Twoply

Help me out, am I selfish?

I just had a nice arguement with the woman. For the record, she is a self admitted slob. She likes having "stuff." If not for me stressing how much I hate it, there would not be a horizontal surface in the house that didn't have something on it.

We are selling our house to buy a little house on a big lot. The house is perfect for a HUGE addition that I can do on the cheap. I'd install a giant master bedroom, giant master bath, walkin closet, very large kitchen and 2 other good size rooms that would probably be a game roome and (this is where the arguement comes in) a den for me.

I just want a spot in the whole house where I can drop my gear, have my own computer, desk and shelves without all her craft clutter and purse stuff strewn about.
I want to hang my jumping pictures and be able to hang my clothes somewhere civilized, instead of the laundry room, because she has both of the master bedroom walk-in's full of her clothes.

She says I'm selfish and that I already have the garage and shed to myself.

Dont other people in the worl kind of have their own den or study to themselves? I's not like I'm going to be deadbolting it.

I have a den. Just a 10'x12' room in the corner of the basement lower level. It is 100% my space and it does have a lock on the door. I'm sure my need for my own space came from being one of five children. "MOMMMMMM ! Billy is touching my stuff again !"
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I just had a nice arguement with the woman. For the record, she is a self admitted slob. She likes having "stuff." If not for me stressing how much I hate it, there would not be a horizontal surface in the house that didn't have something on it.

We are selling our house to buy a little house on a big lot. The house is perfect for a HUGE addition that I can do on the cheap. I'd install a giant master bedroom, giant master bath, walkin closet, very large kitchen and 2 other good size rooms that would probably be a game roome and (this is where the arguement comes in) a den for me.

I just want a spot in the whole house where I can drop my gear, have my own computer, desk and shelves without all her craft clutter and purse stuff strewn about.
I want to hang my jumping pictures and be able to hang my clothes somewhere civilized, instead of the laundry room, because she has both of the master bedroom walk-in's full of her clothes.

Dont other people in the worl kind of have their own den or study to themselves? I's not like I'm going to be deadbolting it.

I guess it's time to shove something other than a cigarette up her ass! :ph34r:
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I can see why she'd feel excluded. You're buying a small house and want to add extra space, but in that extra space is a "good sized room," which you want to save for your exclusive personal use. I don't think it's wrong to want space to yourself, but I think it's important that your wife feel like the new house has something special to offer her, too. The new house is small but you're giving yourself a lot of room that she's not welcome to use. Can you create a space for her, too? If you're creating your own addition, it sounds like you have complete control over the way you use the extra square footage. I would think she'd have less resistance to a place for you if there was also a special place for her.
TPM Sister #102

Man I can relate, I tried to live with women in my house for years- GF's and female house mates. Built the place with my two hands and I can't seem to share any of it with anybody I have the whole place to myself and every inch of it has my stuff in it- I even built a sun room last year for who? ME

So selfish? hell no,by comparison you should get a fucking lifetime recognition award for being so un-selfish!

So for the love of crap, man- build your own space for your own sanity!

BTW when I die I'm giving it to charity- to make up for my selfish ways.

I guess it's time to shove something other than a cigarette up her ass! :ph34r:

Edit to add.

Sorry, that was a bit out of line. :|

I meant to say... Grow a pair! :ph34r:
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Hasn't she ever heard of a 'man-cave'? No, it's not selfish, in fact I have one (I may not be a guy, but I still have my man-cave). Our house is a renovated bank barn, and the 3rd floor is a loft, which I have made into my rigging loft.... sewing machines, tools, rigs, the works. My husband knows that if I'm up there, he may be admitted for the occasional conjugal visit, but other than that, stay out and leave me the fuck alone :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

It's not being selfish as long as she has a space to call her own also. Design it so she has an area for all of her craft stuff too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Build her a room also then tell her to STFU:)

He IS building her one!!!

"very large kitchen"

and a Master bedroom with walk-in closets.

Twolpy, you are not being selfish by wanting a bit of space to yourself...

HAHA I would love a man cave, and I'm not a man.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?