jtval

Pink Floyd

ok, i alway socme back to the classics but i am in a Pink floyd frame of mind lately. does anyone know where i can find info about thier touring? I was told that they will be in Seoul soon but all the websites I look at do not include info. If I remember correctly the site named "pollster" had a tour guide but i cant seem to find the correct link. hmm. a little help please!:)getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

Remember when The Wall (the movie) came out? My friend Pam Nutt and I went to see it togther.....what fun.... I had not seen her since HS, and a couple years ago on a really bad spot (like 3 miles bad), I happened to land in her back yard! It was the coolest thing....
Peace~
Lindsey
Eve was framed!

Pink Floyd is touring? Roger Waters came through Chicago on a solo tour two summer ago, and I saw a picture of David Gilmour in a guitar mag, sans-Floyd. I was under the impression that the band fell apart completely and finally after the Division Bell tour and I had given up hope of ever seeing a mostly complete Floyd live.
Random quote, somewhat on topic:
"Man, Peter Frampton's gonna be pissed!"
"Hey, I bought that at Pink Floyd's garage sale!"
--
Brian

My brother saw Waters when he was in Chitown a couple years ago...rumor had it that during that tour, the rest of Pink Floyd would sometimes show up and they'd be reunited. This is just a rumor, mind you, and i never heard if it was true or not. Either way, my brother said it was freakin ridiculous (he was probably really stoned there)...i wish i could have gone.
The Wall rules on the big screen. Last year they showed it at at theater near campus where they turned the sound system to 11.
One more Pink Floyd thought:
I always thought it'd be cool to name a freefly team "Pigs on the Wing"

Remember when The Wall (the movie) came out? My friend Pam Nutt and I went to see it togther.....what fun.... I had not seen her since HS, and a couple years ago on a really bad spot (like 3 miles bad), I happened to land in her back yard! It was the coolest thing....
----------------------------------
that musta been cool!! (I never knew 'the wall" was in theatres. when it came out I was still a puppy...That musta been cool to see on the big screen....whilst everyone was HIGH!)
Syd barrett was a lunatic. IN every sense of the word. listen to UMMAGUMMA. If I am correct that was his last writings with "Pink." Hell the song titled "several species of small fury animal gathered together in a cave and grooving with the pict" should explian it all!
like I said(or at least tried to imply), I am not sure if they are touring again, someone started the rumor hear after Ozzy came to Seoul. If Floyd came I would love to see them for the first time....as a stranger in a strange land!
I wonder if Koreans would get it. or if they would just watch "THIS SHOW" that the band is playing?
getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

Syd barrett was a lunatic. IN every sense of the word. listen to UMMAGUMMA. If I am correct that was his last writings with "Pink." Hell the song titled "several species of small fury animal gathered together in a cave and grooving with the pict" should explian it all!

Although Syd *was* a bit on the mad side, he was out quite early on... before UMMAGUMMA. He was only fully involved in making their first LP, The Piper At The Gates of Dawn.
Dave Gilmour was brought on shortly after the album was released, immediately taking Syd's place at live gigs. Syd wrote and recorded some (about a third or so) material for the second album, A Saucerful of Secrets (1968?), and that was the last of Syd's creative involvement with the Floyd.
You can blame that Several Species(...) track on Roger, Dave, Nick, and Rick. :)BTW, I was in Korea when Floyd last toured (93/94). Don't remember whether they made it to Seoul, but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway (shite was hitting the fan back then). :S
*ugh* time for bed...
Steve

Shine on your Crazy Diamonds was in honor of him, right?

Yup.
Got Animals in my car right now.
"Big man, pig man. Haha! Charade you are...."
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Syd's mom died a few years back. He now resides with his aunt. Damn that must suck for her.
"Me nephew was in a great band but went completely out of his head. Then his band struck it rich, his mum died, and now I am stuck with a poor nut who sings 'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like' to me all damn day..."
There have been rumors of a reunion--Waters, Gilmore, Mason and Wright.
mike
The Lord giveth and the M-79 taketh away. Welcome to the world of zero slack.

Got Animals in my car right now.

Oh man. Was driving with the ex one day, Animals blasting away and we'd just torched some wacky tobaccy... went to another place for a few minutes there. I love that album.
I like Dogs - "you got to be able to pick up the easy meat with your eyes closed"
pull & flare,
lisa

hey thanks for the website. I'm gonna check it out! even if the rumor is correct, I'll be in Aussie When they come here but I am hoping to find out that IF THEY COME TO KOREA they will play a few times!
JT

did anyone ever do the "Dark side of the moon/wizard of oz" thing? I watched it once if was pretty cool but I'd imagine if I was able to smoke some of the waccy stuff it would ve been a whole new thing. alot of the things match up pretty good!
on the 2nd roar of the mgm lion play the disc.( i have no idea how long it took for someone to figure this out but i guess there wasnt much esle to do but sit 'round smote pot and listen to Floyd.)
JT

So what's the deal, you turn the movie sound off completely & just have the music playing? And somehow the music seems to coincide with the action on the screen?
does this effect work WITHOUT any chemical enhancement?
:$
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

Yea, that's the jist of it , Speedy!
and I was stone cold sober when I watched it! It helps if you can let the music get you high. I can not smoke that funky stuff so I dont know if it'll help or hinder. but i guess that depends on you!
JT