BillyVance

Big Day in college football today

Georgia has the proven QB and the talent. LSU failed miserably in their first big test of the season, at Florida. This is their 2nd big test. I expect Georgia to win, but it will be a cat and dog fight.

Wrong, South Carolina failed...:|

And yeah, LSU ain't crap, they are over rated and Georgia should stomp their tiger tails...

And I still can't believe the Gamecocks found a way to lose that game.

Georgia has the proven QB and the talent. LSU failed miserably in their first big test of the season, at Florida. This is their 2nd big test. I expect Georgia to win, but it will be a cat and dog fight.

Wrong, South Carolina failed...:|

And yeah, LSU ain't crap, they are over rated and Georgia should stomp their tiger tails...

And I still can't believe the Gamecocks found a way to lose that game.

Yeah, that's true... if there was a trap game for LSU, South Carolina was it. LSU didn't give SC time to make their substitutions after they made theirs on most of their plays in the 4th quarter. What can I say, LSU adjusted and SC couldn't.

Anyway, Go Dawgs! Roll Tide! Go Cowboys! Go Buckeyes! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, I got 2 out of 4 games that I wanted today. Can't complain. Georgia beat the fuck out of LSU 52 - 28... Damn.... 52 points??? :o

Alabama beat the fuck out of Tennessee 29 - 9 at their stadium. Alabama finally rose up to the challenge in the 2nd half and shut the Vols down. Granted they're having a bad year, and their defense held Alabama off from scoring a TD longer than anybody else this season, but they just don't have an offense.

I didn't get what I wanted in Texas-Oklahoma State or Penn State at Ohio State, but both were tough slugfests with 4 point margins by the higher ranked teams.

LSU has been exposed big time by Florida and Georgia, I can tell you that much. I feel a little bit better about Bama's chances at LSU in 2 weeks. We have the defense, but LSU will be ready to play. It's going to be a great game.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Although i am pissed that OSU lost to Penn, I got to say Within the next couple years, T. Pryor is going to be amazing. The guy is 18 years old and starting qb for Ohio State! I really think he will take us to a title while he is here.

Im almost glad that national championship isnt even in the equation now, I really didnt want to go again and get our ass kicked by some SEC team againB|

BASE 1384

Im almost glad that national championship isnt even in the equation now, I really didnt want to go again and get our ass kicked by some SEC team againB|

Yeah, I think Georgia, Florida and Alabama could put an ass-whupping on Ohio State right now, maybe even Penn State. Well maybe Alabama would just squeak by. :D

But I agree, Pryor was the nation's #1 QB coming out of high school. He went to a top school where he figured to get some playing time early, and he's earned his way in.

Holy Shit!!! Texas Tech roars out to a 19 - 0 lead over Texas??? :S:S:S Well now, Texas is on the board with a field goal, but damn... a 2 TD+ lead for Texas Tech can't be good for anybody.

GO TECH!!!! Help Alabama reach #1!!! :D

Did anybody see Florida's stomping of Georgia??? Holy Shit!!! 49 - 10??? 42 unanswered points??? DAMN... Florida is probably the best one loss team in the country right now. They should go to the SEC championship game, probably against Alabama.

I liked Bama's effort today but it was Arkansas State... I can't wait til next Saturday when we go down to Baton Rouge and take our turn stomping those Tigers. :ph34r:

Yeah, I'm watching the tech/t.u. game. The wheels have come off of t.u.'s program in this game.

What sucks is that there is some seriously good teams in the Big 12 this year, but they all have to play each other so they'll all be out of the top 5 by the end of the season due to BCS' rankings and having lost to each other.

Its also too bad that my Aggies aren't part of the "seriously good teams in the Big 12 this year."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Holy Shit!!!! Did you see the end of the Texas/Texas Tech game?!? DAAAMMN!!! They throw a 26 yard TD with one second left, after getting the ball back with 1:29 left following a Texas TD. Wow. I thought LSU coach Les Miles had telepathed that play to Tech's Mike Leach! :D

So, that leaves 3 major unbeatens left in college football... The BCS poll tomorrow will probably come out like this:

1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma

That's as far as I can go.

TT may well end up #3 with Penn State following Bama to #2; and vice versa for Florida and Oklahoma, but Florida had the more impressive win.

I also think Florida may well be the best one-loss team in the country, but of course, that can be argumentative.

after the boise state game i went looking for another game to watch. i almost watched the texas game, but there was a really cool thing about fractal geometry on nova. i should have dvred it and watched the game.

Yeah you should have you dork... :D Texas Tech went up 19 - 0 to start the game and 22 - 6 at half time. Texas rips a 91 yard TD pass in the 4th to pull within 3, Tech gets a FG to push the lead back out to 6, then Texas has the long drive to get the go ahead TD and lead by 1, and of course, Tech comes back hitting every pass but one along the way, but their kickoff return to near their 40 helped big time.

Great game.... probably the most exciting of the year to date. Well, at the end anyway.

The *second* best part: When the Tech fans rushed the field with 1 second on the clock remaining... and Tech was penalized, not once... but TWICE for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Get off the fucking field!>:(

Ah, what do I care! I'm an Aggie and Texas just lost, and to Tech. What do I do?:P I must say that the Texas fans I've encountered at Kyle Field have been waaaaaay more respectful than any Tech fans I've encountered. *shrugs* I'm just happy Texas ate it. :P

The *second* best part: When the Tech fans rushed the field with 1 second on the clock remaining... and Tech was penalized, not once... but TWICE for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Get off the fucking field!>:(

Ah, what do I care! I'm an Aggie and Texas just lost, and to Tech. What do I do?:P

Can't fault the fans for being exuberant, first win over a #1 team ever. Maybe they figured the game was over, but yeah, anything can happen in one second, just google the Cal-Stanford game from the 1980's, which John Elway played in before his NFL days.

Just root for anybody else to reach the Big 12 title game if you don't want Texas to go.

Here's an interesting scenario - what if Oklahoma beats Texas Tech, and everybody else wins out. Then you've got a 3 way tie for the Big 12 South division, with each of the 3 teams beating one of the other - Texas over Oklahoma, Tech over Texas, and Oklahoma over Tech. How will they choose the winner?

i could have caught the best part too:(. even the highlights were exciting. i love a bcs upset, but i guess that goes along with being a fan (and student) of a "mid-major" conference team.

I've got to ask... Is Boise State's grass real??? Or do they paint it blue for every game?

you're kidding right?;) the smurf-turf is fake, but it is new this year. as cool as it is to be the only school allowed to have a non-green turf, it looks like shit on tv, even in hi-def. the best games are away games on espn. tonight's game was away, but it was standard def and the stands were mostly empty so it had kind of a high-school game feel to it.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Can't fault the fans for being exuberant, first win over a #1 team ever. Maybe they figured the game was over, but yeah, anything can happen in one second

Tech fans are the worst fans in football. They are the rudest and most vile fans you will pretty much ever come across. I cringe every time they play here, due to the damage they inflict on campus (win or lose). Every other team in the Big 12 that comes through might talk trash, but they don't destroy property and act like assholes the entire time.

Tech fans pretty much act like drunken white trash. Destroying property and being completely rude, no matter what happens.[:/]

Hopefully the NCAA will do something further for how the student body acted there last night!

***Tech fans are the worst fans in football. They are the rudest and most vile fans you will pretty much ever come across. I cringe every time they play here, due to the damage they inflict on campus (win or lose). Every other team in the Big 12 that comes through might talk trash, but they don't destroy property and act like assholes the entire time.

Tech fans pretty much act like drunken white trash. Destroying property and being completely rude, no matter what happens.[:/]

Hopefully the NCAA will do something further for how the student body acted there last night!

Yeah, what he said. It's the truth. They are HORRIBLE!!

So, that leaves 3 major unbeatens left in college football... The BCS poll tomorrow will probably come out like this:

1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma

Wrong...

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Texas Tech

Just my thoughts...

Oh and How 'Bout those Cocks!!!!;)

1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma

Wrong...

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Texas Tech

Just my thoughts...

Oh and How 'Bout those Cocks!!!!;)

But how do you rate 1 loss OU ahead of 1 loss Texas when OU loss to Texas??? That is why the BCS is crap.

steveOrino

You know, Dave, Aggies consider their zealotry to be school spirit. I considered them fucking annoying.

There is ONE school for which I know the words to the fight song. ONE. Texas A&M. The ONLY one. That's it. And why?

Because it didn't fucking matter what was going on, every night the Aggies would sing their songs. Hearing a "WHOOP!!!!" at 2300 was not unusual there at Ft. Lewis. They destroyed nothing more than sanity and quiet enjoyment of the surroundings.

"Fuckin' Aggies" was the term. Red Raiders? Yeah, they had their own thing. My best friend was a professor there for a while, and he found Lubbock to be lacking in excitement. But he never mentioned anything about the students being rude.

It's a classic stereotype: You know how you can tell that there's an Aggie around? He or she will announce the presence in one way or another.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I guess its a pride in a history worthy of pride. The list is long and the accomplishments great among Former Students.

Still doesn't come down to mass criminal mischief among a student body...anyways, Tech students and fans are "special" among the Big 12. Not very well liked by any school in the conference.

I guess its a pride in a history worthy of pride. The list is long and the accomplishments great among Former Students.

Still doesn't come down to mass criminal mischief among a student body...anyways, Tech students and fans are "special" among the Big 12. Not very well liked by any school in the conference.

I guess I don't know too much about the history of the Big 12 schools or that the Tech fans were that bad. I thought the Hawaii fans were BAD. They were LOUD and OBNOXIOUS when Alabama had their 2 game series with them. I mean geez, they're not a top team that's really earned anything but having had monster passing stats the last decade or so, just like Tech... :S

That said, I hope Oklahoma or Oklahoma State knocks Tech off. At least the Sooners have class... well, maybe not when you guys had Franchione... I remember what they did before that game with you guys... "HEY FRAN... HEY FRAN... WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!" :D Just my two cents... that dude was only in it for himself. No loyalty to anybody. Glad A&M forced him out. :|

Anyway....

Looks like my top three prediction came true! B|

But how do you rate 1 loss OU ahead of 1 loss Texas when OU loss to Texas??? That is why the BCS is crap.

Sometimes it works out that way. WHEN you lose your game can make a difference. The later in the season the worse off you are. Now last season had a lot of crazy shit happen with everybody beating everybody else at least twice. I mean LSU needed a helluva lot of help after losing their regular season finale in OT to Arkansas, but everything they needed to happen, did happen. What were the odds...

As it was, Texas only dropped to #4 behind my predicted top three. Sounds about right. They were one second away from getting through that 4 game gauntlet... ONE SECOND.... Now the BCS considers HOW you win and lose, to a point. Texas will still need help to reach the Big 12 title game, meaning both Oklahoma schools need to beat the Raiders. Isn't the BCS now set up that you must win your conference to be eligible? I think so, after that Oklahoma debacle a few years back.