Nightingale

Skydiving in Georgia?

Send her to the Farm. Great place with great people. The closest wind tunnel would be in Raeford, NC I believe.

Wouldn't that depend on where in Georga she is for the tunnel?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Send her to the Farm. Great place with great people. The closest wind tunnel would be in Raeford, NC I believe.

Wouldn't that depend on where in Georga she is for the tunnel?

Actually, no. Some places in GA, you can't get there from here.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Either the Farm or Skydive Atlanta would be great choices. The Farm is northwest of Atlanta, and SDA is south in Thomaston. One or the other may be significantly closer depending on where your friend is located. Similarly, the tunnel in Orlando is closer if they are in south Georgia (about 6 hrs from Atlanta, only 2-3 hrs from Tifton for example), the one in Raeford may be a bit closer from northern Georgia (4 1/2-5 hrs from Atlanta). Hope this helps.

Don

Both Skydive Atlanta and Skydive The Farm are great choices. They have different vibes, but they both have good people on staff.
Where in GA would determine which is closer.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Both Skydive Atlanta and Skydive The Farm are great choices. They have different vibes, but they both have good people on staff.
Where in GA would determine which is closer.

^^^^Werdd!

I have many friends at both. Good luck.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Yeah what they said.. The Farm or SDA. Give her these specific websites:
www.skydivethefarm.com
www.skydiveatlanta.com
.. because if you let her search on her own, she'll probably it one of the 4 million fake websites for that other place.

Also, depending on where in GA she lives, she might be closer to one of the carolinas, Florida, or Alabama drop zones.

Yeah what they said.. The Farm or SDA. Give her these specific websites:
www.skydivethefarm.com
www.skydiveatlanta.com
.. because if you let her search on her own, she'll probably it one of the 4 million fake websites for that other place.

Yup I can definitely vouch for that, since I just recently was doing the searching for a place to look to do my first jump. First I found, was one of said sites, and later found it was Skyride (from people here). Then found out about The Farm, and since it's about a 4mile difference between that one and the Skyride place, gonna head up there on Sat to hang out, watch, and meet people. Course ask questions as well, and start preparing to save the money for my first one... can we say hello overrtime ;)

I just paid my first visit to The Farm this past Saturday! The people there were great. I was only able to do one jump but also had a repack done! Great people, great place! I almost landed at the wrong "farm"! I am heading to Skydive Atlanta this Saturday and plan on jumping all day!:)

I just paid my first visit to The Farm this past Saturday! The people there were great. I was only able to do one jump but also had a repack done! Great people, great place! I almost landed at the wrong "farm"! I am heading to Skydive Atlanta this Saturday and plan on jumping all day!:)

See you there. Be sure & say hi to Rich (me)! I can show you around the place & make sure that you have someone to jump with.
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

I have a friend in Georgia who wants to go do a tandem jump. Where should I send her? We want to stay away from Skyride dropzones, of course. She's also interested in a wind tunnel. Any of those in Georgia?

Like everyone has already mentioned, it depends on where they live. (I prefer Skydive Atlanta) :)
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

Like everyone has already mentioned, it depends on where they live. (I prefer Skydive Atlanta) :)

That depends, Skydive Atlanta is maybe 3 or 4 times farther from I-20 than The Farm. If you're within 20 miles south of I-20 on the west side of Atlanta, you're closer to The Farm. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That depends, Skydive Atlanta is maybe 3 or 4 times farther from I-20 than The Farm. If you're within 20 miles south of I-20 on the west side of Atlanta, you're closer to The Farm. ;)

If you are 20 miles south of I-20 on the west side then you have more important problems to deal with!:o:D:D:D
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

If you are talking about I-20 at the Ga/Al state line.

Thomaston is on a line roughly between LaGrange and Macon. That's a pretty good distance down from I-20
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thomaston is on a line roughly between LaGrange and Macon. That's a pretty good distance down from I-20

From Cumming, Georgia the Farm is 88.3 miles and Thomaston is 99.6 miles. It's a distance toss-up...a geographical oddity being two hours from everywhere.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)