npgraphicdesign

Why are most of my friends such...

...little pansies!!??? :D
I keep telling them they should at least go do a tandem jump and do something new that most of them have never done. I especially like one excuse from my buddy, who says that the reason he won't go skydiving is that he 'has a brain and thinks with it.'

Wait...so all skydivers are brainless? :P

How do I convince someone who thinks it's either a waste of money or time or simply a stupid risk that's not worth taking?

...little pansies!!??? :D
I keep telling them they should at least go do a tandem jump and do something new that most of them have never done. I especially like one excuse from my buddy, who says that the reason he won't go skydiving is that he 'has a brain and thinks with it.'

Wait...so all skydivers are brainless? :P

How do I convince someone who thinks it's either a waste of money or time or simply a stupid risk that's not worth taking?

Stop trying to convince them, stop talking about it to them, its not for everyone, Why do you need them to jump for you to keep enjoying it?........ EXACTLY! you dont'.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

...little pansies!!???

I hate to have to be the one to break this to you, but you really need to get over the concept that skydiving somehow makes you macho or tough or manly or whatever the hell it is that makes you think YOU are somehow not the "pansy" your friends are just because you skydive and they don't.

Skydiving is a broad spectrum sport. People of all types take part in it. About the only real separation is that skydivers tend to have a bit more disposable income than the "average" person but even that doesn't mean much.

Wait...so all skydivers are brainless?

Not all, but there certainly are some, just like the rest of the population.

Seriously, you learn not to even try. It's not worth the time.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You don't;) Fuck 'em, you've got better friends now

That's the attitude I've had to adopt. And you know what? I really like my new friends!! They all "get it". And that's what matters to me now. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Wouldnt worry about it. When you start spending all your free time at the dz and your friends keep wondering why you wont hang out with them then you can bluntly say "if you were at the dz we would be hanging out". Seriously I have better friends inside the skydiving community than outside. Just my selfish opinion so take it for what you paid for it.
Muff #5048

Let's say one of your friends were really into golf. You however really had no desire to get into it. Would you appreciate them trying to get you to go play every time they saw you? No matter how many times you said you didn't want to go they kept pushing. It would get annoying real fast. Think about it.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

I hate to have to be the one to break this to you, but you really need to get over the concept that skydiving somehow makes you macho or tough or manly or whatever the hell it is that makes you think YOU are somehow not the "pansy" your friends are just because you skydive and they don't.

OH NO! Tell me it isn't true! All this time I thought skydivers were all that :(

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

...little pansies!!???

Skydiving is a broad spectrum sport. People of all types take part in it. About the only real separation is that skydivers tend to have a bit more disposable income than the "average" person but even that doesn't mean much.

yes I understand it, and no you're not the first one to say it. I'm surprised that they are simply afraid to try it and not even give it a chance that's all.

...little pansies!!???

yes I understand it, and no you're not the first one to say it. I'm surprised that they are simply afraid to try it and not even give it a chance that's all.

Use the force to get past this young skywalker, Use the force.

That's the attitude I've had to adopt. And you know what? I really like my new friends!! They all "get it". And that's what matters to me now. :)

Where are all of the 'friends' you had before you started jumping? :|

True friends aren't driving by on a band wagon.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Where are all of the 'friends' you had before you started jumping? :|

True friends aren't driving by on a band wagon.

My friends (have had the same group of them for years and years) are completely uninterested in skydiving unless I can introduce them to hot chicks. :o

:|:|:|

My friends (have had the same group of them for years and years) are completely uninterested in skydiving unless I can introduce them to hot chicks.

So that makes them less of a friend? Skydivers are better friends? You have a lot to learn. Not to bust your chops or anything, but .....

Don't burn your bridges and snub your non-jumping friends.

:)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

My friends (have had the same group of them for years and years) are completely uninterested in skydiving unless I can introduce them to hot chicks.

So that makes them less of a friend? Skydivers are better friends? You have a lot to learn. Not to bust your chops or anything, but .....

Don't burn your bridges and snub your non-friends.

Oh no, no, no, no!!! I didn't dump my friends for skydiving - it kinda looks that way with what I wrote in the "fuck 'em" reply, but there's a couple of them do nothing but bash the sport and I really don't care to hear it. I'm totally respectful with their interests but I'm also like the little sister and they worry about me wayyy too much. I hope that makes sense! ;)

Don't burn your bridges and snub your non-friends.

Oh no, no, no, no!!! I didn't dump my friends for skydiving - it kinda looks that way with what I wrote in the "fuck 'em" reply, but there's a couple of them do nothing but bash the sport and I really don't care to hear it. I'm totally respectful with their interests but I'm also like the little sister and they worry about me wayyy too much. I hope that makes sense! ;)

Yeah its funny how people view things. I had luch today with two business associates and a vendor. One of the associates took upon himself to lecture me on how stupid it is to jump from planes. How it was selfish to put my life at risk when i have two daughters counting on me (16 and 19).
So as i pointed out to him if he believed that philosophy he would take that cigarete out of his mouth right now and quit smoking 2 packs a day, loose the 75 pounds that would get him to 200 (he's only 5'4"), eat healthier and stop having scotch everyday for lunch and dinner. His daughter is only 10. Isnt she counting on you to be there? He got up and left before the meeting ended.

I get pretty defensive of my decision to skydive. I've had to tell people that it makes me a healthier person mentally since there's such a good feeling that goes along with it for me. I won't get on the back of their Harleys because they terrify me, so I guess we're even. :S

I get pretty defensive of my decision to skydive. I've had to tell people that it makes me a healthier person mentally since there's such a good feeling that goes along with it for me. I won't get on the back of their Harleys because they terrify me, so I guess we're even. :S

Yeah unless someone really starts in on me, i dont even discuss it anymore, in one ear and out the other. Most of my friends think its cool but probably will never try it. So i still break out the clubs and woop thier asses in golf on ocassion. I love golf too.

Fuck.

10 years down the tubes just like that, huh?

:ph34r:
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

How much healthier can you be with only 6 jumps? :P:D

How much healthier can you be with only 6 jumps? :P:D

Well, it gave me focus. Which I really, really needed. And it beat the hell out of playing golf. My clubs haven't seen the light of day since I made the first tandem July 4th.

Amen...but i guess my sarcasm didn't come through loud and clear...:D oh well...:P