BillyVance

Big Day in college football today

The only college football game that matters is on 28 November this year.

Who against who? I don't see any games of significance on that Friday.

12:00 p.m. West Virginia
Mountaineers Pittsburgh
Panthers

12:30 p.m. Ohio
Bobcats Miami (OH)
RedHawks

12:30 p.m. Mississippi State
Bulldogs Mississippi
Rebels

TBA 5 LSU
Tigers Arkansas
Razorbacks

1:00 p.m. UTEP
Miners 23 East Carolina
Pirates

1:00 p.m. Central Michigan
Chippewas Eastern Michigan
Eagles

1:00 p.m. Akron
Zips Temple
Owls

2:00 p.m. Kent State
Golden Flashes Buffalo
Bulls

3:30 p.m. Colorado
Buffaloes Nebraska
Cornhuskers

3:30 p.m. Bowling Green
Falcons Toledo
Rockets

6:00 p.m. 25 Fresno State
Bulldogs 19 Boise State
Broncos

9:30 p.m. UCLA
Bruins Arizona State
Sun Devils
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bama's O line ran the game-Good job

Bama's D line had Stafford running for his life most of the 1st half, and their DBs covered his deep passes well.

We do need to defend the 5 to 15 yard passes better though.

Don't fret though, if UGA gets their act together, they could still make the SEC title game. Might be a tall order since they have to play LSU and Florida though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Gee thanks for the txt message regarding the Bama game. I really needed the thought of giving divot a bj in my head...[:/]

:D

You were not the only one I sent a text about that to. :D

How about that, the new rankings came out. Alabama jumped from #8 all the way to #2 in the AP poll. Damn... I would have preferred a slower steady rise. Now we're going to have a target on our backs. I just hope we don't slack off thinking we've got it made. Hopefully Saban will make sure that doesn't happen. :)

Alabama is doing very well. I have a strong feeling that whoever wins the SEC chamionship will be in the big game at the end of the year.

I thought it would take Sabin one more year to pull the team together, but Bama is going to be a serious SEC contender as long as he's there. It's going to be tough for AU to extend the streak much past 6 in a row.

I love college football because you really can't ever tell who's the best going into many games. The excitement/devestation of an upset, non-traditional teams coming to national prominence..... it's always fun to watch :)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Alabama is doing very well. I have a strong feeling that whoever wins the SEC chamionship will be in the big game at the end of the year.

I thought it would take Sabin one more year to pull the team together, but Bama is going to be a serious SEC contender as long as he's there. It's going to be tough for AU to extend the streak much past 6 in a row.

I agree with you. I thought Alabama was another year or two away. That is when we should be fully stocked at every position where we have backups that play just as good or almost as good as the starters. Right now we're not there yet. If a critical starter or two goes down, like say Andre Smith or Terrence Cody, we could be in trouble.

One major detail that is going Alabama's way... senior quarterback leadership. John Parker Wilson. As far as I know, he is the only senior quarterback starter in the SEC this year, and the last 4 SEC champions were led by senior quarterbacks.

Wilson now holds most if not all, the school passing records, having broken the passing yardage record against Georgia. He came from a high school powerhouse program - Hoover High, you know, the school featured on MTV's Two A Days series, where his younger brother was featured as their QB, and who beat Tim Tebow and his high school in a game a few years back.

This year JPW finally has the coaches and teammates needed to be successful. He was 10 of 11 passing in the 1st half against Georgia, which was amazing.

The next month will really tell us if Bama can handle the pressure of carrying the high ranking and continuing to play as well as they have thus far.

I'm already looking forward to shutting up the obnoxious Kentucky fans who keeps saying they're gonna beat Alabama. :S Sure, maybe in basketball.... :P We should be ready for them. I just hope we don't overlook them thinking about Florida-beaters Ole Miss the next weekend. We should handle Tennessee in Knoxville if they can't get their shit together by then. The biggest game of the year should be the LSU game in Baton Rouge where their arch-enemy and old coach Saban returns for the first time. Man is that going to be a loud, raucous and obscene welcome for him? :D

I still think Alabama is another year or two from really contending for the national championship, or at least the SEC title.

We dodged a bullet today against Kentucky. I didn't think UK was really that good, as they'd built up a 4-0 record against lousy competition, I mean, Norfolk State? :S

Maybe Alabama just came out flat after destroying Georgia last week, you know, coming into a "trap" game this weekend.

We started out with a quick 14-0 lead after the first quarter thanks to a 78 yard TD run by Coffee and a fumble return for a TD by the defense. Didn't do shit for the next 2 1/2 quarters. :| Boy did the defense hang in there and stop them when we needed to, but.... play like this against LSU, we ARE going to lose. I love our RB Coffee for running all over KY with his 220+ yards, but he fumbled twice. And he knows it.

Now we have a bye week to get our shit straightened up and hopefully get a few more defensive back-ups up to speed before the Ole Miss and Tennessee games. We're still thin depth-wise on defense. And it showed with 4th quarter runs by Georgia and Kentucky. I guess all Alabama has to do the rest of the season is to continue starting fast, building insurmountable leads and holding on to outlast teams. :S

It was another crazy day in the SEC. One week after Ole Miss shocked Florida on the road, they lose at home to (gasp) South Carolina! AND, (gasp) Vanderbilt overcomes a 13-0 deficit to outlast Auburn 14-13 at home! Wow... what the fuck? Vandy's 5-0 now? First time since 1943 for those eggheads too! But they still have to play Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Kentucky.

Right now, I still see Georgia and Florida battling for the east, and Alabama and LSU battling for the west.

Oh, did you know that Oklahoma and Alabama are the only two teams in the country to have never trailed in a game this season? :P There's a reason they're #1 and #2 now.

Go Cocks!!

wouldn't want to be the team that plays Ole Miss next :ph34r:

No kidding! :D We both have open weeks, so at least that's a good thing for Alabama. Last season, 5 different teams had open weeks before playing Alabama. It was ridiculous. :S

Did you know that Jevan Snead was the nation's #4 QB coming out of high school? He came out with Tim Tebow, who was #1. He was going to sign with Florida but when they signed Tebow, he went to Texas. But Texas was pretty set on McCoy, so Snead decided to transfer to a team where he'd get to play right away, after sitting out a year, and Ole Miss is where he ended up.

Jevan has the potential to be as good as Eli Manning. Hopefully Alabama will have the right game plan to deal with Ole Miss and get the job done. All the remaining teams left for Alabama to play, are going to have to beat us with the passing game, the way things have been going.

Go Cocks!!

wouldn't want to be the team that plays Ole Miss next :ph34r:

Not only for that reason, but also for how last year's game went down in the closing seconds. It left a very bitter taste in the Rebels' mouths and Alabama got out of there with a close win.

Ole Miss was trying to move the ball down the field for the game winning score. They threw a long pass that was caught along the sidelines and the player was tackled inside the 5 yard line for about a 40 yard gain, but wait! No! the officials ruled the receiver had his foot come down out of bounds when he caught it! Play nullified! And Alabama escaped.

Boy were the fans PISSED. Even a woman threw her red high heel pumps on the field, she was so mad. :D:D:D:D

Wow... what a great start to another big day!

#5 Texas outscores #1 Oklahoma 45-35!!

Georgia and Tennessee just got underway and I hope Georgia kicks their ass.

#4 LSU is at #10 Florida and I don't know who's going to win. I'd like to see Florida win and leave Alabama in 1st place alone on top of the SEC West, then again, if LSU wins, then we stay on pace to meet each other undefeated Nov. 8 in Baton Rouge in the next Game of the Century. ;)

#4 LSU is at #10 Florida and I don't know who's going to win. I'd like to see Florida win and leave Alabama in 1st place alone on top of the SEC West, then again, if LSU wins, then we stay on pace to meet each other undefeated Nov. 8 in Baton Rouge in the next Game of the Century. ;)

and the Cocks rocked AGAIN, too bad for Kentucky the redshirt freshman QB came in after the star QB from the whooping at Ole Miss last week couldn't perform, looks Spurrier has a double threat going at QB, he might need it if Succop can't get his head together - how does the best field goal kicker in the nation miss that many??
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

and the Cocks rocked AGAIN, too bad for Kentucky the redshirt freshman QB came in after the star QB from the whooping at Ole Miss last week couldn't perform, looks Spurrier has a double threat going at QB, he might need it if Succop can't get his head together - how does the best field goal kicker in the nation miss that many??

That was a pretty sloppy game for both teams. SC's defense is good. KY's is good too, just not quite as good. KY just has a way of bringing the worst out of everybody, see last week's Alabama - Kentucky game. :S

That was a pretty sloppy game for both teams. SC's defense is good. KY's is good too, just not quite as good. KY just has a way of bringing the worst out of everybody, see last week's Alabama - Kentucky game. :S

yep, the defense is the best part of both teams, most of the scores were set up by a defensive turnover

so is AL going to slip into the #1 spot??
so they can get knocked of next week ;)
seems like being #1 is a curse
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

so is AL going to slip into the #1 spot??
so they can get knocked of next week ;)
seems like being #1 is a curse

Good question... this day could not have gone any better for an Alabama fan, on a day Alabama didn't even play! :D

How about that. Oklahoma, LSU and Missouri, all ranked in the top 5, lose. Plus Georgia sticks it to Tennessee and Fat Fulmer, and Arkansas knocks down Auburn. Woooohoooo!!! B|B|B|B|

Ole Miss comes to Tuscaloosa next Saturday, with a chip on their shoulders. Anybody remember the call that went against them last year and took away a 40 yard pass play that would have given them 1st and goal with under a minute to go and Alabama hung on to win? Boy were they pissed. This really looks like a trap game for Alabama. I do not know how the hell Ole Miss beat Florida a couple weeks ago, and then we just saw Florida destroy LSU 51-21.

If anything, I think Nick Saban will make sure his players are ready, as they realized the fight they came up against from Kentucky.

Who knew Alabama would end up being the last undefeated team in the SEC, and is now the only team in the country to have never trailed in a game this season! I just hope they don't get caught looking ahead to the Tennessee game the following weekend.

Gotta pull for Georgia to beat LSU next Saturday too! ;)

Oh, and Les Miles can go to hell. :D I cannot believe I actually did the Gator chomp, and I hate Florida too. :D

Edited to add: Alabama and Texas will be ranked #1 and #2. I just don't know in what order. My best bet is that Texas will jump over Alabama due to Alabama's open date. I actually prefer that. ;)

Jesus LSU got a whoopin, I pull for them all year (moms family are all HUGE LSU fans) but damn they got there tails spanked.

Im still stoked over UNC somehow holding notre dame off, i swear thats the closest ive ever been to saying that officials were trying to throw a game.

Auburn is dead silent tonight, people are in shock. I'm just pissed because now my tickets which I always sell aren't worth as much if anything.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Auburn is dead silent tonight, people are in shock. I'm just pissed because now my tickets which I always sell aren't worth as much if anything.

I learned my lesson after the '93 SEC championship game. I had 4 tickets that I bought when they went on sale, because I fully expected Alabama to steam-roll their way into that game. Well, they actually limped in without their starting quarterback, to play Florida again. Florida won in a rainstorm. I could only get $25 for each ticket. [:/]

I never did that again. I only buy tickets to the games I want to go to.

Oh and my Auburn fan friend has quit supporting the Tigers and is going to root for Penn State the rest of the way. Fucker.... :D

Another big day of college football games this Saturday!

Oklahoma State at Texas
Penn State at Ohio State
Georgia at LSU
Alabama at Tennessee

and maybe a few more...

My predictions?

Texas wins, but not by as much as they did over their last two games. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys get lucky.

PSU and OSU? I couldn't predict a winner. Both are playing good right now. I'd give the edge to OSU being at home now that they seem to have gotten on the right track.

Georgia has the proven QB and the talent. LSU failed miserably in their first big test of the season, at Florida. This is their 2nd big test. I expect Georgia to win, but it will be a cat and dog fight.

Alabama should win at Tennessee. The way things are going lately, they'll get a big lead by halftime, then see it shrink over the 2nd half and hang on to win as the starters get tired due to depth problems on defense. Then again, I didn't expect Alabama to run roughshod over them last year, and Bama is a much better team than last year's. Tennessee's gotten worse. But when these two teams get together, you can pretty much throw out the stats and records. They hate each other with a passion.