BillyVance

Big Day in college football today

#4 is more just than I thought they'd give them. Suddenly I'm an OK State and OU fan. :S:P

Ditto... I've got nostalgic feelings... I'd like to see an Alabama vs Penn State matchup in Miami. ;) If they just take care of their own business and go unbeaten, and TT loses, it'll happen.

It won't be easy, I can tell you that, not for Alabama. Florida scares the hell out of me now. :S

LSU finally looks beatable, Georgia didn't have a defense worth anything. And Florida finally seems to be playing at full speed in all facets of their game. Still, I wonder how much of that 49-10 Dawg beatdown was from emotion alone?

I just hope Alabama gets off to another quick start at LSU like they've done just about every game so far and shut them crazy drunk cajun fans the fuck up. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess its a pride in a history worthy of pride. The list is long and the accomplishments great among Former Students.

Still doesn't come down to mass criminal mischief among a student body...anyways, Tech students and fans are "special" among the Big 12. Not very well liked by any school in the conference.

I'm an Oakland Raiders fan. Criminal mischief? B|

And I know the Aggies history. I was certainly informed of it. Numerous times.;)

And it's not that I don't like Aggies. I just wondered, "Do they stay like this AFTER college?"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Still doesn't come down to mass criminal mischief among a student body...anyways, Tech students and fans are "special" among the Big 12. Not very well liked by any school in the conference.

I'm an Oakland Raiders fan. Criminal mischief? B|

Yeah, it's not everyday when you have a team that required a bail bondsman to travel with them to every game. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess its a pride in a history worthy of pride. The list is long and the accomplishments great among Former Students.

I'm going to have chime in on this. My worst experience with Tech fans: I was in close proximity to 4 Tech Fans on the home side of Kyle Field when A&M played Tech. I won't go into the details, but the Tech fans spit on the Aggie student body during a few yells. They spit. :| A long spit. It was gross. Be obnoxious and carry on loudly while all the aggies around you are 'yelling' - that's fine. But spit? Seriously? It was ridiculous.

I'm going to have chime in on this. My worst experience with Tech fans: I was in close proximity to 4 Tech Fans on the home side of Kyle Field when A&M played Tech. I won't go into the details, but the Tech fans spit on the Aggie student body during a few yells. They spit. :| A long spit. It was gross. Be obnoxious and carry on loudly while all the aggies around you are 'yelling' - that's fine. But spit? Seriously? It was ridiculous.

Damn... that could be assault and battery. You don't know if they have HIV or something. That's fucked up. 20 years ago, I might have been inclined to follow a group of spitting fuckers like that with some of my friends after a game (if it ended after dark) and beat the shit out of them in some alley. :|

I have been at some Iron Bowls (Alabama vs Auburn) back in the days when they played at Legion Field and the fans were split 50/50, and once I was sitting near the dividing line between the Bama and Auburn fans, I think it was 1985, the year Van Tiffin hit the 52 yard FG to beat Auburn with no time left, and I saw some Bama fans throw their drinks on the Auburn fans. That was embarrassing to me as a Bama fan.

But I'll tell you who some of the worst fans in the SEC belong to... Ole Miss. It's not uncommon to see empty whiskey bottles, flasks, even high heeled shoes come flying out of the stands at Ole Miss when they lose a hotly-contested close game. :S

Well, another big Saturday has come and gone. Alabama at LSU, was that an intense game or what? Shit.... :S

Man did it get sloppy in the early going, Alexander tries to stretch for the end zone on Alabama's first drive and gets the ball slapped out of his hand just inches short of the goal line by a defender who ran 50 yards across the field, and the ball bounced out the side of the end zone for an LSU touchback. Aw fuck.

Then Lee throws an interception on his first pass of the game. Weeee... and Alabama makes them pay with a touchdown sneak by senior QB John Parker Wilson, who then made a "call me" gesture towards the LSU student section, drawing a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Now the story behind that is that some LSU fans somehow got Wilson's cell phone # and made some prank calls during the week before the game. He had to turn it off. He was not the only victim of these prank calls. Georgia's Knowshown Moreno and Florida's Tim Tebow also received the prank calls from LSU fans the week before their games. Man, you'd think they'd have learned their lesson after Florida killed LSU, and again after Georgia did the same thing, but nooooo. All it did was make them play harder to win. And LSU lost all three games. Serves them right.

Back to the game, it was a hard hitting bruising 3 yards and a cloud of dust game most of the time, and yes, mistakes on both sides. As if Alexander's fumble at the goal line wasn't bad enough, kick returner Arenas fumbled a return being hit from behind trying to get that extra yard. And a few plays later LSU was up 14 - 7. The only two touchdowns Alabama had allowed in the first quarter all year. LSU would get no more until the 4th quarter.

With the score tied 21-21 and Alabama trying to drive for the game winning score, QB Wilson scampered 30 yards for a touchdown, only to have it called back for a holding penalty, arrrgh. Then on Alabama's last possession with 2 minutes left they drove it down to about the 12 yard line with a few seconds left for a chip shot field goal to win. BLOCKED! Fuck.... I did NOT want to see overtime, but overtime it is.

But oh hey! Alabama intercepts Lee's last pass of the game in the end zone to end their threat!!! Then QB Wilson fires a pass to super freshman WR Jones for a 24 yard catch and rumble to the 2 yard line! And finally two plays later Wilson snuck into the end zone for the game winning TD! Fuck yeah! B|

And THEN LSU's student section's true colors came out, with them yelling every cuss word and phrase at Alabama and their coach Saban. No class whatsoever. Man do they hate Saban... and I love it! We beat LSU at their own game and they can't stand it. B|

In other games, Texas Tech destroyed Oklahoma State, holy fuck! I can only hope Oklahoma gets them in a couple of weeks. The Sooners' defense seems to be more weaker than Tech's, but they'll have the home field advantage.

Poor Penn State got knocked off by Iowa for the 5th time in the last 6 years, go figure. Michigan State can beat the Nittany Lions later this month.

Florida Gators are now just flat out scary. Everything's working for them now. They've killed LSU, Georgia, Arkansas and Vanderbilt by an average of at least 5 or 6 TDs each!

So the SEC championship game is now set. Alabama and Florida will meet in that game for the 6th time. Florida holds a 3 - 2 edge in the first 5. I would not be surprised to see the betting line favoring the Gators by a TD or more, however they will face the SEC's two toughest defenses in South Carolina and Alabama (other than their own), so we'll see what happens. Alabama and Texas Tech control their own destinies. Win out and face each other in Miami for all the marbles.

Man, I can't believe the Tennessee Vols lost to a bad Wyoming team at home. :S I guess the players have just given up.

So, who do you think gonna win tonight's game - #2 Texas Tech or #5 Oklahoma? I can't pick, it looks too close to call. The easy thing would be to pick TT as that would keep the BCS picture simple. Imagine the quagmire if OU wins, leaving the Big 12 South in a 3 way tie between Texas, OU and TT. In that case, the team with the highest BCS rank will go to the Big 12 title game against Missouri.

All Alabama has to do is beat Auburn, and find some way to knock off one of the greatest Florida teams I've seen in a long time, and the Tide will be in Miami.

Ole Miss beat LSU bad, wow... granted LSU's starting QB went out with a leg injury in the 2nd quarter so they had to play their 3rd string QB, a true freshman. Hat's off to Ole Miss.

I'm watching this game in anticipation, it should be a really good game. I honestly have no idea who will pull this game out, although I say that OU has the (slight) edge being at home and having the crowd.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm watching this game in anticipation, it should be a really good game. I honestly have no idea who will pull this game out, although I say that OU has the (slight) edge being at home and having the crowd.

Are you as shocked as I am? It's halftime, and Oklahoma is up 42 to 7. What a fucking joke! :D:D:D If the game ends with the score as lopsided as it is now, I could see Tech dropping down to 10th.

35 points in the 2nd quarter... ouch... :S

Are you as shocked as I am? It's halftime, and Oklahoma is up 42 to 7. What a fucking joke! :D:D:D If the game ends with the score as lopsided as it is now, I could see Tech dropping down to 10th.

35 points in the 2nd quarter... ouch... :S

It's early in the 4th quarter and Oklahoma just scored another TD to go up 65 - 14. Why is Sam Bradford still in the game at QB? :S It ain't even funny anymore. Maybe they just want to give those rowdy Texas Tech fans a taste of their own medicine? :D

shoot, she almost made me late

Yup, that was a complete shock! No one expected this to happen and now the BCS is going to be all messed up. Damnit, the Big12 is going to defeat its self out of the national game this year.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

now the BCS is going to be all messed up.

As it has been since its inception. Maybe Obama will deliver on his promised attempt to establish an 8-team playoff.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I'm just getting a kick out of seeing Cincinnati actually do something. When I was in school there (through 1999) the high school marching band competitions in the stadium drew more people than football homecoming. Just odd to not only turn on the TV and see a UC game televised, but to see the stadium full too, just unreal!
Killing threads since 2004.