leroydb

electical questions about 3 phase

master electricians, or those with a lot of experiance please reply.

please PM, [Beer][Beer][Beer][Beer] to follow if all works out

Le Roy

Sounds like you've been [Beer][Beer][Beer][Beer] already :) I think you meant electrical :P

If I'm wrong, someone bring me another beer and a dictionary.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

A C.B. I have, on the side it has a label and wire for an auxiliary switch. The sticker is next to 6 wires labled as below.

21/95
22/96
24/98
14/23

What are they for? Can I power another 120v off of that.

The total draw from the motor is avg 440. total v is about 480.

PM more withour getting to specific online...

thanks
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

>>PM more withour getting to specific online...

What the fuck are you in a nuclear submarine?:)I vote don't fuck with it- That combination of amperage and voltage = a roasted ham if the wires are not connected properly.

But seeing that your bath toys were electrical appliances you should be alright.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

It's rare to see three phased equipment at home. Only one phase comes into a house. It's more likely industrial(work related) in nature

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Normally, when you have auxiliary contacts on a breaker they are used for indicator lights, to power a coil on a control relay or to interlock with another device.

Are you sure that you have a Circuit Breaker? Judging by the numbers you gave us, may be a I.E.C. rated CONTACTOR.

There is a big difference between a Breaker, a Contactor and a relay. It could even be an overload relay. We need to know what it really is.

The numbers are for sure from an IEC device. Can you give us a picture?

Also can you tell us the manufacturer? I can look up the info in a catalog if I know that.

Knowing Leroy is a BASE jumper, the voltages involved, that he doesn't want to talk about it online and that it is a motor he referenced I'd guess he is trying to hotwire a motor in an antenna's elevator to save the climb up :S

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Knowing Leroy is a BASE jumper, the voltages involved, that he doesn't want to talk about it online and that it is a motor he referenced I'd guess he is trying to hotwire a motor in an antenna's elevator to save the climb up :S

That was classy...

did you use a Flux capacitor, or a fusion decoupler?

I used an isophase cooler which kept the temps down on my hydrogen stator cooler without any problem.:P

Fibber. Isophased coolers can't be sufficiently miniaturized without risking temporal anomalies.

>I'm just going to wait until the patent application is approved

Screw the patent office, fucking glacial bureaucracy - when this baby hits the streets it's going to be a brand new day man.... a brand new day for everyone!

my god we ARE geeks.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Normally, when you have auxiliary contacts on a breaker they are used for indicator lights, to power a coil on a control relay or to interlock with another device.

Are you sure that you have a Circuit Breaker? Judging by the numbers you gave us, may be a I.E.C. rated CONTACTOR.

There is a big difference between a Breaker, a Contactor and a relay. It could even be an overload relay. We need to know what it really is.

The numbers are for sure from an IEC device. Can you give us a picture?

Also can you tell us the manufacturer? I can look up the info in a catalog if I know that.

+1 from here...

400A@480VAC equates to roughly a 350 hp motor. That'll set you back a few jump tickets, amigo. And no, even with a flux capacitor, ya can't "rob" 120 volts from there. A properly located and installed CPT might get you where you want to go, but as the safety geek for the outfit I work for I'd seriously advise staying away. Also- get your NFPA 70E guide out and equip yourself with the proper PPE/AFC.

sheesh... I can never tell when you guys are yankin' chains.

Wal-Mart
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

400A@480VAC equates to roughly a 350 hp motor. That'll set you back a few jump tickets, amigo. And no, even with a flux capacitor, ya can't "rob" 120 volts from there. A properly located and installed CPT might get you where you want to go, but as the safety geek for the outfit I work for I'd seriously advise staying away. Also- get your NFPA 70E guide out and equip yourself with the proper PPE/AFC.

sheesh... I can never tell when you guys are yankin' chains.

Wal-Mart

and please do get it on video cause arc flash is cool to watch - from many yards away
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

and please do get it on video cause arc flash is cool to watch - from many yards away

It certainly illustrates the point wellB|

A few years ago, we had the opportunity to rebuild the electrical service/MCC/distribution in a major hospital in So. Florida. Utility's jacks never opened and the entire distribution gear vaporized as the (end) result of a short to ground caused by untrained personnel. Unfortunately, they weren't able to shed any light on the cause of this event. It is amazing that that quantity of copper and steel can virtually disappear
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

It certainly illustrates the point wellB|

A few years ago, we had the opportunity to rebuild the electrical service/MCC/distribution in a major hospital in So. Florida. Utility's jacks never opened and the entire distribution gear vaporized as the (end) result of a short to ground caused by untrained personnel. Unfortunately, they weren't able to shed any light on the cause of this event. It is amazing that that quantity of copper and steel can virtually disappear

Yes, that's essentially the same principle I employ in the beta version of the phaser rifle I'm working on. You'd be astonished at how quickly a focused beam can cut through granite. Still pretty bulky though; miniaturization's a bitch, I gotta tell you. Anyhow, mum's the word - patent pending on that one, too. Shhhhh.

Its a special project for a job I am working on. Actually has nill to do with base.. but if it was, thanks for the "classy" answer. You know I still skydive right, I am no enemy...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...