Vallerina

The New Kids dance

When I was a 9-year-old girl in the late 80s, I had crimped hair, day-glo clothing, and my very own NKOTB cd! I spent many nights making up dance routines and dreaming of Jordan. My parents saw this love and took me (and my brother...who has hated me since) to my very first concert! I had some very jealous friends who fell into the super-obsessed category (she ran out of wall space for her posters, so she started hanging Teen Beat pictures from the ceiling.) By the time the concert rolled around, I had already started turning on NKOTB. I didn't even get "Step By Step"! Nonetheless, I had a great time at my first concert watching 5 dreamy men dance and lip-sync to songs I was very familiar with.

Almost 20 years later, an important news event came to me via email: the New Kids were reuniting!!! A few of us women in our late 20s/early 30s just HAD to go! Last night, we joined 20,000 other women in their late 20s/early 30s for a show full of cheese, ridiculousness and big fun! I enjoyed seeing the side pony tails, neon jackets, oversized buttons, fringed t-shirts, and other bad fashion statements that I used to wear proudly. Some women took on more "adult" themes making posters that read, "We're bigger now," drawing boobs below the statment and another girl with a poster reading, "I swallow."

When the five grown men stepped on stage, it took every one of us back to our Girl Talk playing days. They threw in some of their old dance moves to "The Right Stuff" while everyone in the crowd sang along. The back up dancers also did the running man, the knee and the Roger Rabit...a nice touch. They did a mix of old and new stuff with a most fantastic finale of "Hangin' Tough"! It satisfied the women who missed out on it in their youth, and it let the rest of us relive a most memorable moment in our lives.

And I STILL love Jordan!!!!!!!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I was in high school when they were popular. I am feeling so old now...LOL I'm glad you had a good time at the concert.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

When I was a 9-year-old girl in the late 80s, I had crimped hair, day-glo clothing, and my very own NKOTB cd! I spent many nights making up dance routines and dreaming of Jordan. My parents saw this love and took me (and my brother...who has hated me since) to my very first concert! I had some very jealous friends who fell into the super-obsessed category (she ran out of wall space for her posters, so she started hanging Teen Beat pictures from the ceiling.) By the time the concert rolled around, I had already started turning on NKOTB. I didn't even get "Step By Step"! Nonetheless, I had a great time at my first concert watching 5 dreamy men dance and lip-sync to songs I was very familiar with.

Almost 20 years later, an important news event came to me via email: the New Kids were reuniting!!! A few of us women in our late 20s/early 30s just HAD to go! Last night, we joined 20,000 other women in their late 20s/early 30s for a show full of cheese, ridiculousness and big fun! I enjoyed seeing the side pony tails, neon jackets, oversized buttons, fringed t-shirts, and other bad fashion statements that I used to wear proudly. Some women took on more "adult" themes making posters that read, "We're bigger now," drawing boobs below the statment and another girl with a poster reading, "I swallow."

When the five grown men stepped on stage, it took every one of us back to our Girl Talk playing days. They threw in some of their old dance moves to "The Right Stuff" while everyone in the crowd sang along. The back up dancers also did the running man, the knee and the Roger Rabit...a nice touch. They did a mix of old and new stuff with a most fantastic finale of "Hangin' Tough"! It satisfied the women who missed out on it in their youth, and it let the rest of us relive a most memorable moment in our lives.

Were they the Backup singers for Frank Sinatra?
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

I thought twice before posting this so that I could avoid such persecution of my beliefs in boy bands. But, I ended up deciding that I could trust this community to not judge me. I think I'll go cry now :P

NKOTB has another show the night before the UFC fights. Coincidence? I think there are several closet NKOTB fans amongst the male population.

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

think there are several closet NKOTB fans amongst the male population.

Closet is in deed the right term. Then again, I dont think its fair to associate being a fan of New Kids with being gay. Its not very nice to our gay friends, now is it....
Remster

Since Val posted a confession I will post one as well. My confession is that Val is WAY cuter than Jordan and like everyone else I love Val. I know people are judging me and saying that I only love Val more because she has boobies. To those people all I can say is that yes it's true. :)
I can only hope that Val and her boobies will join us again at Couchfreaks next year.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Hey even I will admit to liking some of The Culture Clubs music, it was nice to listen to and had some good lyrics.

But NKOTB?B|

Culture Club were greatB| and Boy George has a voice like Gene PitneyB|

But Boy Band suck arse:|

McDonalds & Cokeacola style POOP music
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey even I will admit to liking some of The Culture Clubs music, it was nice to listen to and had some good lyrics.

But NKOTB?B|

Culture Club were greatB| and Boy George has a voice like Gene PitneyB|

But Boy Band suck arse:|

McDonalds & Cokeacola style POOP music

I just don't care much for bands who sing and dance but don't play any of the instruments.

Gimmie a drummer, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and bass guitar and decent vocals and you've got a band. The Clash was one of the greatest bands of all time. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Many, MANY, years ago (25?) by strange circumstance I did the technical portion of a management training program that featured a guy by the name of Morris Massey.

One of his key theories was that if you wanted to relate to somebody, you had to learn a bit about them (and yourself) by knowing their (and your) circumstances when they where in their formative years. Let's call that pre-teen to 18.

One of the things he said as an off the cuff remark was that the music the person listened to at that time period would follow them their entire lives. That little old ladies would eventually be rockin' out in old folks homes to Elvis.

We recently put my mother-in-law in an assisted living home. One of the things I noticed was . . . in the common area . . . was a 1940-50s style jukebox. Guess what kind of music it had in it?

Makes perfect sense to me.

However, it does make me wonder about the kids that currently listen to a lot of Emo music.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Okay, I'll help ya out here...I was also a HUGE NKOTB fan in the late 80's, when I was around 9 too. :)

But my very FIRST concert was not NKOTB. It was an even older one of the original boy bands...The Monkees. :D I was probably 6, and I loved watching the reruns of the Monkees TV show on Nickelodeon. Weird Al Yankovich opened that show (and I didn't quite get the humor). Then when the Monkees came out I said to my Mom, "why are they so OLD????" :D:D:P

And that was the beginning of my love of boy bands, there's just something about the singing and dancing that gets to me. :) Although I haven't found a decent boy band to fill in the void in my life since *NSync broke up. Yes, I went to 4 or 5 of their concerts too...when I was in college. :$:):D:)
As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with liking boy bands. :P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

lmao....on the 17th me and my best friend are going to their concert. She got me the tickets for my birthday. When I was 12 I went to one, but uhhh actually missed the whole thing so this time Ill actually get to see them.

For fun I am crimping my hair, and also embarrassment, as Nathan and the rugrats are driving us there so the following day we can go to sea world, so I plan to bring back the 80s and do what I can to annoy them the whole drive.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Wow...I don't think any boy bands should ever reunite :P

Hmm, I don't think any boy bands should have EVER united to begin with !!:P

That's a very good point :D
TPM #131
People are just as the stars....there are bright ones and there are those that are dim.