins. This also, unfortunately, applies to anyone that is going to stick in the sport of skydiving very long.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Good job keeping the temper in check. In similar situations, I find that a simple stare for an uncomfortable length of time and then turning and walking away does more than the slap may have.

Or try this phrase "Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Well, there may actually be more than one side to a comment like that. Ever read "Fate is the Hunter" by Earnest Gann?

Gann was a pilot that saw a lot of his buddies die in the early years of aviation and, unfortunately, all the way up to the time he retired as well. He came to understand that it is, in fact, possible for a person to do everything right that they can in aviation and that sometimes, "Fate is the hunter" and that sometimes fate just wins. This also, unfortunately, applies to anyone that is going to stick in the sport of skydiving very long.

Very true, but I still believe that the comment was ill-timed and the person in quesiton could have kept such comments to himself...just to be respectful...

But I am gonna check out the book...looks interesting...:)
~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I'll translate this statement into something a bit more realistic, it might explain a bit:

Co-worker 2)"I'm a gigantic pussy, and I enjoy finding justifications for being that way in this tragic event."

Good job at holding your tongue! My reply to his statement would have been something along the lines of.... "Thinning the herd huh... I'm surprised your ass hasn't been killed in the stampede. Why are you here again? Oh, yeah, that's right sometimes the slower, stupid ones slip through the cracks. Be sure to wear your seatbelt! You know, just in case the heard begins thinning out on your drive home." And then I would have slowly walked away, while trying to resist the urge to give him the finger too. But, hey, I'm kind of a bitch like that :).

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

I would have clocked him>:(>:(>:(>:(

eta: but we all know that I am a heinous bitch esp before I have had my morning coffee:D:D:D

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Someone answer this for me...

Skydivers are generally the first ones to be sarcastic, smart ass insensitive pricks. Someone else takes on that role and everybody gets offended. Why?

Who gives a fuck? Did he physically hurt you? Did he do anything that could possible affect your life in any way shape or form???

Why the fucking sensitivity around this place lately. Time to switch to heavy flow tampons people.

Heya Mickey (not sure what to call you as you don't have a name in your profile),

Skydivers are generally the first ones to be sarcastic, smart ass insensitive pricks

Honestly, I can't disagree with you - yes I've seen people on here make pretty insensitive remarks as well - and yes I've stepped up and told those people to chill. There are several people here who have received PM's from me in the past who can attest to this.

I guess more than anything I would hope that a person would offer the same respect I would give them, especially in a time when a friend is lost.... Is it an irrational hope / expectation - perhaps? :S Is it wrong or overly sensitive to be passionate about ones moral values / beliefs, and be soft in a time of death - apparently it is in today’s society. [:/]

It truly does sadden me sometimes

Time to switch to heavy flow tampons people.

LOL :ph34r: That's pretty funny shit there! :ph34r:

See, I can have a sense of humor and be serious at the same time ;)

g
OMG, is she okay?

See, I can have a sense of humor and be serious at the same time

It's probably just mood swings-my wife has them all the time:P

LOL Hmmmm methinks Divot needs another emo DD. I think I can gather a slew of females for a conference call. :ph34r:

g
OMG, is she okay?