WatchYourStep

Dog Help Needed...

My dog Roxton (4yrs old) and I were outside a little bit ago. It was stormy here but not raining yet. I noticed I felt moisture on my foot (wearing sandals), looked down and he was peeing on we. WTF?!

Anyone else ever have this happen to them or why it might happen?

Thanks

I'm going to take a shower now.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

if it is a male he may be marking his protected area.

letting others YOU are his human and under his protection

also fear and excitement can cause these accidents
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Get him checked for a UTI. Make sure there is no medical issue before exploring other options.

Dogs pee for a couple of reasons. It may also be a dominance thing. Are you doing the proper things to be a leader for your dog? Have you done anything to upset his routine or cause him stress? Is there anything new in his environment?

Anyone else ever have this happen to them or why it might happen?

A few years ago my cat, who has never done anything like this before or since, woke me up by peeing on my pillow next to my head (ACK)

I took her to the vet right away. Poor old girl had stones in her bladder and couldn't figure out a better way to tell me about her distress. [:/]
Owned by Remi #?

What everyone else said. Bring the little guy into the vet first to rule out any kind of infection or other health issue.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'll give my vet a call tomorrow, but I doubt the UTI. He doesn't meet any of the typical symptoms of a UTI for dogs, but who knows.

He's a Spitz and the breed will typically lower the tail (they have a curled tail so it's up all the time) down when they are sick/nervous/etc.

There was a dog that was a ways off, but he's never done that before.

Maybe it was the storm, but he's never done that in the past.

The only real difference was I had just put a fresh coat of ReviveX on my Gortex pants. He seemed very interested in the scent.

I'll let you guys know.

Thanks again for the feedback.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

The only real difference was I had just put a fresh coat of ReviveX on my Gortex pants. He seemed very interested in the scent.

Hmmm...as if the new scent was that of a competitor? A friend's dog did that a couple times after the friend had been away for a day or two and spending a lot of time with a different dog rubbing up on him, etc. Each time it happened shortly after returning home prior to showering or changing clothes. Last time he made the same visit he got in, changed clothes and showered before seeing the dob and the dog kept his pee to himself.
Killing threads since 2004.

From your history I would suspect storm phobia or that you maybe stepped in some offensive material and Roxton was just trying to rectify the infraction.
A urinalysis would rule out any renal problems. Neutering would decrease most inappropriate marking behaviors.

This kind of reminds me of an instructor who lives at my home dz ... His male dog has pissed on two female tandem students over the past few months. I was lucky enough to be there for one of the pissings ... lol.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Jeremy
saw this just last week when the dog catcher girl got her foot pee'd on by the dog I rescued.

she came to pick the pup up and he pissed on her boot, that little guy was tied to a stop sign and left behind. Christina and I rescued him and while walking to the house with him he pissed on everything. possibly uti, anxiety or dominence. who knows?

Good luck, I would say he may have been feeling anxious with the storm, or perhaps he was sending a message from Jimmy Coiner!

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

He read Martin's email about the upcomming boogie and was gettin some style and accuracy practice in.:P

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama