shermanator

Almost killed my baby

Just got home from my brother's house, put up his christmas lights for him. We use a small desk as a changing table, which is close to the crib. I put Lauren on it, had her diaper off, turned to reach down to get a fresh diaper and there she goes..She decided to roll over, I inch from catching her to stop the whole thing, but not quite. got my leg out/up and she rolled down my leg to the floor where she bumped her head on the desk leg. She is ok, after crying for 2 minutes. I am finally calmed down too. No, I lie, Iam still on edge after that. What a horrible feeling.

But hey... now I can tell her I dropped her on her head when she was a baby! :D[:/]
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Dude, Babies are frigging Tough, they are designed to take a few knocks, she'll be fine.

you on the other hand, PAY ATTENTION fucker>:(
:P

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We never had a changing table. We just changed them in the crib or laid them on the floor. No one ever fell off the floor.;) Glad everything is okay. To be a parent is to know true worry.[:/]:)

after tonight, that may be the case here.. our desk changhing table is too dangerous now that she is rolling over more often.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Just got home from my brother's house, put up his christmas lights for him. We use a small desk as a changing table, which is close to the crib. I put Lauren on it, had her diaper off, turned to reach down to get a fresh diaper and there she goes..She decided to roll over, I inch from catching her to stop the whole thing, but not quite. got my leg out/up and she rolled down my leg to the floor where she bumped her head on the desk leg. She is ok, after crying for 2 minutes. I am finally calmed down too. No, I lie, Iam still on edge after that. What a horrible feeling.

But hey... now I can tell her I dropped her on her head when she was a baby! :D[:/]

She was probably more scared than hurt. It's been said already, but kids really are tough!

My daughter was a total monkey nearly from birth, She took a nose dive out of her crib at around 3 months old...no lie... She is ten now and a perfect beautiful angel. My 6 yro has been a dare devil since toddler age, his multiple dives off any thing he could get on that was remotely high has left permanent knots on his head.... his doc has told me he fine, repeatedly.... squeak is right..... kids are friggin tough....;)

Team Dirty Sanchez President:Team HellFish #645 Muff Brother #3546

The fact is that you spend the first 2 years of your kids life teaching them to walk and talk,

and

The next 16 telling them to shut up and sit down!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Glad to hear she's okay. Some lessons we learn are burned into our brain for life and it sounds like you just had one of them. Those little pups move FAST and you just can't let them out of sight or reach.

Consider getting her a leash when she starts to walk. You'll get some crap from ignorant hippie types, but you'll also keep her out of the street, off of glass shelves in stores, and under control in parking lots. Besides, they make a really cute monkey backpack with a long tail/leash now.

I'm jealous, even of the fright you feel. Our first little girl was way back in '84 and even though I was out of work, I still love to look back at those days (and pray for grandchildren....).

Merry Christmas to you and your family !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

God looks after babies.

If it wasn't true, many here would not be alive to post any remarks.

Yes, but the babies belong to God, and what He gives me to care for, He can also take away. ... but lets not let this get to sc. :D

actually I think the quick reflexes looked after the baby :P

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

Wow, you have BASE jumper in the family ! Congratulations....

Yes, that's scary shit ... after a couple of scary incidents like that, I decided that all diaper changing sessions would be taken care of on the floor, where I placed one of those plastic mattresses.
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"