moodyskydiver

I think I just got a job!

...working as a photographer/journalist for the Navarro County Times newspaper!woohoo! They called me saying they're really interested and to send more of my photography work to them.I told them I was on crutches and in a cast-they said they didnt care.I told them up front I was going to LP and they said they didnt care.I told them I'd be in school in the Fall and they said they didnt care..they want ME!WOOHOO!!!!B|

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

you are on a roll - can I have some of your good juju;);););)

Congrats though and see you at LP:D

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Congratulations! It can be difficult for a writer to get a foot in the door (even when not in a cast). :)

Thanks! I think mostly I'll be doing photography but they did mention some writing requirements when I went by today.But I should know more next week/after the holiday.I'm really hoping they hire me!:)

my job offer still applies :-)

jk:P

I might take you up on that job offer.I'm desperate for $ to go to LP and things here are kinda off...I went by the paper to talk to the woman who called me and she was like "I got your email but I'm trying to meet deadline so I'll just call you after the holiday" very rudely.So now I'm uncertain of how my position stands.[:/]

Hey, Knowing what little I know about the "news paper industry," I would not be discouraged at all. There are a zillion "11th hour" things that are occuring before they go to print. If you are lucky you can get the nickname "deadline" for making all yoru suspenses.

best of luck sweety. :)

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

hey moodyskydiver, congrats. keep the faith & we'll keep our fingers crossed & you in our prayers. hopefully leroy is right. sorry you you got such a rude response. but it could very well be that it was just due to last minute deadline pressure with the holiday weekend. I'm sure it'll all work out. ;) edited to add. You will get that job come Monday! & I will get that puppy I haven't stopped thing about since you planted that seed in my head, last week. & we'll all be in here Tuesday to congratulate you officially & play name that puppy. ;)

thanks for all the encouraging words.I really appreciate it.(thanks to you too Leroy!*smooch*)I should be hearing from them this next week.I'm hoping the paper's representative was just unaware of how rude she came across and was just stressed to meet deadline and the holiday stuff going on yadda yadda...So I've got my fingers crossed too that I'll be hearing good news!:)
Right now I'm just going to concentrate on getting psyched up for my flight to Cali to meet up with Nightingale and our road trip to Lost Prairie!*happy dance*:)

now go get that puppy!;):D:P

Ok, so I'm not using my crutches anymore (eventhough I probably should be:)) and I'm back from LP.School starts on Monday.BUT the woman I talked to about a job at the paper finally called back! She wants to talk with me ASAP on Monday b/c they're really needing someone who can write and be a photographer which I think I can do,its just a matter of balancing it with my school schedule.I only have 4 more classes to take to graduate in December and I dont want to fuck it up now and fail a class.

So, I've been a bit discouraged b/c its taken them a while to get in touch with me about the job but it looks like I'm still in the running for the position.I'll know more on Monday.Keep your fingers crossed everyone!Thanks for all the positive vibes too!:)

I'm now a free lance writer and part-time photographer for the NC Times.I start my first assignment this weekend.B|

CNGRATS Amber,
does that mean NO MONEY unless they accept pics or articles from you? Or do you have a retainer?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?