skittles_of_SDC

Do chicks TRULY dig scars?

Just wondering. I was gonna use the fresh staples and shit to hit on my nurse in the ER today but she had a massive rock on her finger and I thought it would be in bad taste.

All that is beside the point. I will reiterate the question. Do chicks truly dig scars?

I've hear that chicks in the forensic lab really dig your scars.. then drain your blood, extract your internal organs, weight them and give you a nice sewn job...
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Speaking from personal experience, there isn't too much uglier than the way your leg looks immediately after the staples have been removed! Now, when the swelling is down a bit and the scars have had a chance to heal???? Well, I won't go so far as "dig" but at least they aren't scary anymore!:P

(And the dudes don't seem to mind mine............)

Who cares? If they really don't like scars then they shouldn't take the piss out of the husbands whilst he's got a knife in his hand. - Well that was my defense and it nearly worked.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Who cares? If they really don't like scars then they shouldn't take the piss out of the husbands whilst he's got a knife in his hand. - Well that was my defense and it nearly worked.

what? that didnt make any sense to me
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ewww not the day you get your staples out! Been there, done that its disgusting...

i hated my scars at first from when i broke my tib/fib but now i love them

as for scars on guys...some are cool, some are cute, my ex has a scar on his cheek that i adore, really depends on the story behind the scar...

I wasn't very clear. You and Ali misunderstood me. I only went to the ER to get a refill on my prescription and get a new splint to hold me over until I see the ortho doc on monday. So the staples are still in and still have that piece of tape or whatever it is they put over them to protect them on. So they aren't too gross. Its just like a 7" yellow strip going up the outside of my leg and a 3" yellow strip going up the inside of my leg. :)

:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Sounds like we will have matching scars- let me guess- a plate and screws on the fib side, and maybe some vertical screws through the tib (inside) and possibly some long screws going through both bones?

You got it almost exactly. I had to look at the x rays again but everything is the same except that I dont have any long ones going through both bones.

Some people can keep them in forever with no problems at all. For me, the hardware caused a lot of pain and limited my range of motion. There is some argument about the metal increasing your risk of infection, even after routine dental procedures- I have no idea how true that is. My ortho suggested I have mine out long before I realized it would bother me - his logic? I was still relatively young and active, and healthy enough that the surgery didn't present any unusual risk, and had no issues with bone growth. The hardware had done its job, bone won't grow where the metal is but will grow back once you take it out, and in the long run, bone is better than metal.

And the long ones running through both bones (that you don't have?) are almost always temporary because once you start weightbearing, they can break pretty easily.

Thats exactly what my doctor told me, he also said the recovery period after removal is easy and isn't nearly as long as when i had them put in, wasnt very long anyway really.

I can't wait to get mine removed they bug the hell out of me!

I left the hospital the same day on crutches, and was walking without them the next. I took 2 days off work. And I felt immediate relief, even when I was still sore from the surgery. I had it done in the winter, and I'm not a cold weather jumper so it didn't interfere with my skydiving at all.

I'm dying to get mine removed, I don't have insurance and the first round of surgery and such cost me a damn fortune. Doc said it would be about another 8 grand to get them removed. As soon as I figure out a way to work payments those suckers are coming out.

If they didn't bother me it wouldn't be an issue but they drive me nuts.

Maybe a good bottle of tequila and some good friends can take them out for me..... ;)

Ok ill bite. You gonna tell us the story?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed what's going on.

Skittles, how the hell did you hurt yourself~!?

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?